I got hit and was accused of hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BboiiSpiNz is an unknown quantity at this point
I got hit and was accused of hit and run

i got hit new years day and went to park somewhere else. i went around the block of a neighborhood and then i parked. the guy that hit me sed i "hit and run" and thats its a felony. i didnt even cause the accident. damn wut a new years.... does anyone know how severe "hit and run" is and how i could fight it??
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
hm... if the other guy hit you, why would u want to leave to park somewhere else? and "hit and run" is pretty severe so u might want to clear that out asap.
Old 01-02-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Well it should be pretty obvious as far as damage goes as to who the party that caused the hit and run was. If the damage is to your side or anywhere near that, its obviously going to be on him. If its gonna be close, I say that you discuss it with him. If its like his front bumper and your door or something no way it could be your fault, I say let him sue you, than when he screws himself, you can counter-sue for Libel, Slander and Defamation of Character. All depends on how much of an ******* you wanna be.
Old 01-02-2005
Banned

luvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trusted
did you get a ticket for hit and run?? if not its basically his word against yours, which in court evens out unless you have proof. if you have his insurance info, call them up and say the idiot hit you and you want your car fixed. if his insurance co. thinks your at fault and full of BS they will investigate, just make sure there is no question on who is at fault.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

i didnt get a ticket for hit and run. im sure that it wasnt my fault.

this is wut happened:
i was at a street going strait and it was red. the light turned green so i went straight. about half way throught the intersection, a car coiming from the opposite direction hit me from the side but he tried to avoid me so it hit my front bumber instead making it look like i was at fault. well because of the impact my car turned to the right. i didnt want to stay in the intersection and block traffic so i went to park somewhere close(big mistake) once we parked, he sed why u try to bust a hit and run for?? i thought y would i run if i know i wasnt at fault.

so if i didnt get a ticket for hit and run it means its up to insurance or court to decide? the only evidence are the pictures of the aftermath but they werent taking at the scence but at a near buy neighborhood
Old 01-02-2005
Banned

luvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trustedluvmy04vic should not be trusted
thats fine, call an ;awyer with free consults. tell them the story and see what they say. damage wise i think they should still be able to prove the impact came from him
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

the impact acutally occured on my fornt bumper instead of the side because he tried to bust a U or something to avoid me. If he didnt he would have hit me in the driver side and me.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
From your story the guy was making a left or a u-turn and ended up hitting on coming traffic (your car).

If thats the case, then you had right of way since you were going straight so its 100% his fault unless he can somehow prove that you ran a redlight.

I don't see how he can do anything to harm you financially because your story suggests its not your fault.

EDIT: Your story doesn't make sense at all. So he hit your front bumper and made it look like it was your fault? What the hell? Did he reverse into you or something?

If one of you couldn't keep your lane and its a "head-on" collision situation, then

Last edited by LiKEaFeRiO; 01-03-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Are there any cameras on the top of that intersection? Those could come in handy!
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

tyrone has a little shameless behaviour in the past
so how come u didnt pull over and talk to the guy and get his info?

Especially if it was his fault????

You dont want to let the guy that hit you run away??? Right????
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO: EDIT: Your story doesn't make sense at all. So he hit your front bumper and made it look like it was your fault? What the hell? Did he reverse into you or something?
Well he actually hit my front left panel first but the majority of the damage was on the bumper.

Nodnero:Are there any cameras on the top of that intersection? Those could come in handy!
U know that they have signs that say there are cameras but there arent. I should look into that cuz that could be my evidence.

Tyrone: so how come u didnt pull over and talk to the guy and get his info?
Especially if it was his fault????
You dont want to let the guy that hit you run away??? Right????

We did get each others info because a cop came
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
if a cop came, did the cop make a report? whose fault did the cop say? and you should get a copy of that report.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

the cop only got both our info and that was it
Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
well when the cop gets both info. he should give you some kind of CLaim number to a police report. I don't think the cop just merely got both of your info and just left. he's writing a report and you should of got some kind of slip stating a report number on there.
Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
your story seems way to weird...
Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
my girlfriend just got her hit and run charge cleared up. She had no prior tickets or anything. She just had to pay a 150 dollar fine plus court charges. I think she said something about insurance points though.....thats all she told me.....I hope for the best for ya
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

02EXCoupeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
What direction were you going? Were you going northbound then he was coming southbound to east bound? If no body was injured, then an exchange of information only is needed; your CA driver's license, insurance, registration and vice versa for the other party. If there were injuries, a report would be taken, but not at scene, only measurements, witnesses statements and the parties involved. If there were victim's then the officers would go to the hospital (if they were transported by ambulance) and get their side of the story. One of the causes of accidents is people not yielding the right of way. Usually it takes about 24 hours for a DR or a report number is generated. The report has to be typed up back at the station and signed. Then it's sent to the records dept where the clerks will assign a DR#. You call the station and get the DR# the next day. It's up to the insurance companies to fight this out, not you two. Also contact the DMV of the accident and state that PD was at scene and only info was exchanged. This should be done within 10 days of the incident.
A hit and run is a misdemeanor only if the person fled the scene with the intent and no injuries involved. Sounds like to me that you didn't run, you just wanted to park your vehicle in a safe spot, which is the right thing to do, (given that your vehicle is drivable). A hit and run felony is when the person fled the scene and someone was hurt or killed. Usually people who do this are unlicensed, and they're scared they'll lose everything they have because they don't have a valid driver's license.

Last edited by 02EXCoupeGuy; 01-05-2005 at 01:48 AM.