Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Post Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!

Ok folks, heres the deal! Some of you may be aware of the fact that I have been researching which injectors are a direct replacement for ours. Well, in the other thread it is seen that the K20 and K24 injectors will fit the D17 with little to no modification.

According to RC engineering, the lowest flow rate RSX injector they had was around 300cc's. The highest was around 330cc's. The flow rates will vary of course per injector.

Well, no one has taken it upon themselves yet to flow test the injectors from the K24, which may be a better alternative since they may be larger than the K20's. But the problem comes up - these things aren't cheap.

I am asking if anyone would be interested in donating to the cause. I found 1 place that has CRV injectors (from a K24) for $50 a piece. I only need 1. RC Engineering has said that they will charge me $10 to flow rate test an injector.

So fellow 7thgenner's, what do you say to a little donation to help offset the cost for everyone's benefit?
Old 04-20-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Let's get enough people together to make this a reality. I suggested this in your other thread so you know I'm down Travis. Come on guys this is definitely a worthwhile cause.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, it would be great if we could get like 10 people to contribute $5....that would work out nice.....
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
I would do it, but first I want to know if they would fit every model ex/dx/lx
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member

2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about2k2redcivic has a spectacular aura about
its the same fuel rail so it will fit all and id def b down, im makin more boost than i have fuel. hmmm
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

So far,

1. Dober
2. 2k2red

That's already $10, plus whatever else I throw in.....

They should fit the injector boss and fuel rail without issue. I plan on testing this as well. I just want to reiterate - that I will only be buying 1 injector at first (with all of your help). If it has a high enough flow rate, I'll buy the rest...
Old 04-20-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
so the k24 injectors fit our cars perfectly fine?? what about the fuel rail, do you use theirs or keep the stock one? best bet would be to go to a junkyard for these, correct?
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by abmerop18
so the k24 injectors fit our cars perfectly fine?? what about the fuel rail, do you use theirs or keep the stock one? best bet would be to go to a junkyard for these, correct?
Looking at the diagrams it appears they will fit. This is why I am asking for help in testing the flow rate of the K24 injectors - I've already been burnt by buying Venom injectors that don't fit (about $250 - and I can't seem to sell them!). Which is why I'm asking for people here to help the cause by donating $5 for me to get one and test it....
Old 04-20-2004

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
has anyone confirmed if they will fit or not cause im talkin to a guy who wants to sell me his type-s injectors for $60
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

has anyone confirmed if they will fit or not cause im talkin to a guy who wants to sell me his type-s injectors for $60
That's not a bad price - I'd probably pick them up for that price. Only thing is, according to RC 300cc injectors are only good for around 200 HP or so, at 80% duty cycle.

Additonally, they cannot rebuild the K20, or K24 injectors because the housing is plastic (same as the civic's). The only other solution would be to step up to the RC 370's or 440's, which are pricey, and have to have the injector clips spliced....
Old 04-20-2004

so can you confirm if they will defeniatly fit or now?
Old 04-20-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
I'm up just tell me how to pay my 5 dollars.

This is why you are one of my 7th gen heros Opto..
*note read sig for more info*

imp:
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by RiceRocketeer
I'm up just tell me how to pay my 5 dollars.

This is why you are one of my 7th gen heros Opto..
*note read sig for more info*

imp:
Haha - thanks man! I won't post any other details about payment until I confirm tomorrow that I can get 1 injector from these guys.....if so I'll post my paypal address.

Thanks bro!

The list thus far:

1. Dober
2. Project2k2
3. Ricerocketeer

Abmerop18 - I am making an educated guess by looking at the photos that they will fit in the boss and the fuel rail. As far as the length goes, I'm not sure, which is why I plan on testing them. For $60 that your friend is offering for them is not a bad deal. If you don't feel like buying them, let me know and I will.....either way I want to test them or the K24's.....
Old 04-20-2004

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Wow Opto, you are on top of this site, I'm at my university trying to write a paper, so my first thing is to do is get on 7th gen. It's like you are instant messaging me, on a forum board, that's how damn quick you respond ! You must reallllly want those injectors :-D

Anywho If anyone of you want to talk, I'm starting a 7thgen portion of my buddy list.. Add me if you like. (I love to talk about cars, and taking long walks on the beach and warm cookies )

AIM Screen name: MightyMouse585
Old 04-20-2004

can i be one of your heros haha i got a body kit and am going turbo
Old 04-20-2004
Your Parts Guy

can i be one of your heros haha i got a body kit and am going turbo
Maybe if you donate to the cause he can hook ya up.....lmao
Old 04-20-2004

ill donate to the cause by buying the rsx injectors and installing them in my car....... BURN!
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
im in for 5 bucks...waiting for my kit so it will help in the future.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

ill donate to the cause by buying the rsx injectors and installing them in my car....... BURN!
That's fine - only thing is they are not going to work unless you have a VAFC, SAFC, or Emange......Good luck!
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by slowciv
im in for 5 bucks...waiting for my kit so it will help in the future.
Cool....

1. Dober
2. Project2k2
3. Ricerocketeer
4. Slowciv

Thaks!
Old 04-21-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally posted by opto_isolator
That's fine - only thing is they are not going to work unless you have a VAFC, SAFC, or Emange......Good luck!
Werd...you gotta be able to pull back or you'll run rich.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Good news guys - I just ordered 1 today from them. They said they had 4 total, so if it goes well I'll pick up the rest. He's charging me $50 + shipping (probably like $5). So.....If you guys who "signed up" are still interested in helping offset the costs - PM me and I'll give you my paypal address!
Old 04-21-2004

Originally posted by opto_isolator
well, i guess im not gonne be of much help then, cause i plan on puttin the turbo together at the end of the summer, so i wont have any of my electronics installed to be able to test the injectors any time soon

maybe i can start a think like you are doing and get people to pay for my turbo kit that way i can test out the injectors for you guys. let me know if you are interested in contributing towards my kit
Old 04-21-2004

^^^ ROFL.. just for that you are getting added to my heros.. Anyone wanna donate to me
Old 04-21-2004

Ok, dober you are recieving a PM, once I figure out how to PM people..

Edit: Pressing the button that says PM on it would help

Last edited by RiceRocketeer; 04-21-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Alright I cleaned this thread up and contacted the appropriate people....

There is an off topic forum for a reason people, SO USE IT....
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Well guys - I have only received a donation from Project2k2.....what happened to all of the other people out there who volunteered to help?
Old 04-22-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
PM me your paypal and I'll donate $5.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Thanks Jodster....
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Well I hope all goes well, I will defintaely need tp up grade before I go dyno tune it with the safc.

Quick Reply: Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!