Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Which one is better NOS, NITROUS EXPRESS, OR ZEX NITROUS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Which one is better NOS, NITROUS EXPRESS, OR ZEX NITROUS?

Ok i am ready to order a nitrous system, but I dont know which is the best system to get, NOS, nitrous express, or zex nitrous. I want to get a system with the 35-50-75 shot, but I also want to get a purge kit because I like cars that can blow the stuff to the outside of the car, and I want to get a nitrous gage so i know if the bottle is empty or not. I was thinking of ordering the nitrous express kit off of speedpeople.com and the purge kit and gage. Is this ok. I was also wondering what the 4Ainline and 6Ainline purge kits were? Also do I need a remote bottle opener? And what does it do? I also want a kit that WILL GIVE ME GOOD OFF THE LINE POWER, THEN WILL LET ME GET MORE POWER AT OPEN THROTTLE, WHICH KIT IS BEST FOR THAT. My car sucks off the line I lose to almost everyone. Please tell me everything I should buy for the right set up, thanks.
Old 08-26-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
nitrous express would be the better one to get
Old 08-26-2003
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
what are the diferences, pros and cons??

adn what accesories would yo suggest buying(purge valve, wot switch, etc)

and if anyone has serial numbers that would be great...
Old 08-26-2003
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
thanks for the reply, I am also looking for replies for the rest of my question if anyone can help.
Old 08-26-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
zex if you want easy install and 55-65-75 shots. definitely get the purge kit if you want quicker starts. the remote bottle opener automatically open turns the bottle valve and opens it up, ready for use. you dont really need it, just keep the bottle open and when your at WOT, the nitrous will automatically activate.
Old 08-26-2003
Registered!!

does that mean at WOT i dont have to push any buttons it automatically shots the HP, or does it automatically activate and I just push a button.
Old 08-27-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

you dont have to push the button a WOT.
Old 08-27-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Re: Which one is better NOS, NITROUS EXPRESS, OR ZEX NITROUS?

Originally posted by streetglower
Ok i am ready to order a nitrous system, but I dont know which is the best system to get, NOS, nitrous express, or zex nitrous. I want to get a system with the 35-50-75 shot, but I also want to get a purge kit because I like cars that can blow the stuff to the outside of the car, and I want to get a nitrous gage so i know if the bottle is empty or not. I was thinking of ordering the nitrous express kit off of speedpeople.com and the purge kit and gage. Is this ok. I was also wondering what the 4Ainline and 6Ainline purge kits were? Also do I need a remote bottle opener? And what does it do? I also want a kit that WILL GIVE ME GOOD OFF THE LINE POWER, THEN WILL LET ME GET MORE POWER AT OPEN THROTTLE, WHICH KIT IS BEST FOR THAT. My car sucks off the line I lose to almost everyone. Please tell me everything I should buy for the right set up, thanks.
you really shouldnt use nitrous in first gear, so your still gonna have to suck off the line, you wanna use it mainly through 2-3gear.
a remote bottle opener is just that, it opens the bottle so you dont have to get out and turn the nozzle yourself. i may be wrong but you'll still need a activation switch for it to engage a WOT just so you dont cruise around with your bottle open and accidently spray when your gunning it trying to pass someone on the freeway. NX makes good kits, look into the stage 1 kit, i was looking into this kit for a while.
also while purging will make you look cool its costing you $$$, unless you do it after you spray your wasting nitrous if you just wanna show off that you can make a white cloud.
Old 08-27-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY just out of curiousity.. if i run a 20 shot of nos... wit turbo.. that would give me alot more hp then just nos alone correct?
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

Just to let you all know I have a auto tranny, any differences.
Old 08-27-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

osoboosted, runnin a 20 shot with a turbo would give you more power, but i only recommend using it to hasten spool up and then let the turbo works its magic.
Old 08-27-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

18sec1/4mile, you have an arming switch, once you press that, your nitrous system is "armed" and once you hit WOT it automatically engages the nitrous. no need for holding a button to engage it unless you want your setup like that. i just prefer the WOT setup.
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

What do you mean it engages at WOT, at what speed and how long does it last. What about coming off the line.
Old 08-27-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
you shouldnt use nitrous in first gear aka "coming off the line" you have to wait till you switched to 2nd gear.
engages at WOT means it only sprays when you got the pedal to the metal.
it only lasts as long as your at WOT as soon as you let up a little it stops.
.....ya know you may have the $$$ for nitrous but i wouldnt get it just yet, not to hate on you but you dont seem to know much about it but atleast your asking questions first. most of the questions you asked are in the Nitrous FAQ, did you read that?
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 18secQuaterMile
you shouldnt use nitrous in first gear aka "coming off the line" you have to wait till you switched to 2nd gear.
engages at WOT means it only sprays when you got the pedal to the metal.
it only lasts as long as your at WOT as soon as you let up a little it stops.
.....ya know you may have the $$$ for nitrous but i wouldnt get it just yet, not to hate on you but you dont seem to know much about it but atleast your asking questions first. most of the questions you asked are in the Nitrous FAQ, did you read that?
Not using it in first gear is more misinformation.

What should have been said is using nitrous in 1st through 4th is a great idea as long as the car is set-up properly.

Having an aftermarket clutch is a good idea since you'll be adding power imediately.

Proper suspension and tires help out tremendously with 60fts and launching.

It should also be noted that bouncing off the rev limiter with nitrous = instant death.

And lastly do not activate the nitrous below 3000 rpms.

The second portion of the post I agree, read the FAQ. It answers basic questions that a majority of people have.
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

thanks for letting me know, I honestly dont know much about nitrous but I would like to know all I can about it so i can get a setup.