Schaumburg: Factory 5 Motoring/NASA Meet and Greet - 02/24

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Schaumburg: Factory 5 Motoring/NASA Meet and Greet - 02/24

***I copied this post from another forum and posted it here since there is no point in retyping out the info***

For those who do not know what NASA is, its the 'National Autosport Association'. I guess you can say they're kinda like the SCCA (autocrossing) for Road Racing. they're a really good organization that i'm part of, and there will be an open house at Factory Five Motoring in Schaumburg February 24th to answer questions and gain appeal to enthuasiasts like yourselves.

If you've ever wanted to take your car out to a track, please stop by.

What: To kick off the 2007 Midwest NASA season, certified NASA tech center Factory 5 Motoring in Schaumburg, along with NASA and PIC Performance are holding a Spring Meet and Greet to introduce local IL people to the NASA Pro Racing and HPDE program. The Meet and Greet will give people an opportunity to get a better understanding of what NASA's racing programs are about, including the HPDE, Time Trial, and wheel-to-wheel Pro Racing series.

Seasoned Honda Challenge and HPDE veterans will be present alongside in-car footage from the race track, first-hand experiences and their own purpose-built race cars. NASA officials will also be on hand to answer any and all questions related to NASA and it's racing programs.

Complimentary breakfast will be provided courtesy of Factory 5 and PIC Performance, and everyone is welcome to take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about what their cars can really do at the race-track, and see what NASA is all about.

Where: Factory 5 Motoring
Directions
1034 Morse Ave.
Schaumburg, IL 60193

When: Begins 10am Saturday, February 24th, 2007. Stay as long as you like!

Who: Everyone and anyone who has ever wanted to take their cars to the track and see what it is really capable of doing in a safe, controlled environment is welcome to attend. This event is not limited to any particular makes or models, as the Meet and Greeet will cover all aspects of NASA's racing programs, and with NASA, there is a class for any car, and any driver, no matter what you are looking to do.

This Spring Meet and Greet is open to all, and free of charge, and will run until the last person leaves. You will be able to speak directly to the NASA Regional Director Dave Royce in person, talk to other racers in the region, see just how close you are to some of the best tracks in the country, even sign up for membership on the spot and possibly take advantage of some discounted track-time. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Da1lyDr1ver; 02-04-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2007
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
yeh i already knew about this...but im dont post here that much and ill be there...
Old 02-04-2007
Banned

sharpie100 is an unknown quantity at this point
he got this from importpassion i posted it up on another topic, then he signed up on importpassion, im guessing you'll be there vinnie?
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
who is vinnie? or are you talking to me, lol?
Old 02-05-2007
Banned

my bad dennis! haha thinking of someone else
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

hey, how'd you know my name?
Old 02-05-2007
Banned

i bought your rsx-s rear sway, im sujak but i keep getting banned since i have a problem with an admin here
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
stalker
Old 02-05-2007
Banned

keith you're a dumbass, im going to kill you.

give me your navi **** for free dude....
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
sharpie wtf? gay...

see you there dennis...
Old 02-22-2007
Registered!!

Cipher is an unknown quantity at this point
Its gonna be raining...are you guys still gonna go?
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

i'm still in. you got wipers on your car dont you? or did you take them off for show reasons?

Oh, just so you know, the open house is being held indoors, inside the garage of Factory 5. at least thats what i've been told, so no one has to worry about standing in the rain.

Last edited by Da1lyDr1ver; 02-23-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

ok so now there is a winter storm warning....if i can make it i will try but my car is horrible in icy conditions. oh by the way...thanks for helping me out with the kit Dennis. that guy wants to meet up with me half way. he lives in Wisconsin.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

kazim, theres nothing more i would give than to put your life in harms way.

where does that kid that wants to buy your kit live? he seems really interested. i'll go with you to meet him up half way, on condition we take the S2000 and i get to drive.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

he lives in Wisconsin, its 209 miles from here in schaumburg. so i told him we'll meet him up half way. and by the way, how can we take the s2k with an entire bomex kit...lol. i'm gonna takes my dads car. and sure you can come with if the kid falls thru with it. he is going to let me know soon
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I'll see you guys at Factory 5. Look for an Asian guy with a cute lil baby girl.
Old 02-24-2007
Banned

I Love You is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by InanimateCarbonRod
I'll see you guys at Factory 5. Look for an Asian guy with a cute lil baby girl.
where you standing in the way back by the 2 k-swap cars? if so i was the white kid standing next to the mexican.

but i saw your car and i saw dennis
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by I Love You
where you standing in the way back by the 2 k-swap cars? if so i was the white kid standing next to the mexican.

