Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

SF fuel set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadyImprtracer is an unknown quantity at this point
SF fuel set up?

would anyone recommend the SF fuel set up that includes the vortech FMU and the walbro fuel pump for $300 shipped over a Greddy Emanage? i also have the RSX type S injectors to go along with this. I am looking to boost around 8-10 psi with my HP performance kit.
Old 02-26-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ShadyImprtracer
would anyone recommend the SF fuel set up that includes the vortech FMU and the walbro fuel pump for $300 shipped over a Greddy Emanage? i also have the RSX type S injectors to go along with this. I am looking to boost around 8-10 psi with my HP performance kit.
If its the older style SF fuel setup, the FMU is calibrated for the stock injectors, 240s.....If you run the RSX injectors you will be running WAY rich with that setup....

If you go with emanage, you'll need to convert to return system....either way its going to be expensive!
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

If its the older style SF fuel setup, the FMU is calibrated for the stock injectors, 240s.....If you run the RSX injectors you will be running WAY rich with that setup....

If you go with emanage, you'll need to convert to return system....either way its going to be expensive!
is that really true? i was gonna do the greddy emanage and injectors but if the return line conversion is COMPLETELY necessary then i would have to wait months until i can afford it. do u only need the return line if your trying to exceed a certain amount of boost?
Old 02-27-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
is that really true? i was gonna do the greddy emanage and injectors but if the return line conversion is COMPLETELY necessary then i would have to wait months until i can afford it. do u only need the return line if your trying to exceed a certain amount of boost?
i dont know if id say its completly necessary, but if you wanted it done right yes. I for one wouldnt want to risk engine damage over a couple hundred dollars.
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

how much does it usually cost for a return line conversion and can it be a DIY?
Old 02-27-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
how much does it usually cost for a return line conversion and can it be a DIY?

bout $600 -$700
Old 02-27-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i have the SF fuel system.....it works pretty good......although i do not have a wideband (no money) I have been boosted for 10 months and i am one of the few members that still has the stock HG and i boost 9psi daily and have hit 13psi.

If you install the walboro......then you will need to convert.

The SF system is good if you are on a budget. With the emanage......you have to figure in tuning.
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
i have the SF fuel system.....it works pretty good......although i do not have a wideband (no money) I have been boosted for 10 months and i am one of the few members that still has the stock HG and i boost 9psi daily and have hit 13psi.

The SF system is good if you are on a budget. With the emanage......you have to figure in tuning.
Old 02-27-2005

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by opto_isolator

sup opto
I did away with e-manage and use a combo walbro and inline pump with fmu
I got back up to 12psi 200 hp is running great.
the set up as something put together on a shop in Jax call STAGE 6 master mechanic Dewaine is heavely recluted by Titan.
I counld finsd anyone to tune my e- manage and with AEM out on the market so I focused on my fuel system.
I still need injectors
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Supermex
sup opto
the set up as something put together on a shop in Jax call STAGE 6 master mechanic Dewaine is heavely recluted by Titan.
I counld finsd anyone to tune my e- manage and with AEM out on the market so I focused on my fuel system.
I still need injectors
Good to hear you're getting things straightened out! So you're going the EMS route? That would probably be the best for your car man, with all of the custom work you have done to it!
Old 02-27-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by civic01vtec

same here... i have the OEM injectors and inline FPR for about 6months now... i had my psi up to 10 once for about 2 weeks with normal driving most of the time and had no problems... YET...

i say just go with inline FPR and VAFII for now... after that save your money, do the return fuel system conversion, change injectors, buy the AEM EMS then you're done... joy!!!
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
"i say just go with inline FPR and VAFII for now... "
IS it really needed to buy the vaf11 if you run a fmu? I was told just to run the fmu sine it increases as it sees boost.
Old 02-28-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jeff
"i say just go with inline FPR and VAFII for now... "
IS it really needed to buy the vaf11 if you run a fmu? I was told just to run the fmu sine it increases as it sees boost.

yeah, u are fine with just the fmu up to 10lbs
Old 02-28-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Supermex
sup opto
I still need injectors
Its hard to understand how nobody in the orlando area or at dynamic speedlab could tune your emanage. Thats just rediculous, sorry. I hope I dont have that problem. I know theres gotta be a dyno in the area with a mechanic who has experience with an emanage. I thought for sure someone at dynamic speedlab could do it...