Al and Eds

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Al and Eds

I got a flyer sent in the mail from Al-Eds Autosound today that said "you can win up to a $50 dollar gift card" . I peeled of the sticker and I won the $50 dollar prize!!!!!! I don't know if this is a joke or not, but I am going to Al-EDs tomorrow to get my gift card!

I have never bought anything there except when I was desperate for thick speaker wire. Anywayz, what can I get from Al and Eds for 50 bucks...probably nothing because they are so damn expensive...MB Quart QSDs cost 1,499.00 there, and PSDs cost over 500 hundred!!!
Anywayz, maybe I will buy a CD changer cartridge or something [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2002
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats hommie...u could get dynomat..and then sell it...hehe
Old 12-17-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
tweeters.
Old 12-17-2002
Registered!!

SpecV is an unknown quantity at this point
They do that every holdaiy season. If you bought something during the year they will send you one. I got 2 last year and dynomatted my Civic.
Old 12-17-2002
--< GripSpeed Member >--

iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
damn it...i buy stuff from them..and they never said me stuff..bastard...i could have dynomatted my car
Old 12-18-2002
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: iceman
damn it...i buy stuff from them..and they never said me stuff..bastard...i could have dynomatted my car[hr]
Dude, even with the coupon fatmat is cheaper! I got some fatmat and it is the bomb!

Everything at Al-and Eds is over $200...I was maybe thinking about a battery, but hell, my battery works ok.
Old 12-18-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya all you can get with $50 there is a foot of 4 guage wire [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
i do need a distribution block, wanna donate the 'coupon' to me?
j/p...
Old 12-18-2002
The LA Clipper

I may get tinting there since I think they do it. How much does tinting usually cost ( I just want to be sure that i don't get ripped off), and what percent tint can I get on the windows and still be legal??
Old 12-19-2002
The Standard One

you could find a good tint for $150. alot of places charge 150 for a good quality(such as quantum) with lifetime warranty.
some places are even as low as $80.
the rear you could do it as dark as you want. the front you technically cant tint it at all. factory tint is fine tho. but its not like cops are really going to harrass you for the tint anyways.
Old 12-19-2002
The LA Clipper

Cool, thanks! What percent tint would be good for me if I want it dark but not too dark ( or not limo tint dark? )? 20%, 25%, 35%?
Old 12-19-2002
The Standard One

dark but too dark might be something like 25% i would say. i have 20% in the front, you can see a good pic of it here pic #1 pic #2
unlike limo tint, the people outside can still see through it fairly well. but reason i say 25% is at night, if theres no lights on the street, i can hardly see through it so i usually roll down my windows when i make a left turn(so that i dont make it blindly into a tree or something).
Old 12-19-2002
The LA Clipper

Cool, thanks VN! Would it look bad just to tint the back three windows? Does anyone have that on their car with a pic?
Old 12-20-2002
The LA Clipper

I ended up getting an Optima yellow top...I guess I kinda need one since I could be drawing a lot of power with 1500 watts.
Anyway, I hope that I can get it to fit
Old 12-20-2002
The Standard One

how much was the yellow top? heard they cost alot...

i personally hate how it looks with the rears tinted without the front especially on a coupe. but then i usually drive around with them down so its mainly for looks when its parked.
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

SpecV is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI for anyone that plans on useing the Al and Ed's card they have exclusions this year that weren't there last year. The only thing excluded this year is anything from APC (oh no i'm going to die i can't buy ricer stuff) and anything from Monster cable. Honestly the only thing you can get there for $50 is dynomat.
Old 12-20-2002
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: SpecV
Just an FYI for anyone that plans on useing the Al and Ed's card they have exclusions this year that weren't there last year. The only thing excluded this year is anything from APC (oh no i'm going to die i can't buy ricer stuff) and anything from Monster cable. Honestly the only thing you can get there for $50 is dynomat.[hr]
Very true! I have been wanting a new battery to replace my puny Civic battery. I have about 20 feet of fatmat leftover, so I definantly didn't need dynomat.