AUstin--Anyone will lower my Ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usafcushman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
I told you I would drive from SA to put them on... but guess you don't want a girl to work on your car huh...
you should just come to S.A... i'm usually bored and looking for something to do, so me and kari will hook you up... plus with both of us working, it would take no time at all... just an idea... fvck takin it to a shop, support your fellow 7thGen'ers
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by usafcushman
you should just come to S.A... i'm usually bored and looking for something to do, so me and kari will hook you up... plus with both of us working, it would take no time at all... just an idea... fvck takin it to a shop, support your fellow 7thGen'ers
Hmm yeah i can do that. 100 miles anint that far. Also, would i need to brinf any tools or what??
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

WOuld something like this work??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEUSP...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-27-2005
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
I have skunk2 springs and paid about the same for those nuespeeds and got them off of ebay.. they are good. also be sure to save up for some shocks in the near future. I had to replace mine after about 3 to 4 months. I only changed the rear ones though. the fronts still are fine.. I have the front tokicos chillin in the house waiting to be installed. also get a camber kit.. rear is all that is needed. I wouldn't even bother w/ the front on camber. Just my opinion.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

so you have to replace the, every 4 months
Old 10-27-2005

Originally Posted by soltex
so you have to replace them every 4 months
no, he's saying the stock ones will $hit out on you after 3-4 months... that varies between cars though... mine has been on stock shocks for almost a year with no problems, but some people have issues after a month or two... i definitely recommend some aftermarket shocks (greatly improve ride quality, especially if you're running a low-pro tire...), but they're not a necessity... neither is the camber kit, but if you don't get one, your tires will wear unevenly pretty quickly and you'll end up paying more for new tires than you would have for the camber kit in the first place...

so springs first, then a camber kit if you have camber issues (trust me, with the Race springs, you will have negative camber), then shocks if you need em...

and yeah, those springs on eBay look great, but you'll be paying $160 (incl. shipping) when you can get them from IAP for only $30 more... if you do go eBay, just be 110% sure they're unopened, brand new springs, and that they are the exact ones you think they are, because most of the time, eBay sellers fvck you over with returns, etc... just my $.02...

and no, you wouldn't need any tools... i got a $9000 bonus from Uncle Sam and spent it all at Sears, so i have every Craftsman tool that Bob Vila has ...
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by usafcushman
no, he's saying the stock ones will $hit out on you after 3-4 months... that varies between cars though... mine has been on stock shocks for almost a year with no problems, but some people have issues after a month or two... i definitely recommend some aftermarket shocks (greatly improve ride quality, especially if you're running a low-pro tire...), but they're not a necessity... neither is the camber kit, but if you don't get one, your tires will wear unevenly pretty quickly and you'll end up paying more for new tires than you would have for the camber kit in the first place...

so springs first, then a camber kit if you have camber issues (trust me, with the Race springs, you will have negative camber), then shocks if you need em...

and yeah, those springs on eBay look great, but you'll be paying $160 (incl. shipping) when you can get them from IAP for only $30 more... if you do go eBay, just be 110% sure they're unopened, brand new springs, and that they are the exact ones you think they are, because most of the time, eBay sellers fvck you over with returns, etc... just my $.02...

and no, you wouldn't need any tools... i got a $9000 bonus from Uncle Sam and spent it all at Sears, so i have every Craftsman tool that Bob Vila has ...
Yeah will order from the website. BTW which one do you prefer,
Neuspeed Race or sport.

http://www.iapdirect.com/catalog_ite...ension&catid=3

one more question, how will my ride be compare to stock, better or worse.??
Old 10-27-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
neuspeed race drops you lower
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

neuspeed race drops you lower
So sport would be good for me.
Old 10-28-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
depends
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

depends

hmmm
Old 10-28-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

personally i'd go with the race springs cause I like it lower
Old 10-28-2005

personally i'd go with the race springs cause I like it lower
x 2... but that might change depending on what size rims/tires you have, how much weight is in your car, etc...

my car has no fender gap at all with Race springs and 18"s (40 series tire)...

i recently put my friend's 14"s from a '00 Civic on my car, and it was so low that i couldn't drive over a Coke can laying ON IT'S SIDE with out catching it with the bumper (no body kit)... i drove around for a day or so like that, and not only did i scrape the frame on EVERY speed bump and the bumpers on EVERY inclined surface, i ripped out the oxygen sensor in my catalytic converter when i bottomed out when the road surface dropped going through a construction zone...

moral of the story is: do some research, try to find some pics, and don't buy until you're sure what you want... being pissed cuz your car is stock height is still better then being pissed cuz you spent a bunch of money on springs that you're not happy with...

and as far as ride quality is concerned: that also depends on what shocks you have, what size tire you have, how much extra weight is in your car, etc... i can't speak for every application, but in MY CAR (Race springs, 40-series tire, stock shocks, 500 lb. system), ride quality absolutely 100% sucks lol... my car rides so rough that my CDs skip if i hit reflectors in the road haha... but that's not universal, that's just my issues... again, just do some research... hope this helps... good luck!
Old 10-28-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Wow mine doesn't ride that bad...
Old 11-05-2005
my civic gets me pu**y.does yours???

D-Vus CIV can only hope to improve
oh yeah my ride quality sux *** too.now im draggin so i gots to lift.when are u planning on droppin cuz i need to lift.we could kill two bird with one stone.
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D-Vus CIV
oh yeah my ride quality sux *** too.now im draggin so i gots to lift.when are u planning on droppin cuz i need to lift.we could kill two bird with one stone.

dont know man, still deciding what kind of **** i need.
people, saying get the spring, than they say ahhh THE STOCK SHOCKS ARE GONA BLOW. wtf. I need to replace those too??? Help me out here.
Old 11-06-2005

ok for sure you need the drop springs.anything more than 2 inches dropped needs new struts but u can wait for them to blow first =).camber front and back is also needed.so if u bay anything less than two to two and a half inch drop ur stock struts will do the job.im thinkin i might swap springs here in the next two weeks or so.it depends on when my new ones come in.oh and dont just fly over speed bumps or try to jump curbs for off roading cuz that will fup ur struts faster.
Old 11-06-2005

oh yeah im still rockin my stock struts.oh yeah.but i dropped over 3 inches and i need new struts now.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

oh yeah im still rockin my stock struts.oh yeah.but i dropped over 3 inches and i need new struts now.
So yeah i dont wana drop 2 inches. Just want something that will look nice. hehe. list what i need.

Any idea how my ride will be???

Springs
Camber kit front and back
Old 11-07-2005

wont be bad in some areas of austin but just watch which part of town ur in.streets in some areas are really nasty.ride will depend on what springs u use too.it will feel good unless u use cheap *** ebay no name springs.
Old 11-07-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
yea dont go cheap on suspension. Take about $500.00 if you want to keep costs low, and buy good parts, and installation. Austin's roads for me are terrible and im only 1.4 in. The train tracks, man-holes, pot-holes, and bumps suck bad. The one thing that stands out the most is the stupid bumps you hit going over highways like on braker + mopac. Its almost like they did not connect the bridge correctly or something.
Old 11-09-2005

man i thought i was the only one who thought they didnt connect the bridge right.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

man i thought i was the only one who thought they didnt connect the bridge right.

LOL.
Old 11-11-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

San Antonio has the same problem... I hate the highways here blah
Old 11-14-2005

and yeah on the way to dallas they have the same thing to going on.wtf dont they know i like to roll low. shlt they need to fix that kinda stuff. sometimes its so bad its like driving off stairs. note to all highway builders........use a level