Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Turbo Guys Help Me!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sodjazeroracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Turbo Guys Help Me!!!!!!!!

Hey guys i have my turbo kit but i need a t3 to finish it, I have one but it is not in working order, where would be a good place to get it rebuilt and could i do it myself?? Do they have rebuilding kits?? i was just wondering did any of you turbo guys happen to have any turbo's that your not useing also that still work and if not where would be the best place to get a cheep used turbo from??? I want to try the junk yard, do you think that the turbo off of a old volvo or any other old turbo charged are will work holler back at me thanks.....
Old 11-21-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, they do carry rebuild kits on ebay for your turbo, like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...spagenameZWDVW.

Also ALOT of places rebuild turbos, I can look up turbo rebuild in my yellow pages, so try that. It's actually not hard =)
Old 11-21-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
dont try to do it yourself.

If you use a normal wrench to take the compressor wheel off, you will bend the shaft. Then the whole turbo is junk. Same thing goes with tightening it.

Let someone experienced do it. It will cost you less money in the long run.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

cool thanks
Old 11-21-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
ill sell u one for 200 shipped.. regular t3 super non super 60
Old 11-22-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
thought you were giving that to your friend
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, they sell rebuild kits........but it is something that you can't do yourself.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

do you think that it would save me money if i just sent it some where to get it rebuilt or i bought the kit and then sent the kit with the turbo.........
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
i'd imagine you'd be better off just sending the turbo bc there may be better or worse rebuild kits or ones that a specific shops uses....jmo