Xbox Chipping....For Car and home Use

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
Xbox Chipping....For Car and home Use

Well just wanted to let you all know i chip xbox's ...

What does a chipped XBOX do you ask?

When you add the chip to the XBOX it allows you to be able to swap out the 8gig hard drive that came with the box to a 250gig..thats the biggest drive you can put in there..what size hd is up to you...bigger the better...why do you want to swap out the drive...for storage silly.....

Well lets see for starters you no longer have to use that stupid remote eye thing to be able to play DVD movies. Also you can play burned XBOX games..but thats just for starters...Tired of paying high prices for video games..well you now can take your butt down to your local video store and rent games and save them to the XBOX hard drive..you have now eliminated the need to carry games with you where ever you go... its all in the xbox..pluse you only payed $2.50 for your new game..this saves you money in the log run.

CD's-With this mod you also can take your cd collection and save them to the xbox..with the program that i install into it ( Xbox media player ) it allows you to play your MP3's and CD's and play them directly from the box..not only that it comes with cool visuales like that of windows media player..this looks dope at night in my car..lol

Video Clips- This is a cool feature, i went on bearshare last night and looked up music videos. Its like haveing MTV in your xbox...I downloaded M's new music video "MOSH" and a bunch of other clips to play while i drive..so i no longer just have the song but the video to be seen with it as well..

Pictures-you can also save pictures and play them from the box as well..it has a slid show featur.....I have a couple of pics of the past wrk that i have done along with some pics of my son and what not...i think ill put some of the past meets that i have gone to..this way when we meet up we can look back...

emulated games- these r the old school games from back in the day like pacman,frogger,donky kong.....it playes them just like the arcade versions of them..pretty sweet if your into that stuff...as for regular games I think i have about 6 games on mine...i havnt had time to go down to the video store and rent some...but with 250 gigs you can get about 75 games on there with no problem..

DVD Burning- thats right, go out and rent your favorit DVD movie and save it the hrd drive to play it later...I think i have like 5 movies in mine right now ...i just down loaded RIDDICK into mine tonight..took about 20 min...just pop the DVD into the xbox and hit save...

Skins- well these are what they are..20-30 of them is what i give you...there the user enter face,...there pretty cool some of them have moving things in them as well..again this looks dope in your car if you have a video system...

Vizuals-like i said these are like the ones you see on windows media player, there are about 10 - 15 of these i add when i chip a box...this is one with a graphic analizer..or how ever you spell it..but this one is coo..not to distracting when i drive..there are others that get realyy crazy and bright...

Well just to let you know this is not a really cheap mod.. first off the chip itself is like 75 bucks pluse the cost of the hard drive..better to find these when there on sale...and the price for me moding the box is 75 bucks....you do the math..but in the end an over all A= mod if your a car lover whos looking for mobile storage...dude youll never leave you car after this...all i need now is frige and im set...playing the games with the system i have..sh^t...its better then the arcade...

Last edited by KaZeLL; 11-13-2004 at 04:05 PM. Reason: better explained
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

tyrone has a little shameless behaviour in the past
you can do it i heard without even chipping it nowadays.... But yes, xbox modding is a must!
Old 11-13-2004
First 2004 Civic With A R34 Kit

TyPiCaLwhYtGiRL has a spectacular aura aboutTyPiCaLwhYtGiRL has a spectacular aura about
how much will you do it for??
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
"Well just to let you know this is not a really cheap mod.. first off the chip itself is like 75 bucks pluse the cost of the hard drive..better to find these when there on sale...and the price for me moding the box is 75 bucks....you do the math..but in the end an over all A= mod if your a car lover whos looking for mobile storage...dude youll never leave you car after this...all i need now is frige and im set...playing the games with the system i have..sh^t...its better then the arcade..."
Old 11-13-2004
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
i might want to do this to my. i just bought Halo 2 and dood that game kicks ***.
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

jkim1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
so how much is it to mod the xbox??? including the mod chip?
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

reflekt is an unknown quantity at this point
^"Well just to let you know this is not a really cheap mod.. first off the chip itself is like 75 bucks pluse the cost of the hard drive..better to find these when there on sale...and the price for me moding the box is 75 bucks....you do the math..but in the end an over all A= mod if your a car lover whos looking for mobile storage...dude youll never leave you car after this...all i need now is frige and im set...playing the games with the system i have..sh^t...its better then the arcade..."
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

funny how you keep posting it in quotes and still they ask...lol

$75 for the moding... softwar,dashe boards and a few mp3's, 1 game,video,clips...ect... just so you know where every thing goes..

$75 for the chip.........you buy the chip..well really i buy it you just pay for it. I make no money of this.

