Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

How to hook up a fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005
BIG
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
How to hook up a fuel pressure gauge

I need a quick hand on how to hook up my gauge....its mechanical...thanks alot in advance!
Old 07-08-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on where you want to mount it. Basically, you'll have to run a fuel line to the gauge itself.
Old 07-08-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I have a mechanical guage, with a sensor running to it, so I can plug it in and run the gauge into the car
Old 07-08-2005
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
If you mean you have a mechanical gauge, i.e. tube running into it, not only wires, I hope you have an isolator. It is dangerous to run pressurized fuel into the vehicle, if the line breaks, you have the potential for disaster.

Basically, you will have to tee off before the fuel rail. It is the long silver thing that is on top of the injectors, the line should be on the left side.
Old 07-08-2005
BIG
Registered!!

yeah thats kind of what I was thinking.....just wasn't sure if there was an easier way to do it then just teeing it off
Old 07-08-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BIG
I have a mechanical guage, with a sensor running to it, so I can plug it in and run the gauge into the car
Ok, it sounds like you have a sensor that has wires that run back to the gauge. Is that the case or do you have an actual fuel line running directly into the gauge? If there is no fuel line to the gauge, it isn't mechanical. Clarify this and I can give you more description.
Old 07-08-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
I hooked mine up to the Fuel Supply line that I T-D off of for my N2O Installation!!
Old 07-09-2005
BIG
Registered!!

Originally Posted by andyman97
Ok, it sounds like you have a sensor that has wires that run back to the gauge. Is that the case or do you have an actual fuel line running directly into the gauge? If there is no fuel line to the gauge, it isn't mechanical. Clarify this and I can give you more description.
Its a mechanical gauge, it comes with the fittings and the sensor. Its the sensor that plus into the back of the gauge
Old 07-09-2005
Turbo Guru

In that case, you need to run a line to the gauge, as I stated earlier and wire it in. What are you not understanding?
Old 07-09-2005

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BIG
Is a no brainer
First find the fuel line

Then buy a metal fuel T , a small fuel line hose for fuel injection about 3" and clamps from any auto shop
You'l need 3 clamps
Cut and by pass your fuel line. (there may be some fuel under pressure have a rag ready)
Your sensor sholud have an fuel line input, connect the line into it.
Look for an opening in your firewall then run the wires into your cabin through the fire wall.
then connect the red wire to positve then black to ground and the remaining wire should be the signal from your sensor.
Your gauge should have instructions included.

Test for leaks by inserting your key and turning it in the switch position
(don't start your car)
while the key on the switch possition check the line for leaks
I no leaks are detected you should be reading presuure on the gauge.
If is leaking take the key off the switch and secure your connections.

Last edited by Supermex; 07-09-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2011
Registered!!

vdub is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to hook up a fuel pressure gauge

what size t? What is the size of the inside of the fuel line?