Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Results of a K24 with some bolt-ons.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003
Post Whore General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Results of a K24 with some bolt-ons.

Well I have been seeing alot of people talk about swapping the K24. There is a guy on ephatch.com that swapped the K24 motor into his wife's EP3. He just swapped the motor. He used the K20A3(SI) tranny and ECU with the motor. He is using the stock K24 head instead on the K20A3 head because the A3 head has smaller intake and exhaust port. Which would make him loose power. He is also using the stock K24 cams. The A3 cams would give him more power due to the K24 cams falling off at high revs on dynos. But he sent out the A3 cams to be regrinded so he could see more gains. The K24 motor made 137whp and 134 wtq stock. With I/H/B-pipe/E he was able to make 167.8whp and 145.2wtq. Heres the link.

On page three he said the car is make 170whp and 150wtq right now. And with a 65 shot it makes 225whp and 246wtq. Over all I'm impressed. With A3 cams he should easily make about 180whp. The best part is the K24 motor is cheap. He got one for $1350shipped. Of course he had the A3 tranny and ECU, but I know you could get all of that cheap somewhere. Just thought I would show some of you guys what the K24 motor can make power wise. With the K20A2 head on it, you should be able to make tons of power and torque.
Old 10-19-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Oh I almost forgot to add. Hasport is suppose to be working on the K24 motor mounts to be able to do this swap.
Old 10-19-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Check out what they get with a jrsc in an si. This swap is kind of old news. A friend of mine has an older si that he has been planning on doing this swap in.
Hasport/JRSC has done it here .
Although those type-R badges are total rice....morons
Old 10-19-2003
Post Whore General

"1/4-mile: 14.5 sec @ 104 mph"

WOW. Talk about no traction at all. They should be running low 13s with that kind of trap speed.
Old 10-19-2003
Registered!!

briang is an unknown quantity at this point
And why are they rice?

brian g
Old 10-19-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by briang
And why are they rice?

brian g
It's an si with a k24 usdm block and k20a2 head. What's type-R about it? Oh, that's right, nothing.

That would be like me putting a turbo sticker on my car with a blow off sound but no turbo. RICE!
Old 10-19-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
that guy that did the si swap did it on a crv motor, i wanna see that done with a tsx motor
Old 10-19-2003
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
The limited-slip differential is from the Civic Type-R.
Old 10-19-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
better yet, i wanna see a tsx motor swaped into a crv... imagine, AWD tsx engine!!!!!
Old 10-19-2003
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
I want and an awd Civic maybe someday lol
Old 10-19-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by MadWheel
The limited-slip differential is from the Civic Type-R.
Wow, that really makes it a true type-R now, lol. lease:
Old 10-19-2003
Registered!!

DarrenA is an unknown quantity at this point
The Hasport/Jackson Racing Si is an awesome car. There is JDM Integra Type-R cams and a Civic Type-R six-speed tranny w/ LSD. Thats plenty Type-R for me and at 293hp I think they have plenty of motor to back up the badges.
Old 10-19-2003
Registered!!

02awdvicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Jswhaler, why not make an awd vic. alot of fabrication needed maybe, but the crv has the same exact wheelbase as our vics, the width is only 3-4 inches wider, and the crv is only 4 inches longer. Most of that can be fabricated with little relative work. We had a wind storm this summer and by chance a 03' crv awd was smashed by a tree, totaled out, but only the upper half was smashed. I bought it for $6,000! next spring I'll start the conversion, by 05' hopefully it'll be supercharged with a new head, and I/h/e.
Old 10-19-2003
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DarrenA
The Hasport/Jackson Racing Si is an awesome car. There is JDM Integra Type-R cams and a Civic Type-R six-speed tranny w/ LSD. Thats plenty Type-R for me and at 293hp I think they have plenty of motor to back up the badges.
This is in the Honda Tuning Magazine, the rsx is real tight too with 263whp NA
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
I wonder what a K24 (with some DH port work) and some boost (via SF System) would do?

Maybe i should look into this further
Old 10-20-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by DarrenA
It's still a usdm engine. I give up. The only true type-R 7th gen I've seen is the Hondawerx swap car, period. But I guess it would be ok if I put in a type-R shift **** and badged my car with type-R stickers. I would still smoke that car running 7 psi.
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally posted by andyman97
Andymans ego..................." If its not a Turbo d17, its a peice of ****!"
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
It's still a usdm engine. I give up. The only true type-R 7th gen I've seen is the Hondawerx swap car, period. But I guess it would be ok if I put in a type-R shift **** and badged my car with type-R stickers. I would still smoke that car running 7 psi.

Andyman Who Gives a FVck!!! Your not driving that car, so why are you so offended? Is it because he doesnt have a SF kit?

I dont even think you would come close to that car even at 11 psi. I know your really proud of your d17, put another 8000$ into it and you should be close.
Old 10-20-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by DIZZLE
Andyman Who Gives a FVck!!! Your not driving that car, so why are you so offended? Is it because he doesnt have a SF kit?

I dont even think you would come close to that car even at 11 psi. I know your really proud of your d17, put another 8000$ into it and you should be close.
You are a retarded moron. I am now dumber for having read your post. First off, that car runs 14.5 in the 1/4. I run that in my sleep on 6.5 psi, dumbf*ck. Second off, I'm not offended but the car isn't a true type-R. End of story. Anyone who thinks it really is a type-R is probably as stupid as you are. And the reason that I give props to SF is because he's the only person who stands behind his work and has proven his product. Suck a nut, dumbf*ck.
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

It's an si with a k24 usdm block and k20a2 head. What's type-R about it? Oh, that's right, nothing.
It used to be type r cams, shift mechanism, intake manifold, body kit, lsd, final drive, suspension, but we decided to make fast, stop quicker and handle, so we put different stuff on.

