Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xmyzteriousx will become famous soon enough
Cold Air Intake

So I want a cold air intake, preferrably Injen or AEM, but I heard that if I were to make any modifications to my engine then my warranty wouldn't be honored anymore. Plus, I don't know how much it would be to get it installed, and I don't want to pay a whole lot extra to get the job done..

But I need an Intake first so if someone knows where they have good quality and legit priced ones, and if someone knows how to instal one, then let me know! I will pay you, no worries..

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cold Air Intake

do you drive an auto or manual?
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

procivic.com's based in cali, they're prices are decent. intake shouldnt void your warranty unless your dealers mad strict, even then if something breaks and they won't honor the warranty because of your intake, THEY have to prove it was infact the intake that caused the breakage. and no, i have nothing to back up what i say haha
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
do you drive an auto or manual?

I drive an automatic man
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dryft
procivic.com's based in cali, they're prices are decent. intake shouldnt void your warranty unless your dealers mad strict, even then if something breaks and they won't honor the warranty because of your intake, THEY have to prove it was infact the intake that caused the breakage. and no, i have nothing to back up what i say haha
0 I see. That's a good point and I'll make sure to keep that in mind. Haha it's ok! Though it's your opinion, I think it's legit enough to keep the proper grounds at the dealership if they create a fuss or blame the intake for unneccesary reasons. =]
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

not an opinion, i read it somewhere i just cant remember where, lemme go c if i can find it right quick b4 i leave work
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

12. The Magnusson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975 protects consumers from such fraudulent activity by new car dealers. Under this Act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure. The easiest way to check this is to look in your owner's manual under, "what is notcovered". Under Magnusson-Moss Act a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before they can deny warranty coverage. If they cannot prove such claim-or offer an explanation- it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission (202.326.3128) administers the Magnusson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law. Ct cause of the failure. The easiest way to check this is to look in your owner's -Moss Act a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs

http://www.injen.com/docs/injen/cont...aq_landing#six
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

not an opinion, i read it somewhere i just cant remember where, lemme go c if i can find it right quick b4 i leave work
Hahaha ok. I'm at work too. =|
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

i'd also like to vouch for procivic.com, i got my camber kit from them, but then i didnt even need a front camber kit anyways...
but keeping shopping around, there can be better deals, especially on HID kits

Last edited by kcari; 05-30-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kcari
i'd also like to vouch for procivic.com, i got my camber kit from them, but then i didnt even need a front camber kit anyways...
but keeping shopping around, there can be better deals, especially on HID kits
Hmm yeh Imma check em out.

Yeh I saw some cool ones but I allready let you know my take on online stuff..I'll consider it though.
Old 05-30-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

get an aem v2... its pretty sick.

You can buy a used intake, just buy a new filter. Buying a new intake is pretty damn expensive. I did it, bugh the V2 when it first came out and got hosed, 250+ bucks. Man, they go for like 90 bucks used now... crazy. Stay away from ebay intakes. Some ppl on here like them... but... its controversial I'll say. I dont like them- even if you do replace its filter.
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xmyzteriousx

I drive an automatic man
the only legit cold air intake that will work with your automatic vic is injen... and if you need help installing the intake, me and my buddies can help you out... i will gladly help out a fellow 7thgen member

Last edited by mrtrinh; 05-31-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted

So I want a cold air intake, preferrably Injen or AEM, but I heard that if I were to make any modifications to my engine then my warranty wouldn't be honored anymore. Plus, I don't know how much it would be to get it installed, and I don't want to pay a whole lot extra to get the job done..

But I need an Intake first so if someone knows where they have good quality and legit priced ones, and if someone knows how to instal one, then let me know! I will pay you, no worries..

Thanks!
FYI: Just to make your life easier stick with a SRI b/c its way easy to install and you do not have to worry about water getting into your engine causing hydro-lock during the winter.
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

12. The Magnusson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975 protects consumers from such fraudulent activity by new car dealers. Under this Act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure. The easiest way to check this is to look in your owner's manual under, "what is notcovered". Under Magnusson-Moss Act a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before they can deny warranty coverage. If they cannot prove such claim-or offer an explanation- it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission (202.326.3128) administers the Magnusson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law. Ct cause of the failure. The easiest way to check this is to look in your owner's -Moss Act a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs

http://www.injen.com/docs/injen/cont...aq_landing#six

Wow. Perfect. Thanks man
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
get an aem v2... its pretty sick.

