f the police

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005
unique conformist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dannn will become famous soon enough
f the police

alright so i got pulled over tonight
they gave me a fix it ticket for my radar detector saying it was blocking my view
they told me the law is that you cant have anything blocking your field of vision
i already knew this but i wanted to know what it applied to.
so if this applies to ANYTHING then why did they have to point out that its a radar detector on the ticket?
when i go get it confirmed cant they just check to see that i have NOTHING on the windshield? i dont get it
i think they were just being asses about it.

f the police
(just the ones that gave me the ticket, not the police as a whole)
Old 08-27-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
a cop will nitpick you if he's having a bad day
Old 08-27-2005
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/ca...ebody=&hits=20
just look up the code and it'll tell you exactly what it is... its kind of hard to understand, sometimes i have to read it 100 times in order to figure out what they mean...

just make sure it says correctable. one of my front tint tickets was marked non-correctable and its freakin $110...

a fix it ticket is only $10. pretty much yeah all you have to do is, take it off, go to chp and mail it in.
Old 08-27-2005
unique conformist

CA VC 26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.

(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.
(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.
ok then the rest of the VC describes what type of winshield films you can have and what not, it doesnt apply to this so its left out.

alright so a radar detector is basically a device that recieves radar waves. same thing as a FM/AM radio that receives radio waves. they are the same, able to receive a wave that it is tuned to. the difference is that a radar detector can also transmit signals that can be received.
a radar detector doesnt jsut receive radar waves, it transmits them as well

the VG-2, used by law enforcement across the country, is a device that can detect a radar detector because it is tuned to the specific frequency.

quote from pnicorp.com regarding their radar detector
"VG-2 is a radar detector-sensing device used by law enforcement to identify vehicles equipped with radar detectors in instances and locations where they are not legal (such as in vehicles over 10,000 lbs. or in Virginia and Washington D.C.). The VG-2 interceptors work by detecting emissions generated by radar detectors within a certain frequency range."

as you can see radar detectors are communication devices that use radar frequencies to communicate. i believe the vehicle code 26708 was intended to prevent people from having huge air fresheners or ridiculous decorations in their vehicles. no where in the code does it mention the use of radar detectors.

the description of my infraction:
26708(A)(2) Radar detector attached to windshield impairing view.

hmm i smell bs. if the code says that i cant have ANYTHING impairing my view why didnt they just state that there was an object installed in my vehicle that impairs my view.
some might justify that the judge will need to know WHAT to look for. which is really not the case because they would just have to look for ANYTHING thats on the windshield. so if my windshield is clear at time of inspection that would be it.

so technically i can show up to court with a huge sticker blocking my view and they cant do anything about it cuz the citation is for a radar detector. they would have to issue a new citation. i would love to see that happen.
Old 08-27-2005
unique conformist

Originally Posted by VNlilMAN
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/ca...ebody=&hits=20
just look up the code and it'll tell you exactly what it is... its kind of hard to understand, sometimes i have to read it 100 times in order to figure out what they mean...

just make sure it says correctable. one of my front tint tickets was marked non-correctable and its freakin $110...

a fix it ticket is only $10. pretty much yeah all you have to do is, take it off, go to chp and mail it in.
wait what would determine if its correctable or not
the officer told me it was correctable but when i got home and looked at the ticket it said its not. wtf is that?
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
not so bad . i got a phuckin 90 in a 65 zone 700 am today . damn what a phuckin week .
Old 08-27-2005
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i got an 83 in a 55, it was like a 300 ticket
but hey seriously, your luck had to run out sometime.
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

UTICivic will become famous soon enoughUTICivic will become famous soon enough
Ontario police?? FIGURES!!!!
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

yea thats true i been drivin like an idiot for a couple years , and damn i guess im lookin at around 300 too . suuucks
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

im paying 230 a month right now for insurance , any idea on how much more im gonna have to pay now ?
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

Hypnotized is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic4dizoor
not so bad . i got a phuckin 90 in a 65 zone 700 am today . damn what a phuckin week .

omfg! lmfao. I got a 90 in a 65 freeway zone and the ******* cop added a window tint to it too.
4 Tickets in one month:
Speed Contest
Right Turn w/o blinker
59 in a 25 construction zone
90 in 65 freeway + tint on same ticket
Old 08-27-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hypnotized
omfg! lmfao. I got a 90 in a 65 freeway zone and the ******* cop added a window tint to it too.
4 Tickets in one month:
Speed Contest
Right Turn w/o blinker
59 in a 25 construction zone
90 in 65 freeway + tint on same ticket
doesn't construction zone ticket doubles?
man, that's gonna be a lot. and you are 30+mph over.
Old 08-29-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i remember my speeding ticket of 101 in a 65...

ended up getting reduced to 79 in a 65 and traffic school, fine of 110$. no points
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i just had my ticket come in for going around 92 in a max 70 from san diego to phoenix but the cop was nice and wrote for going 82 so my ticket was only 116 but its been less then 18 months so cant go to traffic school for this one
Old 08-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
you got a ticket for a right turn without a blinker no one uses them in so cal that was stupid i mean do the cops always remember i doubt it so why ticket someone for the same mistake you would make