City fix my wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice
City fix my wheels?

I just bent my 2 of my rims in 2 seconds...............i was heading to hollywood video to drop off a late movie. It was about midnight and as i was driving i noticed there were orange cones and lights off on the sidewalk. As i drove by at about 30 i nailed the biggest pothole. It shook the whole car and sounded like a ****ing explosion. i dropped off the movie and notice my rim was bent. After shouting every swear i could think of i headed back to the scene of the crime and apparently the city took out a rectangular section of the street which stretched about halfway into the lane. The hole was filled with water and there is no way anyone would be able to see it 10ft away. Those orange cones were on the sidewalk.......no where near the huge half a lane section taken out of the road. Basically do i have any recourse against the city? how the hell do i complain to the city about this?

mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa fixed 80,173 potholes my ***.....too bad none of them were in the san fernando valley

Last edited by spudz904; 01-07-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice
Re: City fix my wheels?

what do you think it might cost to get it repaired?
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

take some pics of the pothole and the damage to your rim down to city hall
Old 01-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ yes... that pothole will be filled before you know it and you wont have anything saying that your right.
Old 01-07-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

take a close look at ur tires too, its possible they were damaged too, but ya, take pics of everything, including the location of the cones and whatnot
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

i hit this going 30 on 215/45/17..................

alright thx for the suggestions i think i will head down to city hall. i don't think anything will happen but its worth a shot
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

wow thats ridiculous, i say you have a good chance with this pic.
Old 01-07-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

cant hurt to try, just bitch till u get something, even if its lunch with some official, or forcibly kicked out, that would be awesome
Old 01-07-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Keep us updated.
Old 01-07-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

IF you're bored enough, and have a video camera, go sit out there, and take video of other cars going through there, hitting the 'maintenance location'

talk to a lawyer too, if you know any, or hang around their office around the end of their day! (catch them on the way to their car, and ask for their quick opinion)
Old 01-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

thats a good one, they should have a metal plate over that or something.
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

Good luck ...

i bent my wheel on a pothole in north hollywood several months back ... i took pics of it and the city sent me a claims form which i turned it in with the pics and receipt(s) of the wheel, tires, and a brief explanation.

long story short, i went off and bought a new wheel and tire and am still waiting for the check.

Last edited by kuNhoHan; 01-09-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2008
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted

The exact thing happened to my friend car. He took picture of the pot hole and his bent rim, took it to La city hall and they replied by saying that since he has after market rims and tires, city will not pay for the damages. I think it's kinda true because if he drive stock tires/rims, this would not happen.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TuffVietta
The exact thing happened to my friend car. He took picture of the pot hole and his bent rim, took it to La city hall and they replied by saying that since he has after market rims and tires, city will not pay for the damages. I think it's kinda true because if he drive stock tires/rims, this would not happen.
tuffvietta is correct... modifying your car only makes it more prone to getting damaged. look at it this way, you lower your car and you then try to go down a big dip and end up tearing off your bumper. can you go sue the city for making the dip to deep? one thing i dont get though is how you miss a pothole that size. i drive on the streets and i dodge potholes half those size or drive slower over them.
Old 01-11-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kuNhoHan
Good luck ...

i bent my wheel on a pothole in north hollywood several months back ... i took pics of it and the city sent me a claims form which i turned it in with the pics and receipt(s) of the wheel, tires, and a brief explanation.

long story short, i went off and bought a new wheel and tire and am still waiting for the check.

potholes are one thing...This hole was deliberately cut by a public works crew it looks like, and they should have had something on their trucks to cover the hole if they weren't planning on finishing the job right away
Old 01-11-2008
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough

I think you go to the city clerks office. and yeah they'll give you a claim form.
it takes months.. its like rebate checks, you know file it and forget it and hope you get your money type deals.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TuffVietta
But by this logic if they hadn't of "modified" the road this wouldn't of happened in the first place.
Old 01-12-2008
Registered!!

^^haha

tuffvietta is correct... modifying your car only makes it more prone to getting damaged. look at it this way, you lower your car and you then try to go down a big dip and end up tearing off your bumper. can you go sue the city for making the dip to deep? one thing i dont get though is how you miss a pothole that size. i drive on the streets and i dodge potholes half those size or drive slower over them.
yea i understand what ur saying but that is clearly not a pothole. DWP tore up the street and did not clearly indicate that they worked on the street and i didn't see it because it was midnight and the MASSIVE HOLE was filled with water because it was raining. That side of the street is really low so its always filled with water, i just thought it was a puddle not a MASSIVE RIM BENDING SOB HOLE

i've been lazy but today i'll do something about it and post it up
Old 01-13-2008
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice

that **** should be covered and the city fu@#$ up on this one. they better pay u for the damage. a metal plate over it would not hurt them. i would be strong about this. they shouldnt get away with that, freakin bastards! i've curbed my wheels on a turn, but cant do anything wit it cuz it was my fault. oh btw: does anyone know a good rim repair shop in so cal?