My Full Carbon Fiber Dash..! ! Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
mold for the bracket to hold in the RSX cluster was just made tonight....ruben (went down)...oo i mean came down...haha and we wrked on it..i should have a full funtional bracket by wednesdays to hold the cluster in place..after that i will start on the bezel...

Remeber guys parts are limited so you all have to jump on this fast when the first one is made...
Old 07-13-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
sweet...
Old 07-13-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
im interested in the rsx cluster as well
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

Em2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
heres some advice start buying you clusters now. these clusters will work in any car lx dx ex auto manuel. of course if you have an auto then get a frikin auto base rsx cluster
Old 07-14-2004
Initial D!!!!

nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Em2Guy
heres some advice start buying you clusters now. these clusters will work in any car lx dx ex auto manuel. of course if you have an auto then get a frikin auto base rsx cluster
i would if i had the money, i may just get the kit from you guys and then the cluster later. i see them all the time on ebay and other sites.

but yeah i would hope people would know to get the auto one if they have a auto
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

ok just in i have one cluster for sale, type R from Japan, in mint condition.... goes to the highest bidder, type R's are rear and extrammmmmllyy hard to find...but its up for grabs....dont let this one pass ya by...perfect touch for you show and race people..
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 07-14-2004
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
how much you looking for it?
Old 07-14-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!
It's so beautiful
Old 07-14-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Okay. So the cluster is pretty much plug-n-play with the harness you're making? Am I reading that right? And does the cluster bolt into the holes that the Civic cluster does and we're just needing a new bezel for it? Is that correct?
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
cf dash rsx cluster to civic
but what's the use for that? unless you a k series.
dunno kinda of a waist of money dosent really do anything....
Old 07-14-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dj02
cf dash rsx cluster to civic
but what's the use for that? unless you a k series.
rsx base cluster would go really well with a 7thgen since their redlines are the same
Old 07-14-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Show points/pose factor, which no matter what anyone tells you, is at least half the reason for just about any mod someone posts up about on just about any board.

I'm guilty of it too...
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

This is what we offer

Wireing Harness
What we are offering is the new wireing harnest which will be plug and play...
The new harnest will take the civic plug comming from the dash and conver it to connecters needed to fit the RSX gauge cluster. This just one of our problems since connecters are not easy to come buy. We r currently wrking on makeing a mold to manufacture our own plugs. agian with out the plugs were dead in the water. so when we say we only have a few... trust me ...i'm talking about 1 or 2 at the most..

Mounting Bracket
The cluster buy itself will not bolt up to the stock screw locations in the vic. For one the gauge cluster in the RSX mounts from under the dash and not from top side stearingwhl location like the vic...TWO...the RSX gauge cluster sites way to low in the vic so it needs to be raised up..I have solved this problem by fabing a mold to make a new bracket made of fiberglass to hold the cluster up and in place to bolt up to the stock mounting point in the Vic and on the RSX cluster.

Bezl
The RSX does not come with a gauge clustr bezl like the vic, there's just pops into the dash and you bolt it up from the bottom ...done have a nice day....Well the vic is a different story... We have a bezl..that has to be removed to get to our OEM cluster..only problem is that its smaller then the RSX Gauge cluster and does not have the same contour of it..so a new bezl needs to be fabed...i am currently wrking on this. Its good thing i have an extra dash laying around or this would take some time.

The actual cluster itself will be left up to you to get and belive me there not easy to get ahold of. I called a few places here and there to buy a few to be able to sell to you all but no luck...I did how ever come accross two type r's and bought them both. Of course the Type R's more expensive since they are JDM parts and are very REAR....those will go for $300 to $350 depending on what it cost me to buy them..Whats the difference between the type R and Type S you ask....IM cool and your not... . I unlike other people pay attion to detail when i do my car, little things such as this add a little more class and style to you every day norm..its like every one else having the Octain body kit..YA every one has it and so do i .<<<<< BUT DO THEY HAVE IT IN CARBON FIBER >>>>HAHAHA. so ya!

WHEN BUYING YOUR CLUSTER! ! !

PLease take note in the difference in clusters

AUTO- ...................Well thats givin ( if you ask me again i will shoot you )

NON TYPE-S............MPH only goes to 140 on speedo

TYPE-S....................MPH goes to 160

TYPE -R...................reads in KILO's up to 180...Type R is written on it and glows
red with the rest of the numbers.. (Also comes wiith a sticker that says "Im f^cken Pimp" ....j/k).Every jocks this one

Last edited by KaZeLL; 07-14-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
ahhh so its all about show. i c now....yea still pretty gay. really no use for it. ill waist my money on a performance mod insted.

but still props to makeing it fit.

still think the oem cluster or rs cluster looks better than the rsx IMO.
but then again im crazy and like my car to go fast insted of looking like it does.
Old 07-14-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
i would like the type-s one kazell
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

ya i could care less about speed, maybe when i was younger and still a kid, but now its about looks. dont get me wrong, from time to time i fill the need for speed. i guess to me its kinda like converting over to 5 lug when you do the k20 swap...sure you can use the si axles and stay 4 but do most...no..instead they drive with the 4 in the rear and 5 in the front.. dumb but ok...your gonna do conversion later.... i can see that... trying to get every last bit of JDM into your car...thats what it comes down to..
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

well if i happen to stumble onto one ill Pm you but as for now i only have one TYPE R for sale..PM me if you want...
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

ok tonight i should have one brcket done and test fitted..I'll see if i have my digid cam so you can see the mold and product being made..
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

ahhh so its all about show. i c now....yea still pretty gay. really no use for it. ill waist my money on a performance mod insted.

but still props to makeing it fit.

still think the oem cluster or rs cluster looks better than the rsx IMO.
but then again im crazy and like my car to go fast insted of looking like it does.

true true both anyway u cut it your car still aint fast or close to. did u ever fix that tranny porb i haven t talked to u for a while
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

^^hahaha ur so gay ruben. Car is faster then most not all. And was faster than urs b4 ur swap. Still take u in the corners

Went to a couple of places and got the same response. tranny is good and strong clutch gears feel good. But busted my bearings so I need a bearing job. All of them need to be replaced.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

ha ure car was never faster so get off.good to hear ure trannys good
Old 07-15-2004
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
its over
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Em2Guy
ha ure car was never faster so get off.good to hear ure trannys good
ok its like that, your going to front!
ha! its iight ruby u keep thinking that.

**** man you wernt that fast right after your swap eather. so you keep playing the front game.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

ok i will .To bad its not a game cuz i just end up in front from time to time
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

^^^ ok well back to the topic or else people are going to think were fighting or something. so yea rsx cluster woohoo....
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

reflekt is an unknown quantity at this point
you're both gay
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

ha that was agood one...Ive been waiting for that one..
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
dam very very nice
Old 07-18-2004
Registered!!

ok Update ,,,,I got the first bracket made, took me a little longer to make the revers mold then i had planned , ruben came down and we wired up a few Plugs...(2).. time consuming at the most...each wire has to be pinned and soldered then place into the molex plug buy hand..there something like 40 -50 wires....so ya we were tired after that....we were doing this crapp till 2 in the morn...damn i was tired the next day..also since factory plugs r scares...and will be siince you need to chop apart a stock bezl in order to have one OEM plug... I had to make them as well...let me say thats a very tiny mold....haha...but ya i made this to...no more stock civic cluster to for me that for sure ....theres no turning back....

today im planning on triming out the bracket that holds the RSX cluster in place within the dash..and after that (if all goes well) ill be makeing the bezel..i should have pics up today......

Quick Reply: My Full Carbon Fiber Dash..! ! Pics Inside