19' x 8 <-------rim question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KaZeLL will become famous soon enough
19' x 8 <-------rim question

I'm wrking out this deal with Cartelli wheels at the moment, well it already went through but I'm getting 19 inch Kustom made rimz for my car, 19'' x 8 offset is 38.....as you know the biggest you can put is 19 x 7.5 cuz thats our wheel base whith but I wanted a fater lip. So i purposly had them make it this size....

We talked over the whole deal and I'm going to flar out the fenders in order to make the rim fit but i was wondering if the wheel would rubb stock without the fender flairs...has any one tryed to put an 8" with on there car...I know for the mean time i might be able to roll the fender and try and sqeez it in there but not sure...

just asking

O by the way its a true 3 pc wheel deep dish and I'll be the only one in cali to have...thats pretty cool huh..
Old 08-21-2003
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
I believe that even with that offset that they would still rub if you didnt roll the fenders or flare them out. If Im doing the math correctly and using the right idea, you would need like 5-7 more mm to go without the flare.
Old 08-21-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
do 215-35-19s even fit on a 8" wide rim?
i'm sure you can make them fit but it probably wont look too pretty cause you wont be able to drop the car till then. just roll the fenders, take out the wheel well in the front and keep putting negative camber till it doesnt rub.
thats ****in sick tho... 19x8 3 peice wheels... dayam...
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

ya cost a pretty penny though, I know if you guys were to buy them from a shop they would be in the range of 5 - 6 g's for this type of rim, offset and size...I know just the rim itself cost 4 grand, and that was at one of the cheapest place's i know around here...I just had to ask to see what it would run me and if i was getting a deal from Cartelli.

Nodenero is that with the roll or with out, the underside rear fender well lip is like 3/4 of an inch, you can feel it if you stick your hand under there , i was thinking if i just rolled it it might fit, i have sprint springs and the cars only droped like 2 inches all the way around so I'm bearly tucking my 18" x 7.5 35 ser tire...but not sure if the front can be done. or how much room i have to wrk with...

I'm not sure if going with 35 ser tire, i was thinking 30, but the damn pot hole in d-town LA will kill me....lol going to a from wrk..

Last edited by KaZeLL; 08-21-2003 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2003
The Standard One

do they even make 30s? 35s are pretty thin.. psh i know i would hate to bend a 1k rim.
so you have sprint springs? it might be tough to get it to fit then cause i know hondaluver was running something like 225-40-18s and he was rubbing with stock suspension
but ya for the front, just take out the wheel well, put like -.5 camber and it might fit.
Old 08-21-2003

No way 215/35/19s will fit on a 19x8!!! Best bet is 235/35/19. They do make 30 series tires, they are hella skinny. Its all show!!!!
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

sounds cool, have some time, 1 month, the rims wont be finished till then, also there's tires to buy as well, my buddies seeing if he can get the hook on that, he always hooks me up ...thanks Phil...like i said not sure if i should go with the 30 or 35...but i was only think of how much room i have to wrk with here, I'll need all the space i can get...lol
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

the last time i went down there talks were in the wrks of using my car for a commercial for cartelli wheels. will see how that goes after the project is done, I really won to wide body the car useing the ground designs spyder II kit thats on that silver CRX, but thats a lot of wrk to make that kit fit my car, i only want the sides rear q-panel door incerts and front fenders,....take a look

http://bodykits.com/fullview.php?id_...option_price=0
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

hay who makes a wide body for our car....post a link for me ya, not sure if i should keep it simple and go with fender flrs and make it look like the new M3 or go extream and do the wide bdy conversion...but i want to see all my options...
Old 08-21-2003
The Standard One

eh i dont think wide body looks too hot on our cars...

a mild widebody on our car which looks pretty nice.
2 other people had widebodies and they looked ugly...
i dunno bout fender flares either. the front they look koo but flares on the rear for our cars? i dunno bout that...
Old 08-21-2003

That widebody doesnt look that bad. The one I had seen for the 7thgen previously was majorly fugly tho. Really nasty. Im having dry heaves just thinking about it.
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

Em2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
kazzel you are the coolest
Old 08-21-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
yea, i had 225/40/18, it would rub but only when i would turn the tires all the way to one side or if i went off a slant too fast.

if you get a good suspention, it shouldn't rub too bad.

they make 30 profile, you should get some 225/30/19 that should fit find, i don't know about getting it tucked under without a wide body, you can probly make 1 out of fiber glass easily and get it painted., you should look how beemers fenders are and do it from that design,

have you ever noticed that all beemers have the tires nicly tucked with a nice little fender roll?

and i don't know if you want any negative camber with 30 series tires...
Old 08-21-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i would love to see it done, most people do the 7 1/2 by 19 with 215/35 and it looks nice(blackbullet)

well i think you should get some 19x 7 3/4, with that , it shouldn't be that hard to fit... ur going to ride higher.
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is your answer. I have 19x7 wheels with a 225/35/19 tire with the front and back tucking just over the top of the tire. There is no rub. With a 19x7.5 you will only get rub when you going to make a u-turn with the same drop. Now with that setup your rubbing the fender, so rolling the fender will allow for a full option drive. With the 19x8's your not only going to rub the fender but I am almost sure your going to rub the inside of the wheel well too. When Axis test fitted the 19x7.5 on the car, I had less than a 1/4 inch of space from hitting the inner wheel well. I am positive just from fitting on my car that those 19x8's will rub. You will not only need to roll the fenders but you might need to cut the inner wheel well. However, yes here comes the if, with those 19's you car will be sitting a little higher then with your 18's so you need to consider that. You might not need to roll as much. Again Kazell this is on my car and you have the same make and model. If you would like, you can call Axis and inquire there. They were the ones who tested out my car with different size wheels. Hope you understand all this crap. For those who are wondering, all this was tested on a 2001 LX 4D.
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

LiLaSiiAn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Em2Guy
kazzel you are the coolest
uh huh!
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

so you guys dont think the car would look more like the new BMW with the fender flrs... I was checking one out today and the body style is simular at least to me that is..and they look cool with the flrs...

i would love just to make it fit the way it is but we all know that is imposible, so somthing needs to be moded...which way should i go?
of course I'm going to have to do all the moding myself so i want to keep it as easy as i can, i dont have much time to wrk on my own stuff when I'm wrking on other peoples stuff, I just finished CFing the center part of my dash and will be wrapping the top and bottem portion in beije swaid or how ever you spell it....the doors and other inside panels will be the same as well....

thanks for all the help and also thinking I'm cool....lol....

Nice seats lilaSiiAn8...
Old 08-22-2003
The Standard One

fender flares shouldn't be too hard... i know they make universal ones. maybe you can get those, mold them on the car. and since they're actually going to serve a purpose cut some of your existing fender