AUstin--Anyone will lower my Ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
AUstin--Anyone will lower my Ride.

Well thinking about lowering my ride, was wondering if someone in the Austin area could help me out or something.
Old 10-21-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
If you have tools I can come from SA and do it for you
Old 10-21-2005

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
hahah, a girl coming to install your springs for you... now thats embarrassing. yet sexy
Old 10-21-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by vietstylez
hahah, a girl coming to install your springs for you... now thats embarrassing. yet sexy
Thanx....
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
i would help you but i dont have the time to
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Well, got 2 people now, i should have all of the tools in my house. Will let you all know when i get them.
Old 10-24-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Dont forget to get an alignment done.
Old 10-24-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Yeah getting a camber kit too is a good idea
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
Yeah getting a camber kit too is a good idea
hmm would that be necessary, How much is that.
Old 10-24-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

well most likley your wheels will start pointing in with the drop... I don't know how much they run because I get my stuff from my shop for super cheep but just look up spc camber kits online
Old 10-24-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

watch and learn...
http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfFr...rontCamber.wmv
http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfFr...RearCamber.wmv
http://www.spcperformance.com/PerfFr...PCOverview.wmv
Old 10-24-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
The SPC camber kit is what I have (rear ones). I got mine like for $130 shipped off of ebay. It is worth the money because buying new tires because of the tire running low in one spot every time you turn around is not worth the trouble. I put them on my car before I lowered the car because I knew that they were pretty much necessary. Any questions just ask.
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

AHh thanks much better,
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
The SPC camber kit is what I have (rear ones). I got mine like for $130 shipped off of ebay. It is worth the money because buying new tires because of the tire running low in one spot every time you turn around is not worth the trouble. I put them on my car before I lowered the car because I knew that they were pretty much necessary. Any questions just ask.
Yeah thanks, well i know i am looking about 300 to lower my car.

Also would i need the springs and the camber kit right, anything else.

BTW how would i know how low i wana lower it, any springs you reccomend off ebay..
Old 10-25-2005
Registered!!

j-jolly is an unknown quantity at this point
if you do noy have the springs yet i have a set of hayame v2 i will sell you for $400 and i will meet you half way i live in Ft. Worth just if you have not orderd the spring yet.
Old 10-25-2005
my civic gets me pu**y.does yours???

D-Vus CIV can only hope to improve
so when are you planning on lowering ur vic?i may need to lift mine up a bit cuz i can run over a stick of gum and tell you what flavor it is.
Old 10-25-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Originally Posted by soltex

BTW how would i know how low i wana lower it, any springs you reccomend off ebay..
I reccomend neuspeed race springs that's what I have and i'm very happy with them...

Old 10-25-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah your looking at lot of money if you want to do it right and name brand products (unless you know a couple of people). I did mine one thing at a time because I didn't have all the money straight up.

It all depends on how low you want to go? If you want a one inch drop you will not need new shocks. If you go more than one inch you will sooner than later blow your oem shocks and need new ones.

This is the order I went when I was on a budget....
1. First I got the SPC camber kit and put them on.
2. Shock I didn't need because I only dropped it one inch. But if I needed them I would have put them on before the springs.
3. Then I put the springs on.
4. Need an alignment.

Threw out this processes and people get anxious and do it backwards. And then they mess up their tires and have to pay an American Express bill for the next several months because they had to fix it all at once.

Hope this helped. Any more Q's just ask.
Old 10-25-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

I'm on stock shocks with my 2.3" drop and after a year and a half no problems
Believe it or not but my friend derek is still on his stock shocks with no problems haha...
Old 10-25-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

I'm on stock shocks with my 2.3" drop and after a year and a half no problems
Believe it or not but my friend derek is still on his stock shocks with no problems haha...
I was just going off of this http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fa...aq_susp_faq_q7. Okay you got me there Day_Tripper. I know that I don't know a whole bunch about suspension but I was just sharing on what I know so far. Just helping him playing it safe.

BTW both of ya'lls cars look awesome!
Old 10-25-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Thank ya's :-)
Old 10-25-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
another vote for Neuspeed Race... got mine from Peter at Import Auto Performance (he's a vendor on this site, by the way)... great prices, great service, great springs...
Old 10-25-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

Well gee golly that is who I got the Camber kit from.... Import Auto Performance http://www.iapdirect.com/... they are great costomer service and everything. But it is cheaper to get them off of ebay... this will help....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-R...WDVWQQtcZphoto
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

Well i got no money on me right now, working 6 days a week now to get some cash.

What i need to order.

Neuspeed Springs. "Anyone recoomend any off ebay"
Camber Kit
Some Drinks
Some in austin to help me put it on.
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D-Vus CIV
so when are you planning on lowering ur vic?i may need to lift mine up a bit cuz i can run over a stick of gum and tell you what flavor it is.
LOL, since you live in austin, you ever have any problems with austin roads, like scrapping your car at the bottem or something like that. You know how ****edup the roads are over here.

How low is your car btW
Old 10-26-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Well i got no money on me right now, working 6 days a week now to get some cash.

What i need to order.

Neuspeed Springs. "Anyone recoomend any off ebay"
Camber Kit
Some Drinks
Some in austin to help me put it on.
I told you I would drive from SA to put them on... but guess you don't want a girl to work on your car huh...
Old 10-26-2005

im like maybe 3 inches off the ground and scrape the dirt off the ground.i cant even fit a soda can sideways under it.just drive slower and watch the road more.
Old 10-26-2005

day tripper u wanna help me lift mine? lol.
Old 10-26-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by D-Vus CIV

im like maybe 3 inches off the ground and scrape the dirt off the ground.i cant even fit a soda can sideways under it.just drive slower and watch the road more.
damn that is mad low. It looks great though.
Old 10-26-2005
Registered!!

I told you I would drive from SA to put them on... but guess you don't want a girl to work on your car huh...
No its not about that, I said i wil let you all know when i would get them.

It would be ausome to see a girl work on a car. Hehe

WHat kind of tools would i need.??

Quick Reply: AUstin--Anyone will lower my Ride.