my civic got keyed 2night

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
my civic got keyed 2night

yea someone keyed my car 2night....it's from the rear corner panel to the end of the passenger side door. the mark is thin... doesnt look like a car key. not deep, but deep enough to take out the paint.

when i found out, i took it pretty well....i was kinda pissed, but wasnt yelling mad. i was thinkin to myself, why get myself all rowdy up...when really that not gonna change anything.

is there anything solution to this w/o taking to a body shop. isnt there like a wax that were u apply and it covers the mark w/ ur car color...or something like that.

and if i had to take to it the shop...how much would it be?
Old 01-16-2005
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh, someone keyed my trunk a while ago, deep.....like 12 inch long.
you can get some touch up paint, then lightly sandin off the paint.......i got quoted about $300 for them to repaint, kinda too much.....i just leave it like that ever since.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

xstrghstx2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
depends how deep it went, if it is just threw the clear coat i would use a wax rubbing compound and see if that will work. If that doesnt work yuo know it is threw the clear and onto the paint. At that point you will need to get some paint from a shop and touch it up. Body shop will be expensive.
Old 01-16-2005
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
mission vijeo tooo
wow
isnt that a rich place?
cant imagine something bad happening there, just like irvine
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
You will most likely have to respray the entire quarter panel, blend the door and maybe the trunk lid also. Depends if the mark is high or low. Rough estimate is probably around $300 ish. Touch up paints will look like crap IMO. Just take it to a body shop if you want it done right.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Hippiboy is an unknown quantity at this point
i been keyed 5 times. Here is how you check to see if u can use rubbing compound to take out the scratch.
Take ur finger nails and run it against the scratch. If ur finger nail catchs the scratch then its too deep. If it feels smooth then its no big deal. My recommended solution: Meguirs Scratch remover. I tried several kinds and that ones seems to be the best.
good luck
Old 01-16-2005
First 2004 Civic With A R34 Kit

TyPiCaLwhYtGiRL has a spectacular aura aboutTyPiCaLwhYtGiRL has a spectacular aura about
the touch up paint is the easiest way to go, doesnt look bad if you get the rite color
i used it on my passanger door when the kid i watch ran his scooter in to it and left a 2inch long scrach.......
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
^^ yea...use the touch-up paint (rally red from honda)
and do a good waxjob on it..it'll look much better w/o spending much $$
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
www.autovisuals.com
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Rudeboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn I got my G keyed today too , I parked for like 10 minutes infront of my aunts apartment building in van nuys and when I came back I saw the key marks but they took their time they keyes like a 12" mark on the rear bumper, and then a 3 foot one from my passenger side tail light to my passenger door and then a small like 2" on the quarter panel next to the trunk lid I was mad but like you said I didn't get all bent out of shape. I Just can't understand why some ******* was soo jealous to see my car clean and nice or what I just washed and waxed it yesterday after alll the rains I haven't seen my car clean for like 3 weeks in a row and then today this **** happens. I'm hoping that I can get it taken care of for fairly cheap like less then $500 bucks. I don't get it Hope that persone loses their finger or something and remebers my car. ****ers .....sorry for the venting.