Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Is this the SF turbo kit?? not sure if its a repost...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dirk21 is an unknown quantity at this point
well everybody's entitled to their own opinion.
Old 12-04-2003
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i want to see ur current dyno of 185 at 5 pounds
Old 12-04-2003
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Boiler_Room
I'd go with the SF kit any day.
we are all entitled to our opinions as stated above but the majority of people on this site do this way to much

STAFFORD FABRICATIONS
Old 12-04-2003
Registered!!

well i have finals next week but hopefully this weekend i will have time because i have to go back to HPperformance(the place that made the kit) to get the sheet cause i lost mine. but if not this weekend then i will have it posted the weekend after.
Old 12-04-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
See - that's what pisses me off, when I see blind loyalty to companies (such as SF power and DH racing)......Christ, when someone like Dirk comes on here and sees that, you think he's going to want to post his **** if everyone here says it sucks? I sure wouldn't.....

Sure, the above afformentioned companies have put out great products for other cars (and is SF's case ours), but for god's sake, let the man prove that his setup is bad@ss.
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I agree, id get anthing i can afford...boost wise...
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

well i just posted some pics of my car and dyno sheet so check them out tell me what you think and if that's not what you wanted then let me know and i'll try to fix it.
Old 12-07-2003
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
where is catalyst when u need him? not that im doubting "dirk" but i would really like to hear catalysts opinion on this kit, and i think others would too
Old 12-07-2003
Proud Srt4 owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BoostedCivicZex can only hope to improve
haha im the only person that knows catalyst and sfpower's opinion, they were talking about it when i was visiting them at their shop.

but all i gotta say is dirks kit is bs, its got no fuel system
Old 12-07-2003
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
he already gave his thoughts in another thread about this kit.

Search through the F/I forum....i would, but i don't have the ambition to.....lol
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by BoostedCivicZex
haha im the only person that knows catalyst and sfpower's opinion, they were talking about it when i was visiting them at their shop.

but all i gotta say is dirks kit is bs, its got no fuel system

That may be the case, but I spoke with the guys at turbochargedpower.com and they said that they are negotiating with hondata to devleop a chip for their kit - so that they don't need to rely on the alcohol as much.......THAN whose kit would be the shiznet for the week?
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

i don't understand you guys first you doubt that my car puts out 185 whp @ 5 psi, because i don't have a dyno sheet posted. now that i post it you still diss on it. i don't know what you guys are thinking, but if i'm going to spend 3,000 dollars on a turbo then i'm going to get the one that puts out the most HP, wouldn't you? cause i'm pretty sure that the sf kit only puts out (162 whp @ 5 psi and mine 185 whp @ 5 psi). i don't know it just amazes me. that's all i should have to say().
Old 12-09-2003
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Are we all forgetting that catalyst's kit is on the LX motor? Does the fact that this new kid's is on an EX have anyhting to do with the power it might be making? The only reason i am skeptical is because, technically depending on motor and everything, once you hit the pressure at 14 psi which is the same as atmospheric you should supposidly have double your car's hp.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

KingTorq is an unknown quantity at this point
nice kit/dyno
im sure the lx vs. ex makes a diff., as does the fact that your prolly on more timing using ethenol vs. no alc. just stock fuel system with more pressure on the sf kit (at that boost level)... So maybe i can see the extra power from that. Also, if the turbo itslef is more efficient (all boost is not the same). All in all, your kit may make more power for the price, as similar boost range, if you want to run meth vs. using the stock fuel system, or pay the $100 for the alc. system from SF.

I can imagine more lag is all, with all that header/exh. manifold your running- otherwise, looking fine 2 me.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

yeah but the way i see it is that since it's for the lx that doesn't necessarily mean that it will have a gain of 22 hp on the ex.
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

i know that nobody has posted here recently but i figured i would say something here rather than start a new one. all i want to say is that i don't understand most of you people on this site. i mean you all doubted my kit, and i'm proud to say yeah i proved you all wrong. i never came on here saying yeah my kit is the best and i never put down the sf kit(i actually came here and you guys were drooling). but everybody here, right when they heard that a kit put out more hp than the sf then all the sudden they had to start ******* me and my car. and you know it didn't even bother me that people doubt me. but when i give proof and people like civic01vtec are still talking crap in other posts all i can say is dude the dynos posted and to me it looks like i'm at about 185whp @ 5psi..................
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

RoBBUsaF is an unknown quantity at this point
ignore the haters bro. props to you. happy it worked out for ya!
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats it, I want a mustang. Our cars look so terrible compared to those 5.0s. I'd like to have a 4.6 GT 2003. I bet I could trade in!

