Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

DH Racing - Problems Report - UPDATE 8/20, EMAIL ME

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GuessWho is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man I totally understand. We the company are totally at fault and I have come to learn a lot. I am young, but I am doing the best I can to wisely optimize this companies performance. I will bring the light back into this. Well Dave and I will be having a long talk. I believe Guns internals were the one's that cam in and we dropped off to be hung at the machine shop. They are a near $2000 set of forged rods and pistons all custom spec. I know you guys paid and are waiting for the motor and I am dying to get these out because I know you will be happy. Blocks are going to be all glass beaded, and beautiful and everything will be perfect. This is going to be an amazing experience when it's all over with. I hope I can look back and see some good following through all of this. You're going to get paid very soon. I am still trying to get ahold of Guns to find out if his manifold came through I have confirmation it did but I need to hear it from him.

The company is Incorporated out of DE. I don't give out the shop's physical address, we house our $30k race car, and probably $100k in parts there, including your motor, and others, and with past break ins we only give out the house address which is why everyone thinks we work out of it. We have very few things we do out of it like me being on the computer, shipping, stuff like that. All the porting, building, and stuff goes on in the shop at the new property we bought when we moved out here. For security reasons I never let anyone know where it is being it protects you the customer and us the builder.

I haven't gotten ahold of FutureRSX he used to be on me all the time about his head, but then he just faded out. I dont know what is up, but I am trying to send this CNC ported head we did for him out.
Old 08-27-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
If it is in DE then the name must not be DH Racing or Dave Hickman Racing. I checked up on it. Also you or Dave are not listed as owning any property in Nevada. I am still planning a trip to Vegas either way. So maybe when I come down I can take some pictures just to set peoples minds at ease that this is not a fly by night operation.
Old 08-27-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well at least they are making an effort to fix the problems here, which I can't say for a certain other vendor. DH you can rebuild your reputation as long as you're willing to work with customers and not take in more orders than you can handle. Looks like you're already trying to do this, and that's a step in the right direction. I've seen some of the stuff your company can do, and it's good. It just has to be like that for everybody. As I said before, the port work is good overall and feels like it helped even on my slow civic. I'd appreciate it if you can find a buyer for the pulley.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-27-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
i was told they work from there house...by a reliable source
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Well Josh your reliable source is wrong. The property listed would not be under either mine nor Dave's name. We have had issues with an ex girl of Dave's where we must cover our tracks more than we would like to. Guns you are more then welcome to stay at my house if you want, and I will show you everything you would like to see. You have been a very loyal and patient customer and are entitled to a little more than the average person.

We are making an honest effort to make things better. We have two new employees working with us, and if you know a housing administration in Las Vegas you know they don't tolerate having workers and all run in and out of a house, which is just more proof on how we work. We do everything hush hush now, and which I dont like to disclose who the properties name is under, ect....it's in the family all I need to say. I do a lot of things with my father, and him having worked in the pentagon and Department of Defense for the last 25 years has shown me a better way to do things.

I am Dave are both willing to do whatever it takes to make things right. I don't want to feel like we are hiding or anything along those lines. We are a company and we are doing what is needed to make ammends with those who feel as if we have stepped on their toes. Plain and simple, I ask this whole forums forgiveness in all of this not as in "Please pretty please work with us" but more along the lines as I accept responsibility for the things that happened, and apologize for the drama we have caused. I know we do a lot for the 7th Gen community being we have designed many things but never thought it was worth it anymore to release them. We are kicking out heads like crazy, and building these motors faster than we ever have. With the new hired help it gives me time to brainstorm on the flaws in our company and make them right, and for Dave to focus on things I can't do like build motors, and finalize the heads/manifolds.
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Ok everyone here is the new post I created. This is the link below. I want anyone who has an issue to go to it and post after readin the instructions. I want this entire forum happy again. I realize some might not care enough to give us that chance, but it's worth a shot. Please notify as many people so they can find this issue, and we can get this all resolved. Thanks again everyone!!!

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...09#post2271109
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Here is a recent dyno on 6 psi. Good HP and TQ, if you all want to get the heads worked up as an offer like Melissa and others let me know. We can work something out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Befor Dyno.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	36863   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Dyno.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	36864  
Old 08-27-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Check reply on the other thread. MOds please lock this one for now.

Last edited by guns; 08-27-2004 at 04:18 AM.