Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My turbo project after internals D17a1 LXmanual UPDATED PICS ON POST # 49

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Hec.... you need to share the love lol. When it's done I'm going with ya to pick it up! =)
I'm going to need the ride
Old 09-28-2004
Registered!!

FRSeeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that is true funds are a bitch I know what you mean, its pretty gay cause recently some guy backed up into cause he hauled *** out of his parking spot to show off and ran right into me and my airbags went off so i have a steering wheel that is taped closed, but I want to get some Underglow, headers, turbocharger, the works, but I also dont want to be driving around with a taped up steering wheel and a new steering wheel with hub is like 250-300 is im lucky and thats for a cheap one........
Old 09-29-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
i cant wait to turbo my car..im so jelous i want to see some dyno results
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

obguam is an unknown quantity at this point
Makes me wanna move to Florida. Good luck amigo.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

REDchirp should not be trustedREDchirp should not be trusted
Talking

*edit* In reference to abmerop's IC sizing comment...

no no no.... his turbo is actually perfect sized for that IC, the pics might make it look small but it is not small by any means... hector what is the flow capacity of the IC again? and like he said he's not planning on boosting that much daily, no need for a huge as IC unless he's planning on pushing close to 20 PSI and only using the car as race use, it would have soo much pressure drop and lag... anywayz, props to you hec even though your not my fav person right now, lol, i'm over it though, i wanna see if when it's done here in orlando

Last edited by REDchirp; 09-30-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-30-2004
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Cant wait to see some numbers from that beast..
Old 09-30-2004

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by REDchirp
*edit* In reference to abmerop's IC sizing comment...

no no no.... his turbo is actually perfect sized for that IC, the pics might make it look small but it is not small by any means... hector what is the flow capacity of the IC again? and like he said he's not planning on boosting that much daily, no need for a huge as IC unless he's planning on pushing close to 20 PSI and only using the car as race use, it would have soo much pressure drop and lag... anywayz, props to you hec even though your not my fav person right now, lol, i'm over it though, i wanna see if when it's done here in orlando
No prop Derk you know I'm just fkn with you always, don't like to see ya or anyone giving up on 7thgen that easy and don't like fronts ether.

But you are right I'll be boosting about 10psi daily till I get all the buggs worked out then I'll move to 12- 14.
I'm getting a boost controler to dial boost up when need it.
I drive my car every day and I just wanted to be reliable and ballsy

Last edited by Supermex; 09-30-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
wow, crazy...you got dual exhaust??
Old 09-30-2004

Originally Posted by tripledoublegs
wow, crazy...you got dual exhaust??
Yes I do,
You likey?
Old 09-30-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Supermex, what you planning on for exhaust manifold ?
Old 09-30-2004

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Supermex, what you planning on for exhaust manifold ?
Custom made equal lengh manifold done with 8 gauge stainelss steel 3046
fabricated by the guys at Dynamic Speedlab in Brandon FL
Old 09-30-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Supermex
Custom made equal lengh manifold done with 8 gauge stainelss steel 3046
fabricated by the guys at Dynamic Speedlab in Brandon FL
Nice, have you got pics of it yet? i dont recall seeing any posted?
Old 09-30-2004

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Nice, have you got pics of it yet? i dont recall seeing any posted?
Is not done yet.
The project still under development
Old 09-30-2004
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
do you have automatic?
Old 09-30-2004

Is a manual transasxle
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

GLi4dr is an unknown quantity at this point
any updates??
Old 10-26-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
what kind of pistons and rods did you install? looking to do the same to my car in the spring.also P&P.and sleeve.not worried about the money..now im curious to find out if i can get a place in nj to fab. a intake manifold for me.
Old 10-26-2004

We have a new beautifull stainless equal lenght mani that just fabricated but because I want to keep the A/C intact I couldn't use it.
I'll need to contact Dynamic Speedlab and see how much they want for it.
But know that you'll have to remove the A/C compresor.

For more info on the internals, perst numbers, prices ,contacts got to the Turbo FAQ on top of this forum.

My car should be ready to dyno by the first week on November.
Old 11-11-2004

Well is the second week of november and the fabrication is complete.
Now the painfull task of tunning.
Here is some updated pictures of the project.

Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

Atticus is an unknown quantity at this point
woot. looking damn good man.
Old 11-11-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks damn good man!! How much $ do you think you will have in it if you don't mind me asking???
Old 11-11-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bgoetz
It looks damn good man!! How much $ do you think you will have in it if you don't mind me asking???
lots and its easy to spend when you have sponsorship
Old 11-11-2004

Sponsors will only give you good prices, they will sacrifice profit.
You'll still have to pay for most of it, and have to work for the sponsor to sell and promote thier product.(nothing is free)
Its taking me 2 years to do my cars performance.
How much?...... well let's say I have to work lot's of overtime.

Take in account that no sponsor will do anything on a stock car, you'll have to do lot's of work on it and lot's of PR to deserve it.

So it's not that easy.

Last edited by Supermex; 11-11-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
I believe it
Old 11-11-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

looking good!!
Old 11-11-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
looks great man. that manifold is beautifuly

just a couple thing though, you defeniatly need a filter for the turbo, dont wannt be suckin in anything bad into it and fcukin it up.

also, why is you BOV on the bend of your IC piping near the bumper and not on your charge pipe?
Old 11-11-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by abmerop18

just a couple thing though, you defeniatly need a filter for the turbo, dont wannt be suckin in anything bad into it and fcukin it up.

also, why is you BOV on the bend of your IC piping near the bumper and not on your charge pipe?
You can use your BOV in either location. Closest to the I/C or to the TB. Some people even use 2 BOVs (one in each location).
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by abmerop18

i had the same question.....
edit:nvm dezod answered it
Old 11-11-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dezod
You can use your BOV in either location. Closest to the I/C or to the TB. Some people even use 2 BOVs (one in each location).

Not to sidetrack the thread...

btw Nice *** car mex.. looking CLEAN, and good! Hope it runs b-e-a-utiful!

back to the question for dezod..

Why would you run 2 bovs? Does it make something more efficient or what?
Old 11-12-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RiceRocketeer
Not to sidetrack the thread...

btw Nice *** car mex.. looking CLEAN, and good! Hope it runs b-e-a-utiful!

back to the question for dezod..

Why would you run 2 bovs? Does it make something more efficient or what?
Some heavy duty race applications use a BOV near or on the I/C for an "anti-lag" set-up. Kinda lengthy and hard to explain. There is info out there on it.