Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Help with BOV connect...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Help with BOV connect...

Turbo kit is a very dicovering process
Befre install you think you know everything, then it turns out as you dont know small things...anyways my issue is:

My set up is - TSI extreme

I dont know how to connect right vacuum lines to BOV+Boost gauge+WG (internal)

This how I have it now: From vacuum hose I have splitter to connect 2 extra things - 1 connected one to BOV and second one to boost gauge.

Problem now: my boost gauge will read that I'm getting tooo much boost - 10-12 psi at 4500 or so...My bov is waay to loud - louder than exaust...

Q1: I'm correct with my vacuum lines set up?
Q2: Anything I have to connect to internal WG?
Q3: Do i need to adjust screws on BOV and/or on WG?

Help!
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Befre install you think you know everything, then it turns out as you dont know small things...anyways my issue is:

This how I have it now: From vacuum hose I have splitter to connect 2 extra things - 1 connected one to BOV and second one to boost gauge.

Problem now: my boost gauge will read that I'm getting tooo much boost - 10-12 psi at 4500 or so...My bov is waay to loud - louder than exaust...

Help!
It's very simple. Before I even go into this, I recommend a Vacuum Manifold. If you don't have one a Vacuum T will do.

Ok, if you don't have the WG hooked up to a Vac. source, it's not going to open up. So get another T, and run that T into the Vacuum and it should fix your problems. BTW don't run the car at that much boost, the outcome won't be very nice.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Help!
Ok if you take a look at This wastegate I am selling on eBay (Free Promo), you will see a VAC source still has to be hooked up to the WG, see that red line, that's the VAC line...

What kind of BOV do you have?
Old 07-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a seperate line from from your WG directly to your turbo ??
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Hwoody77
It's very simple. Before I even go into this, I recommend a Vacuum Manifold. If you don't have one a Vacuum T will do.

Ok, if you don't have the WG hooked up to a Vac. source, it's not going to open up. So get another T, and run that T into the Vacuum and it should fix your problems. BTW don't run the car at that much boost, the outcome won't be very nice.
I understand thing about high boost, and this is what I'm trying to get rid of!

You are saying I need to tap T into WG line and run it to vacuum source line?
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Ok if you take a look at This wastegate I am selling on eBay (Free Promo), you will see a VAC source still has to be hooked up to the WG, see that red line, that's the VAC line...

So I need to run a line from it to my vac source, right?
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
I did not pay atention to that one, I have regular T25 with internal WG.
Should it be there?
Old 07-22-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I did not pay atention to that one, I have regular T25 with internal WG.
Should it be there?

There should be a nipple on the turbo and wastegate actuator. Connect a hose to each other.
Old 07-22-2005
Premium Member

There should be a nipple on the turbo and wastegate actuator. Connect a hose to each other.

like this .....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo_t25_1_P.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	57361  
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Ok, I will chack on that today after work...my torbo came preassembled with manifold and dounpipe flange attached...so I did not pay attention to naked nipples on the turbo...sexy
Old 07-22-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get a vacuum manifold and throw away those T tap (they get confuse). I have like 4-5 T taps b4. It is better off getting a vacuum manifold. Looks a lot cleaner.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

As I thought, its already connected.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

This how I have it now: From vacuum hose I have splitter to connect 2 extra things: first connected to BOV and second one to boost gauge.

I'm correct with my vacuum lines set up?
Anything I have to connect to internal WG? Anything extra?
Do i need to adjust screws on BOV and/or on WG? (higer ot lower settings?)
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

This how I have it now: From vacuum hose I have splitter to connect 2 extra things: first connected to BOV and second one to boost gauge.

I'm correct with my vacuum lines set up?
Anything I have to connect to internal WG? Anything extra?
Do i need to adjust screws on BOV and/or on WG? (higer ot lower settings?)

Bro, calm down and breathe. Everyone has answered your questions.

Your Vacuum lines up to that point are correct.
We all recommend a Vacuum Manifold.
The WG Vac. line should be going directly into your turbo.
I don't believe you can change your WG setting.
Old 07-23-2005
Premium Member

I don't believe you can change your WG setting.
The rod that runs from the actuator to the downpipe is threaded and has a nut on it. Loosen the nut and disconnect the rod from the flapper on the downpipe. Turn the rod and to run more boost......shorten the rod, less boost.....make the rod longer. Reconnect to the downpipe and tighten the nut.
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

I have generic type BOV, one that comes with TSI kit.
What does the screw on BOV good for?
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

I figured out purpose of the screw - its to adjust sound volume for the BOV
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
like this .....

so you just use like a 3 inch hose and connect the WG to the turbo? no connection to the vacuum line?
Old 10-31-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie_civic
so you just use like a 3 inch hose and connect the WG to the turbo? no connection to the vacuum line?
Yes, that is supposed to be the best way, but not all turbos have the nipple for a hose there
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Yes, that is supposed to be the best way, but not all turbos have the nipple for a hose there
ya mines got one, i wasnt sure if it connected to that or the vacuum line...theres also another nipple on the charge pipe right before the throttlebody, i guess its incase u dont have the nipple on your turbo...should i just plug that?
Old 10-31-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
ya mines got one, i wasnt sure if it connected to that or the vacuum line...theres also another nipple on the charge pipe right before the throttlebody, i guess its incase u dont have the nipple on your turbo...should i just plug that?
Yes, unless you have a reason to sense boost only just b4 the TB
Old 10-31-2005
Registered!!

Yes, unless you have a reason to sense boost only just b4 the TB
ya i already hooked the WG up to that nipple on the turbo...but im seeing some people say EVERYTHING is hooked up to a vacuum line...including the WG.
Old 11-01-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i agree with most of the people here. just get a vaccum manifold. thier fairly cheap. just tap the main vaccum into your brake booster vaccum. and then run everythign else to the vaccum manifold. real easy and clean to do.
Old 11-01-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

ya i already hooked the WG up to that nipple on the turbo...but im seeing some people say EVERYTHING is hooked up to a vacuum line...including the WG.
You CAN hook them all up to a central vacuum line like a vacuum manifold hooked in to the brake booster line if its easier. Thas how i and many others have done it.
Old 11-01-2005
Registered!!

You CAN hook them all up to a central vacuum line like a vacuum manifold hooked in to the brake booster line if its easier. Thas how i and many others have done it.
well isnt it very different if u hook up the WG to a vacuum or a line under boost, how can u do one or the other??
Old 11-01-2005
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
i was wondering the same thing
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

ya theres no way you can do either-or.....i think it depends on the type of wastegate you have...if your turbo has a fitting on the end of it then im sure the internal wastegate that comes with it is not meant for vacuum.