Installing Rsx-s rear Sway bar ISSUES..need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TuffVietta should not be trusted
Installing Rsx-s rear Sway bar ISSUES..need help!

So, I just installed the RSX-s rear sway bar this weekend. I put as much grease as possible and I tight all the nuts as TIGHT as possible, so tight that i actually broke one of the screw. Anyhow, the car is great in handling and no noise on smooth road but when i start hitting bumpy road, i hear a clanging metal noise, it's like something is hittin in the back of my car. I don't have an exaust or muffler so it shouldnt be that. Maybe because my car is too low since i'm on Tein SS right now?? Is this from the rear sway bar? I'm just so frustrated..need help please

What do you guys think?
Old 07-18-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
yea the larger swaybars with drops hit the exhaust often times...mine does every once in a while...i have a 22mm type r rear sway too
Old 07-18-2006
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
dont over torque the nuts.......make sure u dont installed upside down...
Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
i'm sure it's not upside down. It just when i drive on bumpy road i start hearing little bit of clangy noise, not too loud but it's hella annoying. Not sure of what to do next. I might try to put some rubber on that muffer part that's close to the sway bar and hopefully the noise will go away.
Old 07-18-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
exhaust could be hitting it ... broken endlinks ...
Old 07-18-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TuffVietta
i'm sure it's not upside down. It just when i drive on bumpy road i start hearing little bit of clangy noise, not too loud but it's hella annoying. Not sure of what to do next. I might try to put some rubber on that muffer part that's close to the sway bar and hopefully the noise will go away.

Don't put rubber unless you want a stinky smell and nasty mess.

Here are some ideas:

1. See where the mufler and swat bar are hitting and dent in some of the muffler tubing to allow for more play room.
or
2. Wrap fiberglass header wrap on the area on the muffler tubing or the sway bar. This will reduce the metal to metal sound.
Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
He is running stock exhaust system. I have a magnaflow catback with 2.25 inch piping and my rsx sway bar never hits the piping at all. I have no noises what so ever. But i am at stock height.

Could it be that he is too lowered? Should he raise it up a little?