Gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xmyzteriousx will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Gas

Well as we all know, gas has unfortunately become very high.

BUT, there are some places that offer reasonable prices for good gas..

So why don't we help one another out and name some places where they have exceptional offers?

I usually go to the Arco on Lambert and Harbor by the Home Depot. I think they have all right prices.

0h by the way, anyone know any legit gas stations in Irvine? I recently started working here and am not as familiar with this area as I am with my own. So yeh

Old 05-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Gas

http://www.gasbuddy.com/
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Wow. Tight website. Thanks, solves the problem
Old 05-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Ya, I have a computer in my car that's set up to pull from that site. All I have to do is hit GAS and it displays a list of the cheapest gas in proximity to me based on GPS location.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Wow. I want that.

What computer system thing do you have? Is it navigation ?
Old 05-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Ya, there's some detailed threads of my car on this forum. I also did a Carputer D.I.Y. here.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

0h allright I see it in your signature. That's really legit!!
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

arco seems to have raelly cheap gas in my area. i only buy from this one specific shell location because its close to home, roomy, and the entrance/exit points arent too steep.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Gas stations in Irvine are, generally, a hell of a lot more expensive than elsewhere. I usually get gas in Fountain Valley where its usually 5 to 10 cents cheaper at shell or chevron (I dont like arco gas).
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Gas stations in Irvine are, generally, a hell of a lot more expensive than elsewhere. I usually get gas in Fountain Valley where its usually 5 to 10 cents cheaper at shell or chevron (I dont like arco gas).
i feel ya man, i also live in irvine and i usually fill up in westminister/fountain valley... btw i think arco gas is shitty, feels watered down and burns real fast
Old 05-27-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

lol. i got back from a cross country road trip about a month ago...it didn't matter where i got the gas from, since i'd most likely be using all of it that day, so i just looked for whatever was cheapest when i needed it! lol.

Calfornia to North Carolina To Pennsylvania to North Carolina To California!
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
i feel ya man, i also live in irvine and i usually fill up in westminister/fountain valley... btw i think arco gas is shitty, feels watered down and burns real fast
Well said!

I broke down (mentally) and decided it would be easier to use arco just once since I was there and forgot to turn off at shell. I had the credit card out and ready to go. Stuck it in the card reader and the stupid **** ****ed machine decided I needed a 50 some odd cent debit charge. That did it. Stormed off and went to the shell and got gas for 3 cents cheaper. **** Arco.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Yeh that's true I was actually looking at that website that Dex put up and Irvine is pretty expensive. It sucks though because I work at a company on like the border of Irvine and Newport so it's just an expensive area overall.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

L0L wow so what's wrong with Arco guys?! I think it's all right..
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

SpiderX1016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xmyzteriousx
L0L wow so what's wrong with Arco guys?! I think it's all right..
Some say that it's "Watered down" and your gas is gone quicker.
Some say that it ruins your car.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

I dunno. Whenever I use arco it seems (to me) to make my car run worse.

Mysterious, you should change your font color to something more readable. That gray is making my eyes go crazy.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Arco is cheap because it doesn't have any sort of additive package, unlike your Shell's and Chevron's supposedly do. Which if all of that is true, I assume it is, then low detergent gas will cause more carbon build up in less miles than "good" gas. I just fill up wherever is close for me, but I do try to avoid Arco. Five cents is like a 50 cent difference in a fill up, personally I don't give a **** about 50 cents.
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

i remember the good ol' days where i could fill up my civic for 24$... now im paying $40+ for my vic, ridiculous
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SpiderX1016
Some say that it's "Watered down" and your gas is gone quicker.
Some say that it ruins your car.

Hmm I don't know. I guess I'll pay more attention then. I just thought that my car was drinking it up fast.

Plus, when you go over the speed of 3, as so I've heard, your gas goes faster. I don't know if that's true or not..
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

I dunno. Whenever I use arco it seems (to me) to make my car run worse.

Mysterious, you should change your font color to something more readable. That gray is making my eyes go crazy.
L0L wow. Well I'm honored to make your eyes go crazy.
Hahaha jp. The gray just matched my picture and I couldn't use silver, though that's my favorite color, so I picked gray since it's closer. Lol yeh I know.. =D

Yeh one guy had a problem with my font as well, except he was sort of in uh shock? because I actually change my font color. Now, when that option is available, why not use it? Well anyway lol
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

0h so recently I've been usuing Chevron//Shell to fill up. Well this Saturday night I bought $45 worth of gas @ a Shell gas station by the Cerritos Mall. After I filled up, I drove a couple more miles down South St then drove home down 0rangethorpe to..wherever I live. Then the next day, yesterday, I drove out to the Puente Hills Mall, went to eat @ the Alcapulco right by it, drove a friend home to Claremont, and then went home. I made little trips near my house to stores and banks but they were within 5 miles of my house.

My gas went down 1/4 and I was a little surprised because my gas has NEVER gone down that much so fast. It felt like it was just disappearing. I expected it to be more 1/6 down. I thought Shell was good ?
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

i've never had any problems with arco gas. and i have poured that stuff in my car since i got my license and first car(sis hand me down 91 miata)(10 yrs ago). shoot, i remember those days when gas was around $1.20/gallon for regular. those were the good ole' days. i loved that car because of the gas mileage(that thing sipped gas). i was sad when i sold that car......

Last edited by johnbt23; 06-09-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

^^Yeh I was using arco but eveyrone said it was watered down gas. So I started using Chevron and Shell and... I don't know..
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

^^Yeh I was using arco but eveyrone said it was watered down gas. So I started using Chevron and Shell and... I don't know..
i dont care wut anyone says about arco, i haven't had any problems with arco gas for 10+ years.
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by johnbt23
i dont care wut anyone says about arco, i haven't had any problems with arco gas for 10+ years.
Wow. Well I don't know. I'm confused on what's good..But I have felt a difference after using Chevron. Feels goood. =]
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

Wow. Well I don't know. I'm confused on what's good..But I have felt a difference after using Chevron. Feels goood. =]
i've used chevron a couple times. i never saw or felt a difference between that and arco. i've also used shell a couple times too, and like wut u said, it seemed like my gas gauge would go down faster using shell gas.

Last edited by johnbt23; 06-09-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

i've used chevron a couple times. i never saw or felt a difference between that and arco. i've also used shell a couple times too, and like wut u said, it seemed like my gas gauge would go down faster using shell gas.
0hh hmm then I am right. Chevron feels good though. I like it. Screw Shell. =]
Old 06-09-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
0hh hmm then I am right. Chevron feels good though. I like it. Screw Shell. =]
Mmm, whats it feel like?

shoot, i remember those days when gas was around $1.20/gallon for regular. those were the good ole' days.

Shoot, I remember when it was 99 cents, and 5 bucks filled up half your tank- not 5 bucks giving you only one gallon.
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Mmm, whats it feel like?

Shoot, I remember when it was 99 cents, and 5 bucks filled up half your tank- not 5 bucks giving you only one gallon.
yeah, i remember when gas was .99 cents, but it was $1.20 when i started driving.
Old 06-09-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

i just fill up whenever i need to. they all feel the same to me. plus premium gas makes me feel i am burning more gas.

Quick Reply: Gas