Pix from SCCA Event at Autobahn Country Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Smile Pix from SCCA Event at Autobahn Country Club

First of all it was HOT HOT HOT. We didn’t do as much race watching or paddock walking as I would have liked but the heat was just brutal. We pretty much only watched my buddy’s group qualifying and race.

My friend that we went to watch races Formula Continental cars, basically a small formula car powered by a 2.0L Ford Pinto engine. The thing is pretty fast as it weighs next to nothing (probably 1100 lbs). They have a pretty nice trailer setup with canopy and air conditioned race trailer (very handy in 100+ degree heat). The track was pretty bumpy and during the race, the rivets holding the front left wing on the adjustment plate sheared off, resulting in the wing generating lift on that side. He said it felt like the front tires were in oil!

Didn’t really do too much walking around like I said. The heat was really bad, especially for the wife and the little one. The little one didn’t really complain too much. She napped most of the time but woke up to watch the race. Fun stuff.

Enjoy the pix!

Bug

Lambo. The car in the poster in the background is actually on the other side of the Lambo. Sorry, didn't get a pic.

Noble

Z06, Lotus Elise, Ferrari

Rare Mustang?

Closer shot of the Ferrari

Turbo Porshes

More Porshes (same people as above)

Ford GT. There was also a silver one driving around the paddock.

A cool bug that landed on my arm.

My friends car in the middle of a tire change.

My friend's dad. Pit crew/mechaninc/everything else.

My friend and his wife.

A tight squeeze.

Badass Formula Atlantic car next to us. It made this awesome sound when downshifting for the corners.

Pace laps.

Race start.

A fendered car chasing down the open wheel. He eventually passed him sometime midway through the race.

Right wing already dragging.

Finshed first in class, fourth overall. Notice how the upward angle of the left wing causes the right wing to drag.

Low speed turn 1, left wing dragging badly.

Me and the kiddo waiting for car and driver to return from tech inspection.

Thats all!
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
looks like lots of fun. i was actually there last week for the NASA qualifying rounds.

do you race yourself? my friend and i are planning on going to Gingerman Raceway for an opentrack even on August 17th. you should tag along too if you want to make some runs.