General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Problem with clearing headlights??? HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWEETRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with clearing headlights??? HELP.

I have decided to tackle clearing my headlights today. They are actually out of the car and apart on my living room floor. I can't get the chrome piece out though? the DIY said to bend the pointed corner back a little but there seems to be no give to it and I don't want to break them? PLEASE HELP! ASAP!!!
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

DarkCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man- you don't have to bend it like it says in the DIY. Just grab the chrome from the top, and manuve it out by pulling up- towards the top of the lense. Pull the fatter end (not the point) out first. You may want to put masking tape over the black stuff so it doesn't get all over theh chrome when pulling out. Check out my lights on the link below- I painted mine! Good luck!
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure you take out the screw in the middle of the chrome on the bottom as well.
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yea,,,,, i did it from the fatter end,,,,,,,, that was probably the hardest part,,,,,,,,
I wouldnt worry about gettin em messy when your taken em out,,,,,,,,,cause you can clean em,,,,,,id worry bout breakin the cjrome,,,,,,,,jmo,,,,,,peace
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2001

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
darkcivic: i really like how u did yer headlites..they look really JDM an they r also unique from everyone else
Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

NightKids2 is an unknown quantity at this point
DarkCivic: What kind of paint did you use for your headlights? They look great. My friend was goin to do something like that for me, but I wasn't too sure about it.
Old 12-04-2001
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
hopefully you have a friend there...if you are having THAT much trouble pulling it out, then it is much easier to have a friend there to hold the outer part down while you are pulling out the chrome piece. Use some masking tape to put around the edges of the outer part so the black sillicone doesnt get on the chrome when you pull it out and put it back in.