good alarms and good local shops

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
limerence is an unknown quantity at this point
good alarms and good local shops

hey guys,

i'm thinkin about gettin an alarm for my '03 civic coupe. its manual so i'm looking for one where there's remote start. in looking at cliffords, i show that the solaris and avant guard 4 are the only ones with the safe start for manual transmission cars. i like this feature since i dont want to accidentally start the car and it take off on me if i left it in gear. between the two, i'm looking at the solaris. any thoughts? alot of people have been telling me to go with the matrix rs3 but the pager remote isn't a must have for me to shell out the extra money.

secondly, i'm looking for a good shop that can install it for me. i'm trying to stay away from good guys, circuit city, etc because i dont want some rookie installer to learn their first install on my car. so im looking for mom and pop or audio shops that can do a solid job and aren't shady. i've called up some places and have gotten the following price quotes for the solaris with install:

pacific stereo (fremont) - $370
sound systems (san jose) - $399
stereo plus (mountain view) - $325

anyone have good/bad experiences with any of these places or any or recommendations on other shops?

thanks in advance.

-john