$180 hard drive.... well this verys...hd's go on sale alot and your going to want a 250 gig hd for the max storage allowed by the chip..anything more then that is a waist...the chip wont use the rest.
now they do have an expantion unit that will allow you to hook up 3 250 gig hard drives ..now thats alot of MP3's...lol

any thing else
Old 11-13-2004
Registered!!

you know whats funny is that i take my box where every i go, and when i hit some ones house who has an x box i bring mine in to show them...but i end up leaveing with a whole bunch of new games on my system...haha i love it....

and when im in the car I encourage peeps to bring there CD collection along..after the ride...ha i have all the lates CD's...lol
Old 11-14-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
dam dude, this **** is tight... thanx for bringing ur xbox..lol, u jacked james halo 2 that james bought...haha u didn't pay ish for that...

if i had a x box i would get this, but i don'tl...
Old 11-14-2004
VtecViXen

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
dam dude, this **** is tight... thanx for bringing ur xbox..lol, u jacked james halo 2 that james bought...haha u didn't pay ish for that...

if i had a x box i would get this, but i don'tl...
for sure, that was tight! next time i see you james i wanna see my fave tupac videos on there!
Old 11-14-2004
Registered!!

jgoodfella1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting an x box with an 80gb hd. How much would you charge to change out the 80 for a top of the line 250gb? I would need all my saved games trasnfered to the 250 from the 80.
Old 11-14-2004
StAyInG StOcK aNd MarRiEd

ES2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
My xbox has been modded for some time now, just don't try to play that stuff online with the mod chip turned on or with you tsop flashed, Micro$oft will ban you and you will have to find someone with magical powers to make it so you can play again. He is going to do it for a fairly resonable price, but to let you know i was doing it for $40 including modchip, you buy your own HDD. I stopped because the Wife didn't like the fact that i was messing with Micro$oft. They are crazy people. Have Fun, i know i am, with every NES SNES N64 Genisis and Gameboy game ever made. Not to mention 60+ xbox games and about 300 ps1 games that i can play on my xbox.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

wow cant belive no one is interested in this
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

whast up with this post i cant see any of the replys..i see 13 in the reply coll but when i veiw i dont see any thing..wonder why
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

jgoodfella- about $30, ya i was goingto put a small drive int here at first..i managed to come up with a 120 gig.. i still have alot of room, but i would love to have the 250.... We kicked it at temos house the other night, just chilln...the xbox gave us hrs of fun, we watched tons of video's, played a couple of MP3's and played HALO 2 and some rainbow 6...all in all it was pretty fun.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

jgoodfella1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by KaZeLL
jgoodfella- about $30, ya i was goingto put a small drive int here at first..i managed to come up with a 120 gig.. i still have alot of room, but i would love to have the 250.... We kicked it at temos house the other night, just chilln...the xbox gave us hrs of fun, we watched tons of video's, played a couple of MP3's and played HALO 2 and some rainbow 6...all in all it was pretty fun.
Cool. I'm definately interested. I want my x box to be top of the line and have the latest chip, software, etc. I will probably need help picking out the best 250gb hd for the system. I'll let you know when I'm ready!
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

sweet i just pmd you the info
Old 12-18-2004
Registered!!

MrDibbs19 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a modded xbox, and custom painted and custom LED jewel on top and custom LED jewels on my S controllers
Old 12-18-2004
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
peeps may have not replied so fast to the modding because ive been playing a modded one for about a year now. But as long as u are all screwing over bill and microsoft its all good. For someone who always wants to make profit he sure did make it easy for us to mod these things and make him lose a big chunk of money.
Old 01-01-2005
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
im interested.. where you located?> and when do you have time?
Old 01-02-2005
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
i might be interested, first need to find an xbox, if i find one for 100 i will, i have an indash so should put it to use.
Old 01-02-2005
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
also, do you know how to hardwire the xbox to the car?
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by kimchi29
also, do you know how to hardwire the xbox to the car?

James can help you with that too!
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
modded x-box =

not being able to play x-box live on a modded x-box =

thats the only reason i dont do that to mine. still have alot of music on my x-box thoe.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by dj02
modded x-box =

not being able to play x-box live on a modded x-box =

thats the only reason i dont do that to mine. still have alot of music on my x-box thoe.

If Im not mistaken there is a way to do both. The guy I buy my "Special" movies from says he can chip the X-Box and still be able to get on X-Box Live.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
If Im not mistaken there is a way to do both. The guy I buy my "Special" movies from says he can chip the X-Box and still be able to get on X-Box Live.
that is incorrect! and if he has one then he can make a wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lot of money. cuzz no one has figuerd it out yet. everything in your xbox is pre-regsterd with microsoft, so when you get on it allways runs your ****. and if something diffrent comes up then poof no more x-box for you.
Old 01-03-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
http://www.xbox-scene.com

They have all the information you could ever need about modding and whatnot. They've got forums that'll help you out if you ever get stuck and whatnot.

And, if I'm not mistaken, with some of the new 4th Gen mods, they have switches on them that you can disable the mod so you can get on Live! and play.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dj02
that is incorrect! and if he has one then he can make a wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lot of money. cuzz no one has figuerd it out yet. everything in your xbox is pre-regsterd with microsoft, so when you get on it allways runs your ****. and if something diffrent comes up then poof no more x-box for you.

Ill double check on that, cuz I asked him about it this past weekend and he said it was possible. But that only down fall was that you couldnt play with your burnt or saved games, it had to be the original disc.

But let me double check on that.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AlpineCivic
Ill double check on that, cuz I asked him about it this past weekend and he said it was possible. But that only down fall was that you couldnt play with your burnt or saved games, it had to be the original disc.

But let me double check on that.
you are correct there is a way and it has already been done and i have seen it and from my sources they are trying to start up a online connection for those non-xbox live users. Which should be happening pretty soon since a lot of peeps are getting them modded now