Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bac7213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!!!!!!

hey guys i need you peoples help, well i have the SF turbo kit with the alchy injection n equal lenght manifold, thats about the only upgrades. well like 2 weeks ago i started to hear liek this rattling noise from the engine, well i ignored it and now its just got worst, well its hard to explain it sounds like a can rattling, you can only hear it when its around 3000 or 4000 rpm and when its higher RPM the noise goes away or i cant hear it, but when i let go of the gas it makes the noise again, well i dont know what it is, it sounds liek a vavle or something, i dont know if one is bent or whatever, but im scared n **** cuz i dont knwo what it could be, also when the car is on idle its perfectly fine, u dont hear any thing, and i dotn know if its all in my head but i feel some power lose. well people help me out let me know what it might or can be or any suggestions what could be the problem will be greatly appriciated. thanxs
Old 04-27-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
when I had a rattling noise in my engine bay it was a freakin loose bolt that connected my header to my exhaust pipe...the little springs weren't tight enough.

Other then a loose bolt I dunno, I wouldn't just to any conclusions as to a valve being bent...just check everything you touched.
Old 04-27-2004
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
From what i've read and understand.....can rattling kinds of noises usually indicate detonation. If you haven't pegged the rev limiter or managed to overrev then you might have bent valves...but usually you get stalling or stuttering with this. My guess is...you're pinging (detonating) get ur car to a shop.
Old 04-27-2004
Premium Member

2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about
pull ur plugs and look for lil spots on them, thats a good sign of detonation. if you rev it @ a stop can u hear it if so pop the hood and have someone rev it to hear where its comin from.
Old 04-27-2004
Registered!!

fuchs is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help!!!!!!

Originally posted by bac7213
hey guys i need you peoples help, well i have the SF turbo kit with the alchy injection n equal lenght manifold, thats about the only upgrades. well like 2 weeks ago i started to hear liek this rattling noise from the engine, well i ignored it and now its just got worst, well its hard to explain it sounds like a can rattling, you can only hear it when its around 3000 or 4000 rpm and when its higher RPM the noise goes away or i cant hear it, but when i let go of the gas it makes the noise again, well i dont know what it is, it sounds liek a vavle or something, i dont know if one is bent or whatever, but im scared n **** cuz i dont knwo what it could be, also when the car is on idle its perfectly fine, u dont hear any thing, and i dotn know if its all in my head but i feel some power lose. well people help me out let me know what it might or can be or any suggestions what could be the problem will be greatly appriciated. thanxs
How much boost are you running? I used to have a ticking or a rattling noise, but only when running above 6 lbs w/o alcohol. I have since replaced my IK20's with some new IK20's, which were damaged from the detonation, and also alcohol injection. It runs nice and smooth now. If you're not running alot of boost, and the car seems fine above and below 3-4K I doubt it's a valve.
Old 04-28-2004
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
does the noise go away after u drive ur car around let say for 10min??? or the noise doesn't go away?????