Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

no more boost NEED HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
no more boost NEED HELP ASAP

just got the turbo installed set to 2lbs boost, spiked to about 5-6lbs boost
now when i step on gas, i get NO boost at all.
has anyone had this problem ? if so could you tell me how to fix ..
checked the pipes, they are a little loose but nothing major
dont think its the pipes, what else can i look at ?
thanks
Old 02-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
check all of the vaccum hoses and boost controller

check the wastegate actuator rod
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
recheck the pipes
Old 02-06-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, if they're loose, no good. You dont want to be under boost racing somebody, and have 6 or 7 pipes fall out from under your car do you? Make sure they are tight. And everything else that was said!

When I first installed my intake like 3.5 years ago, I was stupid, didnt know anybetter. I was trying to show off to my friend (hes a dork though), and went driving past them at like 40, apparently my filter wasnt on ver good, and I basically ran that bi*** over. It can out under my car, and he and my ex were cracking up. So was I though, it was hilarious. Just make sure the pipes are tightly connected. Thought Id Share a story, since I thought the intake was ok, just a little loose. thats what your looking at with a larger setup worth money.
Old 02-06-2005
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
This sort of thing happened to me last month. I was getting on the highway and i was in 3rd WOT, full boost, then KUNK! No boost. I couldn't build any either. I got to feel my car n/a again, it sucked. I putt-putted to the nearest gas station and looked under the hood, the downdraft coupling on the throttle body evidentally was loose, and under pressure had blown off. All i had to do was put the coupling back on the throttle, tighten the clamp real good, and i was back to full boost!

If you have an internal wastegate, check the vac line from the compressor housing to the actuator, then check ur actuator arm. if they're all good, then heavily inspect all of your couplings. You don't want them loose. Lastly, if everything is fine.......take the intake to the compressor off, and check ur compressor turbine, see if it'll spin, if it won't......you have a blown turbo
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

bakablo is an unknown quantity at this point
same thing happened to me eternal.. if you dont tighten it up good to the throttle body.. it just pops out.... I used a penny to tighten it and never came off again :P
maybe u should use a penny too LOL
Old 02-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, my charge pipe blew off the TB too...........it is amazing what a little hair spray can do
Old 02-08-2005
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Any news mndthegap1??? Give us an update.