I guess we should have pulled the stickers off too, but they looked so good with the European Type R body kit.

Oh yeah, the car ran a 14.5 on a piece of clean pavement in a Car and Driver magazine shootout with street tires and a roadracing setup. A car that runs 14's would have been lucky to run a 16.

Please don't blame reading that post for making you dumber, I sure that didn't cause it.

brian g

Last edited by briang; 10-20-2003 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2003
Premium Boosted Member

All I did was answer your post about you saying, there's nothing on it that makes it a Type-R. I could care less if the stickers are there or not, a Type-R part is a Type-R part, no matter what, the car isn't anywhere close to a type-r. Cams or not, the car doesn't have the Type-R suspension, nor the Type-R wheels, I could go on. There is the limited slip, however, which is from the Type-R, something I wish I could have. The company know's what they're doing, they just like the style of the Type-R logo on their Euro-styled Si Type-S.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

You are a retarded moron. I am now dumber for having read your post. First off, that car runs 14.5 in the 1/4. I run that in my sleep on 6.5 psi, dumbf*ck. Second off, I'm not offended but the car isn't a true type-R. End of story. Anyone who thinks it really is a type-R is probably as stupid as you are. And the reason that I give props to SF is because he's the only person who stands behind his work and has proven his product. Suck a nut, dumbf*ck.

You run 14.5 in your sleep"dumb****"? you fail to notice the trap speed.....104, which means there is gobs of torque. You have to keep in mind that these cars were driven by Car and Driver. The same people that ran a 14.1 in a supercharged S2000.
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Guru

You run 14.5 in your sleep"dumb****"? you fail to notice the trap speed.....104, which means there is gobs of torque. You have to keep in mind that these cars were driven by Car and Driver. The same people that ran a 14.1 in a supercharged S2000.
Ok, so car and driver drove the car? Read the entire article. It clearly states that every team was able to have their own driver piloting the car, the only reason I can think of to let someone else drive my car is if I just didn't know how......and as far as times go, I have yet to see a timeslip better than 14.5 for that car either. Either way, I don't care if my car is faster or not, for the amount of money that was spent on that car, it damned well should be faster. My only argument in this thread was that the car is not a type-R. Period, that's it.
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by MadWheel
All I did was answer your post about you saying, there's nothing on it that makes it a Type-R. I could care less if the stickers are there or not, a Type-R part is a Type-R part, no matter what, the car isn't anywhere close to a type-r. Cams or not, the car doesn't have the Type-R suspension, nor the Type-R wheels, I could go on. There is the limited slip, however, which is from the Type-R, something I wish I could have. The company know's what they're doing, they just like the style of the Type-R logo on their Euro-styled Si Type-S.
Sorry bro, wasn't flaming, didn't mean for it to come across that way. Again, all I was stating is that the car isn't a type-R. If it had a jdm motor on it, that would be one thing, but putting a few ITR or CTR parts on it and labeling it a type-R is annoying. That's all I'm saying here.
Old 10-21-2003
Premium Boosted Member

Yeah I agree with you on that part. I see stores like Pep Boys and AutoZone with Type-R logos everywhere, even the GTR. If you don't have the real thing why say you do? Would you rather have a "Type-R" that runs close to stock times as a real type-r, or have a regular civic with enough mods to make you compete with a type-r? I'd rather take pride in my work and use decals (if any) of things relevant to my car and to what makes it unique.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

You seem to be awfully angry about this sticker thing Andyman, what's really up?

brian g
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by briang
You seem to be awfully angry about this sticker thing Andyman, what's really up?

brian g
Not angry, just annoyed. I would think a true tuning shop and company like HAsport would not put a type-R badge on that car, that's all. Just makes no sense to me.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

Not angry, just annoyed. I would think a true tuning shop and company like HAsport would not put a type-R badge on that car, that's all. Just makes no sense to me.

Well technically, a TYPE R is a racing honda vehicle. And this IS a racing Honda vehicle(plus more!), so maybe its THEIR type R....................TO THEIR LIKING.....NOT YOURS!

These guys are not your typical ricers, just slapping sticker on like you make it out to be
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

What about my Type S badge on the back of my Civic EX 4 door? I have it right beside the EX badge, same spacing as the RSX Type S badge arrangement.

brian g
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Guru

Well technically, a TYPE R is a racing honda vehicle. And this IS a racing Honda vehicle(plus more!), so maybe its THEIR type R....................TO THEIR LIKING.....NOT YOURS!
These guys are not your typical ricers, just slapping sticker on like you make it out to be
That's great, they can put whatever they want on their car. A type-R is a JDM spec honda race car. That si is not a JDM spec honda racecar. They can like whatever they want. Putting a badge on your car when your car doesn't have what the sticker implies under the hood is rice.
I didn't say that hasport were typical ricers. I have mad respect for all of the work and research they do on honda engines which is why I can't understand why these guys would badge that car a type-R.

And as far as you having a type-S badge, if you have a k20a2, more power to you, that is not rice if you actually have that swap.

Quick Reply: Results of a K24 with some bolt-ons.