Finally got pulled over by san marino cops for my exhaust..also info bout db

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got pulled over by san marino cops for my exhaust..also info bout db

Hey wassup...today goin to school...i saw a cop pull over a bmw..so i drove by the cop as quietly as possible..however the cop was behind me and he heard my exhaust and hit his lights and told me to pull over...he comes up to me askin if i had any other mods besides my exhaust...i tell him i have an intake and that i had a carb sticker...he then proceeds to tell me to get out of the car..frisked me..and then another cop car rolls up (apparently he called for backup)...i pop my hood...they look...they proceeded to go under the car..and tell me that i dont have a cat...he asked me if i know wut my db reading was..and i told them it was 95 (thanx to the info provided by 7thgen members)...he then asked me where i got it done..and i told them i forgot but my other friend had gotten pulled over and he went to get his db and i decided to do it as well...HOWEVER he tells me that in order for a db testin to be valid it had to be cali certified..and in cali there is none...luckily he said that because i wasnt an ******* like most people that get pulled over for mods..hes goin to let me go..however if i dont fix the mods he will write me a ticket...the stupid ridealong kept on pokin his head and sayin my bulbs are blue this and that..however the cop was like noooo they look blue but they emit light...lol...but yeah it shows how being nice and polite to a cop may get u out of a ticket
Old 09-11-2003
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
you're lucky you were in a nice city...if that was in rowland or west covina...you woulda got slammed like i did with back-2-back exhaust ticks, front plate too low and the cop said my insurance wasn't valid just cause it had my mom's name which i'm under....cops suck...Sherriff sare cool hahhaa

Jeff
Old 09-11-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

NAW...San Marino cops are notoroious for givin stupid tickets...i was suprised i got away wit it
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Originally posted by TopFuel
you're lucky you were in a nice city...if that was in rowland or west covina...you woulda got slammed like i did with back-2-back exhaust ticks, front plate too low and the cop said my insurance wasn't valid just cause it had my mom's name which i'm under....cops suck...Sherriff sare cool hahhaa

Jeff
yes...west covina can kiss my ***. This Jap cop gave me a ticket; first he was like NO aftermarket exhaust law since 2k1, then when he was about to leave he tells me to just slap on a silencer and ill be fine...WTF which one is it?

He followed me for quite awhile too, driving to my right and rear, listening to my exhaust...what a punk! >:O
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

LiLaSiiAn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by iceman
NAW...San Marino cops are notoroious for givin stupid tickets...i was suprised i got away wit it
Indeed, driving by there you have to be super careful and if they find you in a residential street.. be ready to show proof of residence! I don't think my parents would move there even if we had the money.
Old 09-11-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

its now time for me to find a new route to school
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Chocobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Finally got pulled over by san marino cops for my exhaust..also info bout db

Originally posted by iceman
...he then proceeds to tell me to get out of the car..frisked me..and then another cop car rolls up (apparently he called for backup)...

unfortunately, he failed to check your left pocket from where you pulled out a 10 foot ricer exaust and you beath them to death!!!!!!!!

lease:

anyway,
yeah, i just missed a ticket. i dont know how, but there was a sting operation going on right now. you know those annoying ones where they walkat a crosswalk allllllllllllll ****in slow and if you go they give you a ticket? yeah that one. anyway, i was goin 45 in a 35, but when i saw the cops i was like **** ! im screwed, so i waved just to say hi. well they didnt come after me. instead they just looked at me..... i was really scared thatt they didnt start chasing me so i bolted and got on the nearest freeway. it was really creepy
Old 09-11-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

dude my hommie told me bout that sting..they doin that on rosemead as well...my hommie got a ticket even though the officer stepped back and then he proceeded to drive sicne he got back on the side walk
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

02NBPcivicEX has a spectacular aura about02NBPcivicEX has a spectacular aura about
yeah, i stay away from san marino area now... me and a couple of ppl i kno have had bad experiences around there... *knock on wood*
Old 09-12-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
the ride along was he a cop to? that sucks if he was saying stupid **** like that " oh his bulbs are blue give him a ticket" i hate people like that!!!
Old 09-12-2003
--< GripSpeed Member >--

ride along wasnt a cop..he was just some freakin teenager...sayin that my car was too low and that he saw it on mtv or some ish...my bulbs were blue...and this and that..however the officer was cool bout it and told him the bulbs were blue BUT emmit white light and that my car wasnt as low as other cars...should of seen the face on the ride along...lol..boy did he feel stupid
Old 09-12-2003
JDM WHORE!!!

JDMCIVIC will become famous soon enough
Damn you got lucky. Sheriffs in Temple City pulled me over last time when I did a rolling stop at like 3 in the morning. Had a exhaust, intake, header, and dp but he never asked me because this was when my car looked stocked outside (total sleeper). Now I attract too much attention, but whatevers. Some cop today just flashed me with his searchlight when I was pulling into my driveway. He probably just saw me come home so he was like **** it hes already home, Ill give him a break. Yea I always drive through San Marino though.
Old 09-12-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
No CAT?? You have an LX....the CAT is built-in with the header.

BLind cops...heheh
Old 09-12-2003
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Cops just wanna bust you for whatever they can. Im really surprised that you didnt get busted there Derrick. Got lucky foo.
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

02NBPcivicEX has a spectacular aura about02NBPcivicEX has a spectacular aura about
yeah dont all civics have their cats built-in with the header?
Old 09-13-2003
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't think the ex has the cat in the header... its below the car near the front sway bar...

and i think mine has 2 cats? hx has lx header and the thing near the front sway bar... i dunno.... maybe thats why my n1 style axlebackis so quiet... haha
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

umm i dont remember seeing a CAT when i was DIYing my exhaust system...
Old 09-14-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
I think the CAT on the EX is on the downpipe.