If someone were to move to Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Derek-CEO
Are radar detectors allowed there?

Resume is for Web Applications Developer. ColdFusion preferably
Last I Checked Radar Detectors are allowed in all 50 states. As long as they dont interfear with the police band. Jammers are Illegal...
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
actually, that is incorrect.

DC and Virgina you are not allowed. And laser jammers are allowed in Arizona.

http://www.radarbusters.com/landing/...rs_arizona.asp
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

matrix311 is on a distinguished road
Yes you can use radar detectors legally here. I have the passport 8500 and it's perfectly legal. People have them on their sportbikes here too so it's all good.
Old 01-12-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'll add my .02. I've lived in almost every town that there is here and have a pretty good feel for it all.
Here's a map of it all.

When you stayed in what we call All-white-tukee you were down by the numbers 17 and 15. I've collectively lived with 5 miles east or west of where the 101 freeway and US 60 intersect for over 10 years (about an inch to right from where you stayed). I know Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Ahwatukee very well. Like everyone has said the home prices are affordable on the outskirts and appreciate well, however, my 03 Civic has 88K on it and I will be the first to tell you that I cannot stand commuting 60 miles eack way to work. Is it worth the homes appreciation? Well thats up to you and what you deem important to your quality of life.

I currently live inbetween where the 51 freeway and the number 13 is on that map. This map is a little old and the 51 now connects to the 101. Compared to other cites, the only downfall of our freeway system is that we outgrow it by the time it's built, but unlike L.A. the freeways ARE NOT packed on Sundays at 5PM. Other than that it's not a bad setup.

If you want a frame of reference for where Glendale and Peoria are (members like Alex053 and Dragin have suggested this area) then look to the left of the screen.

I'll put in my opinion and tell you that I've never been fond of the westside. It's on alder area for the most part. There are many very new developments over there but I'm partial. I grew up on the Eastside and it's more central to everything. (Again "everything" is for you to decide whats important) Look at the map, you can tell where the center of the city is.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
ya, I will prolly stay on the east side. Now someone find me a good house to rent
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

shifthis will become famous soon enoughshifthis will become famous soon enough
What size house are you looking for there are actually a couple of houses for rent in my neighborhood which I consider a really nice area. Zip Code is 85233 Subdivision is the Islands in Gilbert. My house is a 3 bdrm 2 bth 2 car garage.http://hotpads.com/map/index.htm?propertyId=12516 Here is a house that is for rent in my neighborhood and probably a good link to a website to find others.

Last edited by shifthis; 01-12-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

Looking for something like this...

1700+ sq. ft.
3 or more bdrms
2+ bathrooms
at least some grass in back
pool would be really nice, but not necessary
unfurnished
all appliances incl. laundry
2 or more car garage
no more then $1200/m

i think that is about it.
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

Looking for something like this...

1700+ sq. ft.
3 or more bdrms
2+ bathrooms
at least some grass in back
pool would be really nice, but not necessary
unfurnished
all appliances incl. laundry
2 or more car garage
no more then $1200/m

i think that is about it.
I will post pics of my house/neighborhood and there are currently 3 houses for rent in the same housing area as mine, one has a pool and i'll get the phone number for ya, not sure on the rent but it looks nice from the outside.

My house is:
4 bedroom
2 bath
2.5 car garage
grass in front and back (large backyard)
1,900 sq ft single level home
Mine came with all appliances but a washer
$1095.00 a month rent

I have a big list of rental places on my other computer bookmarked, it's going through some downtime but for the time being here are the links I can think of off the top my head for rentals.

http://www.johnhall.com/search_superlative.htm
http://www.prsrentals.com
http://www.rentalhomesaz.com/
http://www.rentlist.com/rent-homes/arizona.shtml

http://www.darlenequinn.com/bin/web/...133306377.html

http://www.ahwatukeerealty.com/f-das...erentals%2Ecom

http://phoenix.rentclicks.com/
http://www.homerentalads.com/arizona/phoenix.htm
http://www.mcmathpropertymgmt.com/
http://www.keymgmtcoinc.com/
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/apa/ <--- constantly updated good site

There you go man that should hold you off for a while to find a place, many have pics and prices and direct contacts. Good luck and when do you plan on moving to the valley of the sun?
Old 01-12-2006

alex053 will become famous soon enough
im up past where 67th ave ends now
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

k, imma kick u out and take over.

THanks for the sites. I have been through most of them already, but there are some new ones. It's so stupid when ppl don't post pics. don't they realize not everyone would be local? geez.
Old 01-13-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by matrix311
My house is:

grass in front and back (large backyard)

HAHA I've seen that backyard. You guys are the worst landscapers I've ever seen.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
HAHA I've seen that backyard. You guys are the worst landscapers I've ever seen.
Dude I moved at the beginning of January. I live in Ahwatukee now on 48th and Ray. I got a big *** grassy backyard that is nicely landscaped. Although right now it's not the nicest because the last people that lived here they didn't fix 2 of the sprinkler systems so there is a deadspot in the rear of the house. I've planted new grass and we got the sprinkler fixed so it should start growing back.

Click here for pics of my new house!http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...il-AlbumInvite
Old 01-13-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by matrix311
I live in Ahwatukee now on 48th and Ray. I got a big *** grassy backyard that is nicely landscaped.
i see a bbq grill on the back patio...looks like we have the location to the next bbq meet!!
Old 01-14-2006
Premium Member

Dude you have the EXACT same floorplan that Mario did when he lived on that street.
Old 01-14-2006

maybe ill have some people over in a few months...right now all ihave is dirt. we are going to the home show today.....in my future i see a water feature and maybe a bbq island

Old 01-17-2006
Registered!!

got my flight booked to come find a rental. apr 6-10.
Old 01-17-2006
Registered!!

got my flight booked to come find a rental. apr 6-10.
Awesome man, give one of us a jingle and we'll meet up and help you out if you need assistance finding a place. See you then!
Old 01-18-2006
Premium Member

Without a doubt. I've met some strange people over the internet and I can safely say that, aside from Alex053, everyone here is very normal.
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
Without a doubt. I've met some strange people over the internet and I can safely say that, aside from Alex053, everyone here is very normal.
hahahah
Old 01-18-2006

with comments like this and he wants me to drive him to pick up a tv and deliver it to his house.....what an ungrateful SOB
Old 01-18-2006
Premium Member

Haha you avoided me you hater!
Old 01-18-2006

i texted you back to see if you were free during the week!!!
Old 01-18-2006
Premium Member

never got it yo
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

take it to PM fart knockers
Old 01-18-2006
http://ackakaka.ytmnd.com

JoeyOKC is on a distinguished road
Old 01-19-2006
Premium Member

See I told you Derek. He's a loose cannon. Well, we may not have the ocean here in AZ but we have all the beach you could need.
Old 01-19-2006
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I see even Derek is having to deal with the serious problem with random topic changes in the AZ forum
Old 01-19-2006

i just met my new neighbor and she it HAWT!!!!

im gonna have to get a hot tub
Old 01-19-2006
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
uh, how about we get back on topic....it is the owner of the site we're dis-obeying....I'm lookin forward to you comin here D, if we have a meet when your here think you'll come down for a camio?
Old 01-19-2006

dude..we cant even organize a bbq...were not gonna meet up with derek..lol

we have been here for years and without den dad JT getting us all in the van and taking us someplace to meet, it will never happen..lol

Quick Reply: If someone were to move to Phoenix