WTB: Cleared Stock Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
WTB: Cleared Stock Headlights

Title says it all. Has to be in great condition, no scratches, and does not fog...Anyone?!

Also, I'm still a noob at this modifying ish, but is it legal or illegal to clear your headlights in Cali?! Just wondering...Thanks.

Michael
Old 02-19-2003
Registered!!

AntDeezy is on a distinguished road
ACTUALLY ITS A DO IT YOURSELF THING. THE YELLOW PIECE IN YOUR HAEDLAMP IS A SMALL PIECE OF PLASTIC. YOU CAN TAKE OFF THE FRONT BUMPER REMOVE THE WHOLE HEADLIGHT HOUSING AND THEN TAKE IT APART, REMOVE THE YELLOW PIECE OF PLASTIC, THEN PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER. I DID IT WITHOUT MUCH KNOW HOW AND WITHOUT HELP WITH JUST A COUPLE OF WRENCHES AND A COUPLE OF HOURS (ISH) AND ITS NOT ILLEGAL AT ALL, ONLY IF YOU PUT RED OR BLUE LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENTS
Old 02-19-2003
Registered!!

kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can buy it cleared from Honda Japan. In other countries, the Hybrid has it cleared, but they go for around $120 / each! I was trying to get one from Japan myself. Oh yea, don't forget shipping.

Legal talk wise, it's illegal at least in California. I think it's like a bicycle helmet, cops won't really care unless you get caught for something else. I heard of MANY cases around me where people got a "fix-it" ticket. Either way, looks great, I would take the risk, IF IT"S FREE. $120/each, I don't know about that and if I do clear it... can I just make it normal again once I get a "fix-it"?
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

Yeah, kinda figured it was illegal in cali....Us in Cali must have an amber reflector...I'll check out HondaJapan site, but I'll probably likely get TYC's instead.

Kenji, which part of San Jo you from? I normally go there Sundays at 99 Ranch and Goldilocks (to eat and chill). I'm from Monterey, CA (Near Pebble Beach/Carmel/etc) which is about 50 min. away from San Jo. Any good shops there in San Jo besides Razo n them other shops??? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have an amber signal bulb, those will do just fine.
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
So the amber bulb is legal enough or so you still have to have the orange reflector? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: CiviCoupe2k2
Yeah, kinda figured it was illegal in cali....Us in Cali must have an amber reflector...I'll check out HondaJapan site, but I'll probably likely get TYC's instead.

Kenji, which part of San Jo you from? I normally go there Sundays at 99 Ranch and Goldilocks (to eat and chill). I'm from Monterey, CA (Near Pebble Beach/Carmel/etc) which is about 50 min. away from San Jo. Any good shops there in San Jo besides Razo n them other shops??? Thanks.[hr]
I go to Ranch 99 to get Pearl Tea a lot. I'm from that area, but right now I'm in school at UC, Santa Cruz so I can see the Monterey Bay everyday. Shops around here, I don't know man.. I do all my shopping online. My car's pretty much stock right now anyways. I have a question myself. people are buying those side markers, if we have those, can we clear are headlights?
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

MY HEADLIGHTS ARE CLEARED AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE COPS I HAVE GOT AN TICKET FOR THE BLUE LIGHT BULBS IN THE HEADLIGHTS THOUGH ......
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

UCSC has some pretty nice lookin chickas there...My friend goes there too...Actually haven't been in that campus for a while now. UCSC was one of my choices, but I'll most likely be headed to CSUMB sinces its only 5 min. away from my house. I assume your majoring in science or art???? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

...And yeah, my car is stock as well...Not doing anything performance wise, but as for looks, yup! Hit me up if your in the Monterey area (but be warned, its hella boring here)....Oh does your Civic have rims on it?! Cuz I remember goin' to Ranch 99 and seeing a Silver Coupe with rims and a OEM spoiler??
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

pic of my cleared headlights ....