Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Interest in Intake Manifolds????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
it would have to have bolt on gains. dyno on a na civic and of course cats turb.

If you guys want, I have the kms intake on my car and a cam gear will be here shortly and installed quickly after that. I would be willing to come down and let you play with it or just check it out on a flow bench or something. If it will help making a nice intake mani easier. I also have the stock one sitting here collecting dust.
Just offering help. Let me know.
Old 09-05-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hawk
SSUUURRREE

edit: they'll be lucky to see 20hp gain NA with a intake manifold cai p&p and exhaust. Don't forget the intake manifold isn't the only restrictive section of the civics factory setup
With catalyst's port and polish job, he's looking at around a 35 hp gain alone....I'm pretty sure with a full exhaust, new intake mani and cai 15 hp on top of that is very feasable.
Old 09-05-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
would that gain on port and polishing happen to be when his car was turbo? if so then that type of gain makes sense.

lets put it this way, the only way i'll beleave those kind of gains N/A with those mods alone is a dyno chart. Because its a tad far fetched IMHO
Old 09-05-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hawk
would that gain on port and polishing happen to be when his car was turbo? if so then that type of gain makes sense.

lets put it this way, the only way i'll beleave those kind of gains N/A with those mods alone is a dyno chart. Because its a tad far fetched IMHO
Yes, I was talking about on an n/a setup. I'd love to debate more but at this point, it's purely speculation. Until someone goes with that setup and can prove power either way, it'll be impossible to tell for sure.
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Funny thing is that most people tend to miss is that the intake manifold is designed the way it is for a reason. Torque and power are a function of intake runner length and diameter. That's probably why KMS' intake sucked for basic applications (and would require tuning such as cams or cam gears). Take a look at most of the aftermarket intake manifolds for the 2000 series vics, they still have longer runners - for a reason. And plastic really isn't THAT bad - sure it sucks for N20, but think for a moment - it doesn't transfer heat like metal does - colder air charge going into your engine (=more power). But anyhow, yeah - if enough time was spent R&Ding this thing I'm sure it could get decent gains.
Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
50 horsepower? YEAH RIGHT. Not gonna happen. I am still waiting to see if Catalyst can break the 12 barrier.
Old 09-06-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by Diemos
50 horsepower? YEAH RIGHT. Not gonna happen. I am still waiting to see if Catalyst can break the 12 barrier.
And at one point in history everyone said that no one would ever produce a turbo kit for our cars due to the cramped space in the engine bay.

Look how far we have come....people still have doubts before they even know what's going on.
Old 09-06-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
And at one point in history everyone said that no one would ever produce a turbo kit for our cars due to the cramped space in the engine bay.

Look how far we have come....people still have doubts before they even know what's going on.
Exactly....I can't stand know it alls that always think that they're right about everything.
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
so has anybody tried to bore out the throttle body or intake manifold and see if there are any gains from doin that ???
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

01EXtc is an unknown quantity at this point
where do i pay

Last edited by 01EXtc; 09-17-2003 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I'd be up for it... IF it shows some dyno proven gains I'd be all for it..
Old 09-18-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
Hey, i finally have the head and turbo system on my car. Right now i have the base turbo kit, without the alcohol injection. ANd my car feels as fast, if not faster on 4.5 psi than it did on 9 psi with the old head and alcohol injection.

Release date for intake manifold...... 1 month
Old 09-18-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
What are we looking at price wise man.. ???
Old 09-18-2003
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Yeah most are lookin for some numbers lol
Old 09-18-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
if the cost is right and shows good gains im in 100%.
Old 09-18-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
dyno at 0 PSI and at 9 PSI please...heheh....
Old 09-19-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
The price isnt set yet because the manifold isnt complete yet.
Old 09-26-2003
Registered!!

morrmarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, can't wait!!
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm interested for sure
Old 10-01-2003
Registered!!

Hopefully the manifold will be complete when i get the rest of my kit on. Since my car will be down for a couple days, i guess i can make the manifold as well.
Old 10-01-2003
Registered!!

criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
aww but i want it now
Old 10-01-2003
Registered!!

So do i!!!

While your at it, can you give me my boost as well?
Old 10-02-2003
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
Why all the negative on the KMS manifold? I'm running it with my turbo and seems to be doing fine....only negative is that I get a very small amount of oil leakage where the i have the breather filter coming off the engine...the kms doesn't utilize the old line so the filter had to be installed. Now I haven't run my turbo without it, as I installed the manifold prior to getting the turbo kit.So I can't really say for sure if it would run better with or without it, only that I haven't experienced any problems.
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

i havent said anything derrogatory towards KMS. They are a respectable company, and so are we. Why cant we all just get along?
Old 10-03-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by Maverick
Why all the negative on the KMS manifold? I'm running it with my turbo and seems to be doing fine....only negative is that I get a very small amount of oil leakage where the i have the breather filter coming off the engine...the kms doesn't utilize the old line so the filter had to be installed. Now I haven't run my turbo without it, as I installed the manifold prior to getting the turbo kit.So I can't really say for sure if it would run better with or without it, only that I haven't experienced any problems.
Same here.
Old 10-03-2003
Registered!!

sc1golfr is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be very interested in this, will you also be selling it complete with a new throttle body? I also want to see some gains first, though.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

I can have the manifold sent out with an RPM service (aka eric's racing) throttle body on it. All the way up to 76mm.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
once we get a bigger TB, our intakes won't fit anymore right??
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

depends on your intake. I had one that was only 2.25". Then i saw that most other people had 2.5 or 3" intakes.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would definitely be interested if the price isn't outrageous. I mean the AEM V2 made gains...but I wasn't paying $200 for the minimal gain. Keep us updated...and more than that...keep up the fantastic work.

Quick Reply: Interest in Intake Manifolds????