Originally posted by showoner
its great to see other kits being made for our poor tired *** 1.7 and making amazing power out of them .i know ill be keepin a close eye on these kits...............good things come to those who wait.........fire it up!
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
It is often refered to as "the bandwagon argument" or appeal to wide spread belief, which is a fallacy. Most of the people who speak about how great SF is don't actually even own the kit. (I'd better put this in here, just because I know how people post on here. I know some of you who do have it have dynos to prove it. However many people just talk out of their ***)

They just base their opinions off of others results. Since many people on here are first time turbo users, they really aren't in a position to judge turbo kits to begin with. This guy didn't come on here and start talking ****. He merly presented numbers, said "hey this kit seems good give it a shot". Yet certain individuals make assumptions that his product is flawed because it is inconcievable that someone could make a better product than the one they put their money in to. As if some how their failure to choose the best turbo kit makes them less intelligent, being exposed as less intelligent than others must be avoided at all costs. As it will destroy any authoritative image in future social interactions. I am not saying that his kit is superior in any way, nor do I claim support for SF. I do believe we should give everything a chance to be explored fully before disregarding it with the common phrase "Just go with SF".

- Diemos

Originally posted by opto_isolator
See - that's what pisses me off, when I see blind loyalty to companies (such as SF power and DH racing)......Christ, when someone like Dirk comes on here and sees that, you think he's going to want to post his **** if everyone here says it sucks? I sure wouldn't.....

Sure, the above afformentioned companies have put out great products for other cars (and is SF's case ours), but for god's sake, let the man prove that his setup is bad@ss.
Old 12-16-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^^agreed
nice numbers!
So are they going to get a chip from hondata? You would prolly be the one to know since uve talked with the company. That would be pretty sick. Looks like the kit was made well. I mean the manifold looks clean and all...i dont know much about turbo, only what ive read on here, but it looks nice. How big is the intercooler?
Old 12-16-2003
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
this is why no other company has tried a turbo again, liek TUrbo Discounters and MAxREV, the may have had some errors at the begining but everyone has, so has SF, but since some people just like to talk **** about other products that they have no clue of........
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
So did you finally bring it up to 10 psi cuz if youre claiming 260@10psi damn I want a kit thats 15hp/1psi of boost :O. Setup looks good, how long is your warranty?
Old 12-16-2003
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i'm not saying that this is a bad kit, but 3 companies (maxrev, TD, and SF) have made kits for our cars plus others have custom pieced turbo kits and nobody has come close to the #'s that this company has achieved. I wanna see the dyno sheet at 10psi. Also, i dont' like the idea of no fuel system b/c u have to inject enormous amounts of alcohol into the motor.....we'll see how long ur pistons and rings last. Plus i am biased to the SF kit.
Old 12-16-2003
Premium Member

also, i just find it inconcievible that a turbo'ed SOHC motor that is stock can put up these types of #'s. There are boosted GSR motors with mods that aren't coming close to these #'s. Also, this is a little OT, but the SRT4 with 15 lbs of boost doesn't reach these #'s either.
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

ok no i have not had achance to up the boost to 10 psi. i was never the one that said that it would put out 260 at the wheels, that is what the company that made the kit had figured and i just posted it. i don't know a whole lot about the alcohol system but i've had the kit for about 8,000 miles now and i haven't run into any problems. now that i am out of college for about a month now i'm supposed to go up to the dyno with them so that we can change the boost. but i don't know when i'll have time or when they will have time. and about hondata making a chip i was eating dinner the other night at farley's and jimmy(one of the owners) was in there and all he told me was that he talked to them(hondata) a few days before and that he wanted me to stop by the shop so he could let me know what was going on. but with work and all i haven't had the time. but trust me when i do change my boost and have more info on these things i will let all of you know.
Old 12-16-2003
Premium Member

sweet !!!
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

DIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Was the torque ever mentioned in this thread? If not then I would like to know how much torque it made. Also dirk21, do you think it is possible to post up a dyno sheet with rpm shown?

civic01vtec: This guy made 250whp 251wtq@10psi on a d16 with a greddy turbo kit. So it is possible to make that kind of power on a d series engine although his was tuned with hondata which probably made a difference. But another guy with basically the same turbo setup only made 217whp@10psi. There are alot of variables that can determine why dirk21 car made that much power. Amount of alochol injected, route of the piping, intercooler efficiency, turbo size, vtec engine, type of dyno/calibration, which gear car was dynoed in...Who knows.

Old 12-17-2003
Premium Member

yeah, i know, but i am just skeptical cuz 3 manufacturing companies plus members with custom built kits aren't making those type of #'s at 10 psi. I am just waiting for the dyno results on this.

IMO, vtec means dick on a SOHC, unless u have a dyno tuned VAFC II.
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

as soon as i get it dynoed agian i will try and get the sheet with rpms and see how much wtq it makes.
Old 12-26-2003
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
just putting in a place marker so I can read this post easier without the need to search. It is great to see another company rising up for our cars and I hope to see good things coming from this new company. Also since this company seems to have worked with large displacement engines in the past the way they develop their systems may stem from this so this may have a place in the hp difference.

Quick Reply: Is this the SF turbo kit?? not sure if its a repost...