but i saw your car and i saw dennis
Yep, that was me. I was sitting on the far right side but the kiddo got restless so we moved to the back.
Old 02-24-2007
Banned

Aye, i was the preppy looking kid who looked like **** after coming from work and party that past night
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

thanks everyone for showing up. i only saw InanimateCarbonRod there from this forum. perhaps i didnt recgnize anyone else? if so i'm sorry for that.

did anyone actually take advantage of their deals and either sign up for the NASA membership or any events?

i'm already a member with NASA since last year, so i just signed up for 2 track events to take advantage of the $180 discount. i'm in for the Road America track in August and the Autobahn South track in July.

anyone else?
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

I wasn't ready to sign up today but I'm still thinking about it. Did they list what the normal costs are for each event? How much were the Autobahn events?

I would have stuck around to ask more questions but the place was so packed and my daughter was ready to leave. I guess it's coming down to cost right now so I have to figure out:

NASA Membership: $40
Helmet: ???
Cost of events: ???

Anyways, I might be able to get the CFO (wife) to approve such fun filled driving weekends; Especially if we go to the Mid America event near Omaha (we have friends there).
Old 02-24-2007
Banned

Haha its okay dennis, i looked over at you i was like 'hmm isnt that dennis" then me and guccipimp saw your car and carbon's.

yea i wasnt ready sign up either, i dunno if i will or not, i was to obsessed with the k20 with itb's i was standing by
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

yea, a lot of the people were in awe by the hatch with the k20 and individual throttle bodies. that thing sounds mean as hell when its fired up.

anyways, i'm by no way pushing anyone here to join NASA, but i can almost guarantee you that once you do and actually drive an event, you'll be hooked right away. like dave said in the presentation, you can always volunteer or spectate to get a feel of what its all about during the events.

i know potentially wrecking your car is a major concern when doing something like this, but driving in HPDE 1 is kinda like having training wheels on. NASA won't throw you into the fire. as a matter of fact, they are very strict when it comes to safety and do not tollerate horsing around.

with that said, it will be hard to see any track events (in terms of spectating). the closest event for us will be the Autobahn event which isnt til July.

as for cost:

helmet: $85-$100 (for the cheapest, this usually means an open face helmet, which i have)

Cost of event: for the 2 day event at Autobahn in July (South Track), it will cost ~$250. remember thats for 2 days of racing. if you opted to race only 1 day, it'll be less (i'm assuming half?).

i personally signed up for the Autobahn (July) and Road America (August) away since i know they will fill up quick.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

Ok, I'm seriously considering this. I'm gonna talk to my friend at work who races SCCA Formula Continental to see if he has any input. Heck, he might even be interested too and take his CTS-V out on the track.

How much track time did he say people normally get on a given day? Was it four 20 minute sessions for the whole 2-day event or four 20 minute sessions per day?

Thanks for answering my questions, DD.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

no problem.

the at the NASA track events, there are four 20 minute sessions per day. so, if you go for the whole 2 days, you'll get a total of 140 minutes of drive time. believe me, by the end of the day you'll actually be tired of driving (despite the fun of course).

also, as mentioned during the presentation, NASA is very diligent in keeping their schedule on time. in the morning during the drivers meeting, they actually give you a itinerary or schedule that shows the time slots of the day and who will be running the track. basically to eliminate any downtime, when the current session thats running on the track is on their final cooldown lap, the next session of drivers are already on the grid ready to go out, maximizing the track time use.

if you really want to get to a track earlier, you can always go to the track's website and look up their schedules. my first ever race was at Gingerman Raceway. i was actually running with a VolksWagon club of MI. i might actually do that again since the first NASA held event isnt until April.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

i never made it...i was out partying the night before and didnt wake up til 1pm...and then said **** it..

many people called me and said dennis and inatimate carbon rod were there...along with zack and gmo...

oh well...
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

don't worry i couldn't make it either...class got out really late and it was like 2:50 by the time i got to schaumburg. I called factory 5 and they said it was pretty much over so i just went home. Dennis I called/texted you. I thought we could probably meet up somewhere.
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

yea, when you called i already had left and was doing something else.

who has class on saturdays? oh yea, you i guess.

hows the bodykit sale going?
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

it was an MCAT class....the bodykit is still forsale, i think i might meet him up on saturday. i dunno though, seems like he is postponing. I don't think he is going to pull thru. By the way Dennis i think i might do HIN..not sure as of yet, but if i do are you in? (sorry but the free ticket is going to have to go to Shilpa this time).