Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Turbo Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruncherjf1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Turbo Kit Question

I have a 2005 civic ex special edition automatic and im sick of it being slow so i want to do a turbo kit. If anyone has any suggestions to what kit i should buy and where i can buy it please let me know. Also if there are any other suggestions to make it go faster please let me know. I can't buy a new car so thats out the question. i just need to make this one go faster.

THANKS VERY MUCH.
JF
Old 01-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
This will either be a flaming party or it's going to be closed, so my suggestion is that you use the search button and go to the forced induction thread. You could buy AEM V2, header and cat-back if you want too.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
It will cost you ~3 grand if you get a used kit and at least 4 if you get everyhting new.

The best kit is by far Dezods, but the complete set up will cost you like 4-5 grand. You can get the Tsi kit brand new for like `3 grand but you should set aside another 500+ to be on the safe side. The thing with turbos is they just keep adding up.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Zeppelin8778 is an unknown quantity at this point
you can probably find a realatively complete Stafford Fabrications (SF turbo kit) for under 2 grand but then you may need to buy a few extra items such as an emanage and boost controllers etc. go to the for sale forum and look around there. go to the forced induction/engine swaps forum as well and look up the turbo FAQ thread and such. there should be plenty of help there.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Yeah he could also throw that money off a bridge.
Seriously those will not make you faster they are for sound/looks only.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Talk to members with turbos and learn as much as you can. Go to book stores and read up on turbos and tunning. Read the FAQs on this site. I mean spend a couple of days researching and learn before you spend a penny.
Forgot to mention this.