Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Injectors

I need help. I know RSX-S injectors work for our cars, but would i be able to make 450 DSM injectors work? If so what would i have to do to make it work. Any suggestions would work because I am going to turbo before I go back to school and need to know.
Old 07-09-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking you'll need a resistor box.
Try SRT4 injectors, they're ~450 and I think they're more or less PNP.
Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

If SRT-4 injectors fit, how would i wire it up?
If i do use a resistor box with the dsm injectors, would i wire it up the same way i would with a 5th or 6th gen civic?
Old 07-10-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
my understanding is the srt-4 injectors will fit BARELY(just need injector clips), anything bigger requires custom work with TPS/throttle body/fuel rail clearance issue
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

since SRT-4 injectors fit, which year will fit right? From my understanding the 05 srt-4 injectors would be an upgrade for the 03 srt-4. Since srt-4 injectors fit, how come there aren't anyone talking about using them for their turbo setup?
Because if you are positively right about the injectors fitting I will put the order in on them.
I just need to know how i can have a good fuel system for my turbo setup, but also save enough money for school.
Any help please.
Old 07-10-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BCCentaur3
since SRT-4 injectors fit, which year will fit right? From my understanding the 05 srt-4 injectors would be an upgrade for the 03 srt-4. Since srt-4 injectors fit, how come there aren't anyone talking about using them for their turbo setup?
Because if you are positively right about the injectors fitting I will put the order in on them.
I just need to know how i can have a good fuel system for my turbo setup, but also save enough money for school.
Any help please.
I dont know for sure that they will fit, but its been posted before that they fit with the addition of the clips. How much PSI/HP are you aiming for? you may not need anything bigger than RSX's injectors
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

I am just going for 6 PSI at the most, I am on a budget and I basically have everything except for the injectors. Without them I can't finish my project this summer. And I am desperatly looking for answers. RSX injectors are too expensive. Theres a guy on ebay that will sell SRT-4 injectors for 70. I just need the clips.
Old 07-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
I am just going for 6 PSI at the most, I am on a budget and I basically have everything except for the injectors. Without them I can't finish my project this summer. And I am desperatly looking for answers. RSX injectors are too expensive. Theres a guy on ebay that will sell SRT-4 injectors for 70. I just need the clips.
Probably just a standard RC clip will work.
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

So I will go with the SRT-4 injectors. Wish me luck i hope it turns our fine.

Ok what do you mean by standard RC clips?

Nevermind that question it was stupid, hopefully this question isn't stupid. How will i wire the clips on to my car?
please excuse me I am new to this stuff.

Last edited by BCCentaur3; 07-10-2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

rsx injectors go for less than $80 usually
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

your talking about 80 each, I went to the Acura dealership they told me 700 for a set, then i went to Checkers they said 310 without the core, which i don't have. I am saying 70 for a set of srt-4 injectors. I can't turn that down. Especially if they fit. Just gotta figure out how to wire them up.

I can't let the last and final obstacle mess me up from my 3 years of planning. All i need are injectors and I am done.

Last edited by BCCentaur3; 07-10-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-11-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

your talking about 80 each, I went to the Acura dealership they told me 700 for a set, then i went to Checkers they said 310 without the core, which i don't have. I am saying 70 for a set of srt-4 injectors. I can't turn that down. Especially if they fit. Just gotta figure out how to wire them up.

I can't let the last and final obstacle mess me up from my 3 years of planning. All i need are injectors and I am done.
Used ones is what im talking about and are always available searching
Old 07-11-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I has dsm 450s with the resistor box. Cutting them back at idle they really work like crap even with the AEM. Ill be hopefully switching back to RCs sometime in the near future. The dsms probably would be a biatch to fit on a stock intake manifold config.
Old 07-11-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
I has dsm 450s with the resistor box. Cutting them back at idle they really work like crap even with the AEM. Ill be hopefully switching back to RCs sometime in the near future. The dsms probably would be a biatch to fit on a stock intake manifold config.
So your idle is lumpy?

Are you sure it is not from the cam and compressor surge?
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
srt-4 injectors and v-afc2

for my fuel option i went with v-afc2 and rsx-s injectors.... i found out later it was a mistake.... the rsx-s injectors and emanage is the best combo....
but what about srt-4 injectors and v-afc2????
Old 07-13-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Don't run srt-4 injectors unless you get the ems. You will run extremely rich and you won't like the results. The srt4 injectors also take a lot of fuel pressure. I even had a little trouble with them on the ems but we figured it all out. The fit is extremely tight. I had to take off my tb to install them and then the tps is hitting the fuel rail thats how tight they fit.
Old 07-14-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, if they are that big of a bitch then **** them.... emanage then ha?
i just need the support tool? i mean the usb cable that connect to emanage, i got the software on my laptop already!!