You can buy a used intake, just buy a new filter. Buying a new intake is pretty damn expensive. I did it, bugh the V2 when it first came out and got hosed, 250+ bucks. Man, they go for like 90 bucks used now... crazy. Stay away from ebay intakes. Some ppl on here like them... but... its controversial I'll say. I dont like them- even if you do replace its filter.

I see. Well that doesn't sound bad at all. I'm going to see what's out there but if I were to buy it offline, then I'd think that a new one would be a better bet because I don't know about these online deals..
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

the only legit cold air intake that will work with your automatic vic is injen... and if you need help installing the intake, me and my buddies can help you out... i will gladly help out a fellow 7thgen member

Hmm ok a lot of difference of opinion here lol and ...ahh!

I don't know what to go with..Well thanks for the offer man. But how well do you know how to install one and how good are you at it?!
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by karlozc2003
FYI: Just to make your life easier stick with a SRI b/c its way easy to install and you do not have to worry about water getting into your engine causing hydro-lock during the winter.
Hmm.. What's an SRI exactly ?

Heard of it but never really cared to think about it much lol
Old 05-31-2008
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

SRI = Short Ram Intake

why do you need an intake anyway...wont do much but give you a louder deeper tone under acceleration not much HP gain for the money
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
SRI = Short Ram Intake

why do you need an intake anyway...wont do much but give you a louder deeper tone under acceleration not much HP gain for the money
Well because I'd like one in my car and I think it'd be worth it
Old 05-31-2008
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

haha ok fair enough
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Hmm ok a lot of difference of opinion here lol and ...ahh!

I don't know what to go with..Well thanks for the offer man. But how well do you know how to install one and how good are you at it?!
if you want a cold air then injen is your only option because they are the only company that designed their intake so it can fit it around the automatic transmission. AEM cold air will not fit with your auto tranny. with a short ram intake you can use any brand you'd like because you wont have to worry about fitment... and installing it is pretty easy, you really cant go wrong with, it goes in only one way.
Old 05-31-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Check out fujita, i think they made an AT CAI
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

thats right i forgot about them, they do make an AT cai... but i dont think they're carb legal like aem and injen
Old 05-31-2008
Premium Member

http://www.f5air.com/applications.html

CA-1906A
2001-2005 Civic Dx, Lx, Ex, Automatic Cold Air

Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mkymonkey
haha ok fair enough
Yeh

But um yeh SRI doesn't sound bad..
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

if you want a cold air then injen is your only option because they are the only company that designed their intake so it can fit it around the automatic transmission. AEM cold air will not fit with your auto tranny. with a short ram intake you can use any brand you'd like because you wont have to worry about fitment... and installing it is pretty easy, you really cant go wrong with, it goes in only one way.
Yeh I think I like the sound of an SRI. If it's easy to install and as I've heard keeps the water out for sure, then I'd rather get that. Plus, I can watch and learn something new. =D
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

Damn...so many options..

All I heard was that Injen and AEM were good. But if I go with a SRI, it doesn't what brand or type I get..

so yeh I ono
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

0h by the way guys...I'm a girl...so it explains somewhat of my confused state of mind on most of this car stuff...but that's no excuse....and don't underestimate. =D

And thanks everybody. Very helpful!
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

To recap...

Cold Air Intake (CAI) options:
Injen
Fujita

Short Ram Intake (SRI) options:
Injen
AEM
K&N
Just about any SRI made for the 01-05 Civics

If I were you, I'd just buy a cheap eBay SRI and a high quality filter from K&N or AEM.
$200 + on an intake for our Civics is not worth it power wise and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much just for sound.
Old 05-31-2008
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
To recap...

Cold Air Intake (CAI) options:
Injen
Fujita

Short Ram Intake (SRI) options:
Injen
AEM
K&N
Just about any SRI made for the 01-05 Civics

If I were you, I'd just buy a cheap eBay SRI and a high quality filter from K&N or AEM.
$200 + on an intake for our Civics is not worth it power wise and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much just for sound.
Totally agree with you ! I got my weapon R secret intake for about $100 shipped from a vic member on here. If you get a SRI get a weapon R.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake