Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

got my turbo.. but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bakablo is an unknown quantity at this point
got my turbo.. but...

I got my urbo complete etc...
I have 330cc injectors from a rsx type S.. I think.. not sure...
anyways.. im running 6.5 pounds of boost... the mechanic said i can push it until i fix my vafc.. which I cant go past 4000 rpm with it.. no diea why.. he says I need to do a safc hack... anyways.. is my car in danegr.. i have no fuel system whatsoever except for the 340 cc injectors.. am I fine?
Old 07-20-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^ummm id have to go with no. Turn you're boost down to like 2psi to be safe untill you can get some fuel management. Bigger injectors wont do too much, because you're pump will still send the same amount of fuel as stock. Since we have a returnless system the pump only sends the fuel needed to run, and not extra that can come back to the tank when not used.
Most of this is speculation from what ive read on the boards, but bottom line is dont boost without proper fuel management.
Old 07-20-2004
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
it prolly wont go over 4g bc its seeing boost, get a missing link. then get a better fuel management than the vafc
Old 07-20-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
now that everyone is getting the hang of the emanage. it seems to be the way to go. It's about the same price as the SAFC and it has alot more options and it's alot more precise
Old 07-20-2004
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same set up and you can push it
but go easy from time to time
your ECU will ocmpentsate for the fuel from running lean
(this is my personal experience andi dont know your setup but with the little boost we are running the MAP shouldn't see the boost and your wastedgate..if internal.., should kick in by then. I haen't had any problems so far and running untuned until i can finish at least the downpipe and then the exhaust)
Old 07-20-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speedracer32
i have the same set up and you can push it
but go easy from time to time
your ECU will ocmpentsate for the fuel from running lean
(this is my personal experience andi dont know your setup but with the little boost we are running the MAP shouldn't see the boost and your wastedgate..if internal.., should kick in by then. I haen't had any problems so far and running untuned until i can finish at least the downpipe and then the exhaust)
This is true to some extent, but i think most people will still recommend some sort of enrichment system other then the stock system. For the most part the stock ECU wont react fast enough and for the ammount its needed to enrich the system under boost
Old 07-20-2004
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
correcto!!
i never go full throttle. I ease into boost and when the turbo is fully spooled the car just pull it's self. The majority of the time im only half throttle and i still pull when messing around with people.
The AFC will do it but it hasn't been tuned. I went today but they said i should redo/ complete the downpipe so the readings when tuning would be more accurate instead of spending the money to tuned now and end up having to come back like week or two later to get it redone.