Tech Day and BBQ kick back! Sunday JAN 22nd '06!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Tech Day and BBQ kick back! Sunday JAN 22nd '06!

SUNDAY JANUARY 22ND, 12 pm

Korea Town, Los angeles

UPDATE: Ok heres how im gonna do this once enough people show up and i get confirmation from calls who is on thier way ill go out (maybe with some of u guys) to the market to pickup the meat and stuff....

also since there are so many people wanting to come we can bbq at my place than we can take a little cruise down to downtown to my office were i have a large open parking lot which is pretty level we can all work on the cars there....we have outlets for power and i have tools there too, not to mention 2 bathrooms haha...anyways we can work there after we eat and chill for a bit

im down to host a bbq and tech day at my pad sometime this month...ill provide the bbq and some beer just pitch in $10 to cover most expenses depending on how many people would want to show up...you could bring something to help the kick back out if you like but there will still be a small cover

i just gotta warn you that if your car has a body kit, or has been lowered the car will scrape on my driveway because its freakin steep as hell but once ur up there its all good...if you have a kit we can always take it off (i've been able to take a front bumper off my 04 civic in less than 10 mins) before entering

if we do this early we can do anything from springs/ shock install, strut bars, auto body repair, painting mirrors, body kits, lip kits, etc (lip kits and body kits we're prolly gonna have to get some street parking and do that cuz u wont be able to get you car off my lot without scraping the **** out of it)

i have a lot of tools but more tools the better (thinking about gettin an air compressor and renting an impact wrench if we need it)

we can do any autobody work....i have a little bit of bondo and stuff too paint steelies and whatnot anything

so far:
1 ragingSPAM
2 7thGenerasianCivic
3 goodtimes
4 pennyknotoff
5 aznboysrfr
6 dannn
7 spoonEM
8 eyegiant
9 dru106
10 TemjinX2
11 dopes6070
12 kimchi29
13 VNlilMan
14 dajackal
15 xkimsungminx
16 HondaLuver
17 nodnero
18 DestnationUnkwn
19 monkeyness

one thing i cant stress more tho is my driveway is very very steep and narrow...im dropped on saggy H&R's and i have a stock body any my bumper touches the driveway ramp than when i go up my stock exhast scrapes at the peak of the driveway and my muffler if i go too fast will scrape the sidewalk...but taking it slowly will work without damages

im just worried about u guys with lip kits and body kits we can always try to remove it before u go up heh which i doubt....and most cars can go up my driveway backwards without a problem i have to say its probably at a 38 degree angle so we'll figure something out...i can always put something on the ground so the concrete wont scrape

One more thing i have to point out (thank you DestnationUnkwn) since this is gonna be a day of DIY projects and stuff anyone who agrees to come and shows up is liable for only his or herself. Any Damage done to other's cars will be the responsibility of the owner to take care of the matter with the damaging person(s)...by comming on my property i am not responsible if anyone gets hurt, cars accidently (which i doubt will happen) get damaged, or any other mishaps i might have missed, but hey lets all get some grub and have some fun on sunday! i hope you all understand the terms of agreement hehehehe thanks, hope to see ya there and this is just and "incase ****" heh to cover everyone

i have band aids, neosporin, and rubbing alcohol...if you get burned i have frozen food to put on it hahah...i can handle minor injuries but i dunt wanna call an ambulance over cuz thats 900 bucks

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 01-23-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
**** I'll be down.
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
tyte...im in k-town so there is a lot to do around here too
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

if people are down than ill pm the list of people comming my address cuz i dont wanna post it up for the world to see heh...

i have a pretty big lot and from looking at it we can prolly do about 6 cars total plus there is street parking (if you can find it cuz my neighbors in thier apartments hog all the street parking)
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
so is this the meet that robbie is seting up or are going to make anouther one befor that one?
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

its another small meetup at my house not the park...im just thinkin of invintin u guys over to meet u guys and kick it while grillin some meat and workin on cars...a little informal introduction before february 4th as in sometime this month...most likley on the 21st or 22nd
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
aw i see cool
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Sounds cool I might be down. I'll be sure by the end of the week
Old 01-09-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
ah, you don't have to post your address, but where in LA are you?

LA is pretty broad ... closer to USC or closer to SFV?
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

um...somewhere in the middle...haha Ktown to be exact...i work near USC in downtown next to the court heh...
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
KOREAN BBQ!!!!~~~

nooOoOo... i wish i still lived in So-Cal. sounds like a pretty cool idea though.

there better be more meets like this when I move back down...
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

oh definitley...but its hard for me to find an open weekend...its just this month is particularly open for me

so when is everyone down for 21st or 22nd?...its either a sat or sunday...either day is open once we decide on a good date for everyone ill edit the title and make it an unofficial mini meetup tech day/bbq

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 01-09-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
you know im there. If you can get a compressor, I have an air ratchet that makes quick work of just about anything. Anyone who wants to do springs....I can do a full spring install in less than an hour! So I can do multiple installs if necessary.

I also need to replace my top mount on one of my coilovers, so I guess Ill just wait and do it then.

Also, I have 2 full sets of stock struts/springs for sale if anyone needs them.
One set is for 01-02, the other set is for 03-05. I can bring them with me if anyone needs these. anyways....count me in!!!
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
pm me when you find out what day exactly i have some body work i need to fix with my kit
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

tyte...i saw a 2 gallon compressor for sale for 50 bucks at pepboys so im gonna see if i can get it

i guess ill make it a saturday thing since a lot of people are busy on sundays and they gotta work on monday 21st it is! unless otherwise needed
Old 01-09-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Haha!!! Are you guys able to do trannys?? Could it be towed to your house?? lol.........
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
I Am Hella Down For That, As Long As It's On A Sunday. If Someone Has A Heat Gun To Help Me Do My Headlights, It's All Good.
Old 01-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

i wish i could do a tranny...no tools for that job tho...hmm how does everyone feel about doin it sunday?...if it means more people than sure why not but my lot is only so big
Old 01-09-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Sunday!!!
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
I Say Sunday Too.
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
I need a type-s front and progress rear sway install w/ greys endlinks
Old 01-09-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
i can tackle the sways! haha. Anyone wanna tackle my headlights? I cant get them to stop leaking.
Old 01-10-2006
I just burnt my tongue

sunday it is!...22nd

damn a lot of people...i can fit about 6-7 cars tops on the concrete driveway to be worked on i guess we'll have to figure out who is gonna leave first and let them park last heh...i have a set of jackstands and if u guys can bring more stands and hydrollic jacks

i can try to do the headlights...we can get some liquid nails from home depot...best part about living in ktown is everything is so damn close

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 01-10-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

haha...word. Well, i have 2 jackstands as well as a hydraulic jack...so you can add that to the list!
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i'm down. i haven't gone to a meet since i moved back from nor cal. I dont really need any work done, unless one of you guys are good with electrical stuff, i need a harness made. I can bring drinks or something. Jsut let me know what you need.

-Mike
Old 01-10-2006
I just burnt my tongue

anything mang...its just a little informal introduction and kickback...bring some food or drink or like around 10 bucks or so to cover the meat and some beer
Old 01-10-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

coronas of course! lol
Old 01-10-2006
I just burnt my tongue

that works...my bro and i will take care of some beer and we'll probably get some korean bbq unmarinated short ribs, or some burgers or hotdogs...
Old 01-10-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

do some burgers for us white boys!
Old 01-10-2006
I just burnt my tongue

aiite...damn imma have to go to costco get a case or 2 of soda, buns and burgers and cervezas

Quick Reply: Tech Day and BBQ kick back! Sunday JAN 22nd '06!