Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Interest in Intake Manifolds????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
interested, just make a GB for it when its ready
Old 10-06-2003
x-factor

prototype is on a distinguished road
im down......is the TB gonna be off the top or the side?
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

konstanting is an unknown quantity at this point
cat, i hope you and SF are going to keep a couple of the kits in stock so that when i have some money saved up you have still some Turbo's for my vic sitting around.
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
The TB will be in the stock location. And we are having a hard time keeping anything in stock!
Old 10-07-2003
x-factor

how much will they go for....and what makes it different from the kms?
Old 10-07-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by prototype
how much will they go for....and what makes it different from the kms?
ALOT... and these are for FI... You have FI ?
Old 10-07-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
They arent only for FI, they are also for NA cars. They are different from KMS, the runners are a different size, the plenum size and shape is different, there are many things that are different. If we made a manifold just like KMS, it would probably be copyright infringement. So we obviously couldnt make the same thing.
Old 10-07-2003
OsOBaNNeD

i havent herd ne thing postive about kms's manifold.. then again i havent herd negative either.. but it would be nice to see a manifold that actually does some good.
Old 10-07-2003
Registered!!

I promise you, this manifold will do good. We dont sell anything that wont improve the performance of your car in some way.
Old 10-07-2003
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
do you have any better idea (just an idea...) for what the price will be? I'm thinking about a DC-sports intake manifold, but I might get this if the price is reasonable. Again, no guarantees wanted, but what's the ballpark?
Old 10-07-2003
OsOBaNNeD

Originally posted by jwalker87
do you have any better idea (just an idea...) for what the price will be? I'm thinking about a DC-sports intake manifold, but I might get this if the price is reasonable. Again, no guarantees wanted, but what's the ballpark?
wtf did u just say? dc sports intake manifold?
Old 10-07-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
wtf did u just say? dc sports intake manifold?
omg!!! I just fell on the floor laughing my *** of when i read that.

Intake(CAI/SRI) does not equal Intake Manifold.
Old 10-07-2003
OsOBaNNeD

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02

Intake(CAI/SRI) does not equal Intake Manifold.

bbahhahahahahahhahahahhhha i love the stupidity.

all your credibility just went out the window.... i sugest not posting on the site for a period from 1-2 weeks you should suspend yourself from posting... just bustin ur chops. but def... read more , post less.

Last edited by OsOBooSTeD; 10-07-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2003
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
for u it will be 10 million payable to me for that insanely RETARDED comment about a dc sports intake manifol. to my knowledge DC sports has never made a intake manifold in the history of their business
Old 10-08-2003
Registered!!

does DC even make an intake pipe? I havent really been into the whole NA thing, so im not sure. I just have a cheezy one i got off of ebay!

Then i also have that one thing sitting on the ground here... whats that called.... it hooks to your exhaust and has a little whirly thing... somehow it sucks in air and makes loud noises, like an intake leak or something.... oh yea i remember! A TURBO!!!!
Old 10-08-2003
x-factor

Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
ALOT... and these are for FI... You have FI ?

YES I WILL REALLY SOON....GOT PICK UP A FEW MORE THINGS
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
once I see catalyst hit 12's I will buy my sf turbo kit
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

that will be about 3 weeks. I need to get my turbo re-ordered. I hate it when people send you the wrong parts!
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Any pics of the IM? What about a ballpark price range? Im really thinking about turboing the d17 instead of the swap.
Old 10-09-2003
Bodacious Member

ok i quit now. Sorry, i was thinking DC sport headers, but we're talking manifolds right now. Anyway, beyond my stupidity, do you have a better idea of the price?
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Hey Cat - How is the new maifold being tested? Is DH flow testing the old manifold, than flow testing the new one? I think that is where KMS screwed up.....the flow velocity is probably slower than before due to the short runners (as well as the freakin' huge plenum). Is there any sort of port tuning he is doing as well?

I'm just curious to know what this design is based off of? He seems to know his stuff, but I'm really not looking forward to another KMS manifold.....
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

Actually, SFpower and i are making the manifold. Then we are going to have DHracing go over it.

Dont worry, because we will not release anything that does not improve the power. Nothing is released until im happy with it. And im pretty picky, because everything goes on my car.
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
That's cool, since I've been reading A LOT tonight about intake manifold design. And I believe that's one of the reasons that KMS' manfold sucked (correct me if I'm wrong)....I'm not sure if he flow tested as well as increase port volume. As I understand - just as the scavanging occurs in the exhaust header - impulses also occur in the intake manifold (due to runner length, plenum area, and its ability to flow a certain CFM)......I'm glad you are going to make it right vs just welding together something and calling it a day. Most people on this board don't understand how much R&D goes into making a good product and want everything NOW. Personally, I'd rather have it later, and have it work right! Take your time, I'm sure it'll be well worth it.....

Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Good man!
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
will the intake manifolds sound tight at least like the d16's? to make the car sound mean, cuz you can hardly hear the sohc in my car until you step on it, esp the vtec part.
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

DIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by opto_isolator
That's cool, since I've been reading A LOT tonight about intake manifold design. And I believe that's one of the reasons that KMS' manfold sucked (correct me if I'm wrong)....I'm not sure if he flow tested as well as increase port volume. As I understand - just as the scavanging occurs in the exhaust header - impulses also occur in the intake manifold (due to runner length, plenum area, and its ability to flow a certain CFM)......I'm glad you are going to make it right vs just welding together something and calling it a day. Most people on this board don't understand how much R&D goes into making a good product and want everything NOW. Personally, I'd rather have it later, and have it work right! Take your time, I'm sure it'll be well worth it.....

I totally agree with you. You cant just have a intake manifold flow mega CFM's, you also have to have good velocity as well.
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Ouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Im definitly in. keep comin out with that high quality good stuff!
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah count me in too.

Of course, if the price is right.

I've been monitoring the posts about sf and their products, and I have'nt heard of a single bad thing about them. No complaints what so ever. I would probably have bought a SF turbo when I got my settlement if it wasnt for the loss of my brother. (I never knew all the costs of a death were so much!)

I'm sure the IM will increase power NA and even more (proportionally) on a turbo setup. Hopefully, we can see some gains of over 20 HP on a stock (except for the turbo) forced induction setup. To me, that would be sufficient.
Old 10-16-2003
Bodacious Member

just keep working Catalyst...and give us a price IDEA as soon as you can. $200? $1000? Just looking for an estimate. I know you aren't done designing the thing, but what range are you shooting for?
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Well, im not too sure on a price yet, BUT i do have some good news and some technical data to tell you guys....

The intake manifold will be port matched to a 72mm RPM service throttlebody (the guy that makes them for eric's Racing). And there will be an adaptor plate that will bolt onto it for using the stock throttlebody. So there are even upgrades for our intake manifolds. I do not know the going price on the TB's, but i will find out for you guys.

Quick Reply: Interest in Intake Manifolds????