Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

A New break through in fuel systems for the D17?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
im down, i just wanna see some pics of it to see how nice it is. lol
Old 06-24-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Not knocking, but, other than the rail, what are you paying for? Replacing alot of parts that don't really need replacing. I keep hearing everyone say "you need a return line with an adjustable FPR to run boost....but you don't. All you need are some rsx injectors matched to the amount of power you plan to make and a replacement in-tank pump. I can definitely see the advantage to using a better rail that will hold 1000cc injectors....but other than that, I don't see a point to spending 1k on a replacement fuel system that isn't necesarry. Plus, my understanding directly from Greddy is that the emanage won't be able to idle anything over 550cc injectors. The only unit for our cars would be the aem ems and that's another 1300 bucks easy......
Old 06-28-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by andyman97
Not knocking, but, other than the rail, what are you paying for? Replacing alot of parts that don't really need replacing. I keep hearing everyone say "you need a return line with an adjustable FPR to run boost....but you don't. All you need are some rsx injectors matched to the amount of power you plan to make and a replacement in-tank pump. I can definitely see the advantage to using a better rail that will hold 1000cc injectors....but other than that, I don't see a point to spending 1k on a replacement fuel system that isn't necesarry. Plus, my understanding directly from Greddy is that the emanage won't be able to idle anything over 550cc injectors. The only unit for our cars would be the aem ems and that's another 1300 bucks easy......
This fuel system is made for those that want to defy the limits of the D17. The system is made for those that want to boost more than 8 PSI, which the stock fuel system (rail, pump, rsx injectors...) is virtually maxed out. The pump begins to strain at this time, which is why we are replacing the fuel pump & regulator. This will allow for much easier tuning and will actually increase the overall fuel delivery of the e-manage. The e-manage can not adjust fuel pressure, only duty cycle & pulsation....Not to mention, the AEM EMS will be a perfect mod for this car once boosting more than 8 PSI.

The fuel system on the D17 is not designed to hold 310,400,500 or 1000cc injectors and support them easily with fuel using the stock fuel pump, regulator and such. Hence, we are placing these essential components to a standalone fuel system, which will open a whole new realm of possibilities of expansion on performance. The return fuel system makes tuning a world easier for the higher boost apps. Look at any EVO 8 or Supra making 400,500,600 or even a 1000WHP, they all have standalone fuel systems to accomodate for all of the extra boost. Not that the D17 will probably ever see over 400WHP, but the amount of fuel needed to even produce 250-300WHP can not be accomodated by a returnless fuel system, with the stock fuel pump & rsx injectors. Also note, the cars I mentioned are stock turbo'd cars, which makes their stock fuel system able to support a large margin over OE power levels. Our fuel pump by design, is produced to accomodate 127 CHP from the assembly line.

THAT is why we are producing this system.
Old 06-28-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Right on, but, I would replace the stock pump anyways. And, the rsx's are making a ton of power without converting to return fuel systems. I agree 100% with replacing the pump, I think that's necesarry all the way. But an in tank pump is only 100 bucks. I have a friend that dyno'd over 600 whp on a gsr with a Walbro in tank pump and 1000cc injectors. Again, I don't think we'll see that mark anytime soon but, again, I really think 1,000 bucks is pretty pricy but for those that want to go all out, so be it. Props for the news and the R and D. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by andyman97
Right on, but, I would replace the stock pump anyways. And, the rsx's are making a ton of power without converting to return fuel systems. I agree 100% with replacing the pump, I think that's necesarry all the way. But an in tank pump is only 100 bucks. I have a friend that dyno'd over 600 whp on a gsr with a Walbro in tank pump and 1000cc injectors. Again, I don't think we'll see that mark anytime soon but, again, I really think 1,000 bucks is pretty pricy but for those that want to go all out, so be it. Props for the news and the R and D. Good luck.
The intank pump comes as an assembly from Honda and it's close to $200

Another reason why they can make that power without return is because they have excellent support from companies like Hondata that makes tuning a sinch and idling nearly perfect with double stock size injectors. We are stuck tuning the old fashioned way with a piggy back ECU & a good fuel set-up.
Old 07-01-2005
Registered!!

Blk2k2civy is an unknown quantity at this point
well if read about all these other post about rsx injectors,slp return system, and sf fuel and dezods kit sounds pretty decent fuel system its plug and play plus is a stand alone fuel system giving you the ability to control the fuel any way you'd like. but i have a ? why can't the d17 make power no more than 300. is that even with internals. sorry if its a repost
Old 07-01-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Blk2k2civy
well if read about all these other post about rsx injectors,slp return system, and sf fuel and dezods kit sounds pretty decent fuel system its plug and play plus is a stand alone fuel system giving you the ability to control the fuel any way you'd like. but i have a ? why can't the d17 make power no more than 300. is that even with internals. sorry if its a repost
Internals are an obvious. Axles are another. Traction being the 3rd
Old 07-01-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
everyone should understand that it will take time and patience for the d17 to reach high hp #'s. Look at some guys pushing over 400-500 whp on d16's. It will happen to the d17 eventually but i would wait for more products to come out and for prices to drop also.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Donggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this being sold yet?

Wasn't sure if this was being sold yet or is it still being developed? If it is available, how can I purchase it?

Don
Old 08-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Not yet complete. You have email.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

Not yet complete?
Old 11-09-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Donggie
Not yet complete?
No. Ran into some check stops with the IM. We were trying to tackle both at the same time.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

A New break down in fuel systems for the D17?

Is this out yet? Has anything been "tackled" yet. Any more check stops or just stop in general? I know it's only been a couple of months but is there any news on this yet?
Old 12-17-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Donggie
Is this out yet? Has anything been "tackled" yet. Any more check stops or just stop in general? I know it's only been a couple of months but is there any news on this yet?
The EL manifold needed to be completed first. Now we can begin to tackle the IM.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I can't wait until the intake manifold and the fuel system to come out. Hopefully by next summer.
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

02LX is on a distinguished road
I am very interested
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

caspers_hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
So.... will "just" the fuel rail be available for those of us who only need a fuel rail

Price -

Availability -
Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a feeling this fuel system is never coming out.
Old 12-20-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Pedro Lopes
I have a feeling this fuel system is never coming out.
Looking through some options with respect to the intake manifold first. If we can tackle that, that will open some easier options for fuel delivery.
Old 12-20-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
Looking through some options with respect to the intake manifold first. If we can tackle that, that will open some easier options for fuel delivery.

IMO if money wasnt an object something like the venom intake but with the TB mounting on the top. If i ever find a good deal on one im gunna buy it and mod it to work. Like you said that would end all the fuel issues