Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

SF Intercooler Piping ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahtasham is an unknown quantity at this point
SF Intercooler Piping ???

I got a total of eight pipes. Two of them are 2.5", one is just 2" and the rest are 2.25" (if I am not wrong). Whats the deal with the difference in sizes?

I am thinking of getting a custom designed front bumper according to the size of the SF intercooler before installing the whole kit. For now I just need to know which pipes connect directly to the intercooler so that I can put them in place and start working on the bumper.

Can anyone who recently installed their SF kit help me out here, thankx!

Last edited by Ahtasham; 09-22-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-22-2004
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=154968

SF Turbo installion
Old 09-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
the 2.5" pipes are your air intake pipes ......one end gets the air filter and the other goes to the air intake on the compressor housing of the turbo.

The pipe that is 2.25" on one end and 2.0" on the other end comes off your compressor housing and goes to the intercooler.

here is a pic of my engine bay......this will give you somewhat of a idea

Last edited by civic01vtec; 09-22-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by STL01Civic
Thanks for the help but the DIY isnt much help on the directions of the piping.
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
the 2.5" pipes are your air intake pipes ......one end gets the air filter and the other goes to the air intake on the compressor housing of the turbo.

The pipe that is 2.25" on one end and 2.0" on the other end comes off your compressor housing and goes to the intercooler.

here is a pic of my engine bay......this will give you somewhat of a idea

Now thats what you call real help, thanks buddy

A few more questions/clarifications though:

The two 2.5" pipes connect together and make one single pipe that at one end connects to the turbo intake and the other end to the air filter, right? And the air filter would be pointing to the ground (like a CAI)?

The pipe that connects to the throttle body is the one that has the BOV and the alcohol setup? But the bottom end of this pipe is not a perfect round, instead its more like an oval. Is that the way its suppose to be?

And lastly, the air filter that I got with the kit has a top made of some kinda metal netting, unlike the K&N's type that are sealed off at the top. I was wondering wouldnt it suck a lot of dust that way? The netting would hardly filter the fine dust in the air. What do you think?
Old 09-23-2004
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ahtasham
But the bottom end of this pipe is not a perfect round, instead its more like an oval. Is that the way its suppose to be?
Mine is like that too, so I hope it's correct.
Old 09-23-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Now thats what you call real help, thanks buddy

A few more questions/clarifications though:

The two 2.5" pipes connect together and make one single pipe that at one end connects to the turbo intake and the other end to the air filter, right? And the air filter would be pointing to the ground (like a CAI)?
Right, u can see that in the pic i posted. Except the air filter is in the back towards the firewall.

The pipe that connects to the throttle body is the one that has the BOV and the alcohol setup? But the bottom end of this pipe is not a perfect round, instead its more like an oval. Is that the way its suppose to be?
yup, it is oval

And lastly, the air filter that I got with the kit has a top made of some kinda metal netting, unlike the K&N's type that are sealed off at the top. I was wondering wouldnt it suck a lot of dust that way? The netting would hardly filter the fine dust in the air. What do you think?
again, u are correct, i am gonna eventually get a better air filter.