Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

maxrev shit kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaCivicJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
maxrev **** kit

I went to install my kit today and that thing was a pos!
nothin was the right size. I'm ordering my Turbo Discounters kit
tonight getting it in friday and installing sat. I had to wait to damn
months for the maxrev ****. lol just pisses me off.
Old 08-16-2003
i have a new home do u
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
lol here we go again. good luck
Old 08-16-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
why are you getting the td kit, ive heard problems from that kit as well, only one thats gotten good reviews all the way across is the sf kit
Old 08-16-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
that sucks man
SF> any turbo kits
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
another victim
Old 08-17-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Yeah man, get the SF kit. Thats what I plan on doing.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the SF kit plz and save yourself the trouble "maybe" going through this all over again.
Old 08-18-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Will people never learn from my mistakes?
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you called Max-Rev about it???Maybe try that...
Old 08-18-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah and maybe he can wait two months to get the kit just like you....and you still don't even have it yet, do you? How long ago did you order it?
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: maxrev **** kit

Originally posted by HondaCivicJosh
I went to install my kit today and that thing was a pos!
nothin was the right size. I'm ordering my Turbo Discounters kit
tonight getting it in friday and installing sat. I had to wait to damn
months for the maxrev ****. lol just pisses me off.
Ofcourse, doesnt fit must be the companys problem. Although, honestly I think you are full of **** and just trying to give this company a bad rep, your post in completely uninformative. You dont have any pictures of the kit, and in your post you do not hesitate to say that you are buying Brand X instead of Brand Y which leads me to believe that you are only trying to decieve people. Please, unless you intend on giving a detailed post please dont post things like "Max-Rev = ****" atleast have some photos available when you make claims like this. Did you even try to contact Max-rev and see what the problem was? then your post was a complete waste.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
he's not the only one having problems with it, I have heard several other members post about how maxrev sucks.... I would personally stay away from it and save for the SF kit
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

Originally posted by andyman97
Yeah and maybe he can wait two months to get the kit just like you....and you still don't even have it yet, do you? How long ago did you order it?
Oh and how long did u ahve to wait to get your bov and your kit??LIke a month also...
Old 08-18-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by zinkyroo
Oh and how long did u ahve to wait to get your bov and your kit??LIke a month also...
But is mike from maxrev going to personally travel 14 hours to your house to install your kit? I don't think so.
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
But is mike from maxrev going to personally travel 14 hours to your house to install your kit? I don't think so.
That wasnt the point...He waited just as long as me to get the kit as I did with Max-Rev.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

sovereign82 is an unknown quantity at this point
BS post~ BS Thread~
Old 08-18-2003
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
to hell with internally wastegated kits. max revs manifold is the ****, and took a whopping 2 days to get to me. thats why u go COD, dont pay before u get, all they do is take the money and then send the kit when they damn well please. and does this SF kit have a website, bc ive tried lookin, with no luck, i dont like have the intercooler piping coming out the same side that it goes in either.

SF> any turbo kits

how about "my setup"> over any TD SF or MAX REV, why bc from the picts ive seen of these kits mine looks better, and i dont have picts til wednesday
Old 08-18-2003
cool beans

Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
to hell with internally wastegated kits. max revs manifold is the ****, and took a whopping 2 days to get to me. thats why u go COD, dont pay before u get, all they do is take the money and then send the kit when they damn well please. and does this SF kit have a website, bc ive tried lookin, with no luck, i dont like have the intercooler piping coming out the same side that it goes in either.

SF> any turbo kits

how about "my setup"> over any TD SF or MAX REV, why bc from the picts ive seen of these kits mine looks better, and i dont have picts til wednesday
You and smokies setup will rape everything else. My opinion is that the max rev manifold is far superior to SF's.
Old 08-18-2003
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
its bad *** even though u have to change cooling fan in order to run t3 t4 like me
Old 08-18-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
its bad *** even though u have to change cooling fan in order to run t3 t4 like me
They shaved part of the shroud to make mine fit... but eventually, I'll probably change to something with a thinner profile. Either way, mine is all installed with some slight mods. Fuel is being started tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some numbers by Friday... or maybe my car which I haven't driven in over a week )
Old 08-18-2003
Yeah, i drive an EP

BREEZE is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the full name of the sf kit?
Old 08-19-2003

Originally posted by twotymer05
what is the full name of the sf kit?
Stafford Fabrication
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
If any of you have any doubts about the Stafford Fabrication turbo system, i would love to give you a ride in my car. Let me put it this way, at 11 psi, i was hanging with a Z06. How many civic's do you know of can do that?

And C2i0v0i1c, we offer an externally wastegated manifold. I will assume you missed that Just look at Smokie's car, that is our manifold.

And until you get some numbers and pictures, say "in my honest opinion..... (insert COMMENT here)" not "i know (insert COMMENT here) because my mechanic said so"

I was nice enough to post all my info and let you guys decide, so you should have the same courtesy.
Old 08-19-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
let the sh*t talking commence...

btw... get facts, numbers, and a better line that "my kit is better than your kit"

you don't convince people by talking ****....
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
you convince people by letting them decide, not by shoving things down their throat.
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
im really thinking about getting a turbo kit, but im wondering, how much is the SF kit? and how reliable is the D17 under 7 psi daily? i ownt have the money for a couple a months though, will it still be for sale or what?
Old 08-19-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
here old beater... i know you're new..... so i'll let it go this time....
but next time... see that lil flashing red icon at the top of the page?? use that before asking anything... people have asked about info about this kit like million times over and over... in fact, i had to lock a thread because this same question was asked and answered... if you have any questions about the kit, please PM Catalyst

he'll give you all the necessary info on the kit.. thanks... and now back on topic...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...threadid=92677
Old 08-19-2003
SuperMODrizd

i never said u have to buy MY KIT, mainly bc MY KIT isnt a KIT at all, i pieced it together

and "IN MY HONEST OPINION" there are a few reasons i dont like SF kit, and im entitled to my opinion.

until i see a www.sf.com or www.staffordfabrications.com or any other variation of that where i can look at stuff see things other than the talk and pictures on this site, i just really dont like the looks of it, and how many civics do i know that can hang with a Z06, im talking lamboghini's round here, ive watched one beat it, and the hatch thats in my ride picts can hold its own on just about anything, except for highly modified bikes
Old 08-19-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinkin bout it, for the 3 grand I am gonna spend on a turbo kit. I could get a 250R Ninja brand new from the factory, it has a standing 1/4 of 14.2 gets 80 miles per gallon, and would look far more bad *** than I could ever dream to make my civic. Plus then I dont mess up my daily driver. But my parents would be pissed, so Im sticking with the turbo :'(
Old 08-19-2003

we offer an externally wastegated manifold. I will assume you missed that Just look at Smokie's car, that is our manifold.
I'll post pics on Wednesday. I'm supposed to go to the shop for a walkaround to check out all the work they did. But the job with the external wastegate and being rerouted back into the downpipe was A+ work. I didn't even expect them to do it.

Quick Reply: maxrev shit kit