Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Supercharger Fittings

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Supercharger Fittings

i was just looking at my friends engine who drives a 2000 civic coupe who has a supercharger on there... then i was looking at it side by side with my car and started thinking.. the engines are nearly identical cosmetic wise just by looking at it.. i was also looking at how the supercharger will fit in almost the same place as where his was.... then i said to myself.. what if we took the same supercharger and was to install it on our 7th gens.. did some measurements and it looks like all i gotta do is get my local machining shop to make some mounts to place it properly and make a new piping which goes into the TB.. everything else looks like plug and play... with the exception of different mounting points but it looks like the shop can just make those... whatcha think... time to go down to the shop and do some experimenting
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
if you can find the space in the engine bay it should not be a problem anthing is possible but space will be your biggest enemy.Take some measurements. And you will need a fuel system.
Old 08-12-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
man this is the coolest project!... I would trade my turbo for a supercharger anyday!!!

keep us updated man! and post pics... you gonna be the first supercharged 7thgen with D17 engine!
Old 08-12-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Aren't the intake and exhaust ports spaced differently?
I think I remember thats the whole reason why we can't use D16 IMs and Headers...
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
ummmm...................no

think again
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pnoyster2k1cvic
man this is the coolest project!... I would trade my turbo for a supercharger anyday!!!

Old 08-12-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
one word.. NO..

now you can do a custom vortech set up.. but thats kinda pricey
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Civryder02 is an unknown quantity at this point
why are people sooo determined to make our cars supercharged ?? turbo is better
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

glovas is an unknown quantity at this point
Im thinking of doing a supercharger, and want to know is easier than a turbo, and lighter. But Im sure you can get more power out of a turbo, ( right ).
Plus how does a turbo work, I know has somthing to with exhust.
Old 08-12-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^...... *internet bitch slaps you*
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by glovas
Im thinking of doing a supercharger, and want to know is easier than a turbo, and lighter. But Im sure you can get more power out of a turbo, ( right ).
i'm sorry but i thought that was a funny question.
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

with a supercharger you dont have boost lag .. you'll take off the line from a stop really quick but top end its shitty ... thats why turbo's own the highways as far as racing. turbo's work off exhaust gaes thats why we have to get turbo manifolds with flanges welded onto them. there's a magic thing called the SEARCH button !! please do use it
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

and also they're many many topics about how NOBODY is going to make a supercharger for our year civ's. its been convered tooo many times
Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Sorry
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member

Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2004
Premium Member

Thanks for the help.

just busting ur ***** bro

where is richlandtown at ?
Old 08-13-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Supercharged cars can still have top end. It depends on your pulley size, the blower size, and your cam. Turbocharges are simply more efficient, though they produce more heat.

Turbo chargers are powered by exhaust fumes (already left the engine!) and recycles that energy into a compressor wheel which forces more air into the intake pipe. A supercharger is belt driven, although easier to install, it's limited for upgrades and takes power (from crank) to make power.

Superchargers are good for some applications. But I feel that with proper tuning and parts, turbos will always prevail.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Sorry for the stupid ? dont know jack **** about turbos, and Richlandtown is outside of Quakertown PA 50 miles northwest of Philly.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Berwick ive hear of that where is it?
Old 08-13-2004
Premium Member

Berwick ive hear of that where is it?

up near wilkes-barre/scranton

I am prolly 1 hr from u
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Prod
It will never work. I looked it up one day with another member (though he was looking to change intake mani's, I looked for the spacings for a S/C)

The D16 I/M are spaced shorter. A S/C will NOT bolt up that was designed for a d16.

Not necessarily - with a proper "adaptor plate," it would work. However this would require money and extra space (which we all know is precious in our freakin' civics nowadays!).
Old 08-13-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
well.. for one it wont bolt up directly.. that why i was saying gonna have a machine shop make custom mounts that bolt up to the engine then matches up with the d16 supercharger... as for the piping, like i was saying the TB are different cause it comes in from the top not the side.. so gonna have him redo the intake pipe as well.. but as for everything else it looks like its gonna fit.. hmm if all goes well when we start making these custom parts and they all fit and everything...the shop said they can mass produce these if i never needed them.. maybe we could make a kit and sell them off as a "d17 supercharger conversion kit"... haha... just a thought that the shop guy put in my head yesterday
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xproductionz
well.. for one it wont bolt up directly.. that why i was saying gonna have a machine shop make custom mounts that bolt up to the engine then matches up with the d16 supercharger... as for the piping, like i was saying the TB are different cause it comes in from the top not the side.. so gonna have him redo the intake pipe as well.. but as for everything else it looks like its gonna fit.. hmm if all goes well when we start making these custom parts and they all fit and everything...the shop said they can mass produce these if i never needed them.. maybe we could make a kit and sell them off as a "d17 supercharger conversion kit"... haha... just a thought that the shop guy put in my head yesterday
Good luck, let us know how it turns out (and post lots of pictures too)!
Old 08-13-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by opto_isolator
Not necessarily - with a proper "adaptor plate," it would work. However this would require money and extra space (which we all know is precious in our freakin' civics nowadays!).
Thats what I was thinking. maybe welding on another flange or something. But there is no getting around space. Turbo would be better either way.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by djmota
Turbo would be better either way.

AMEN TO THAT !
Old 08-13-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Civryder02
why are people sooo determined to make our cars supercharged ?? turbo is better
because everybody has turbo... well atleast some of us... but to do something impossible for the car that is not capable of anything is way better than a car that is already fast out of the box....

PUT IT THIS WAY:
TURBO D17=BLOW JOB FROM A FAT UGLY B!TCH
SUPERCHARGED D17=BLOW+HAND+BOOBY JOB FROM A HOT MILF

so have you seen a supercharged 7thgen D17 engine? NO!... individuality, and I wanted to be the first one to have a D17 supercharged engine but then again... it's just me...

Last edited by pnoyster2k1cvic; 08-13-2004 at 03:09 PM.