Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

'02 EX VS '02 HX

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003
Just Be

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MangoEX should not be trusted
'02 EX VS '02 HX

Both coupes, mine is an auto and (HX dont have 4 forward gears right? its infinitely variable???) So its an old man and hes pointing and joking around and laughing, so im like ok.. lets go.. Light turns green and we both mash the pedal and im SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY pulling on him through first, and my Injen CAI screams as it approaches the shift point, but once i hit second, he started pulling and we shut it down at 70 and he had a car length and a half on me... i dont get it. Why is my EX so slow??? I should of at least tied him........ maybe not though.. what do I know about HXs? Can someone give more info on their stats
Old 02-06-2003

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
theoretically, you should have won.....

but still....many factors are involved....could be anything

well.....i can't give you my stats yet cuz i haven't gotten a chance to run
my baby yet.....

dunno i'll post the slips once the tracks open
Old 02-06-2003
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
CVT owns j00![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

2000SiRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry man...that really sucks. Especially against an old man and everything. Better luck nextime though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Though I haven't seen a dynograph, the HX should make more torque than an EX at low RPMs. Also, a 10hp difference in an auto is nothing vs. an HX CVT when you have a "normal" automatic. I've even heard of the HX winning when it's 5spd vs. 5spd.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
itsnt it embarasing that your car was "screaming to redline" with that CAI yet the stock HX still beat you? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Reliving moments like that is fun! lol.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

2000SiRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the average 1/4 time for an auto 7th Gen EX like yours? I've never had the chance to race a 7th Gen and really haven't seen any times yet.
Old 02-07-2003
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I didn't think that the HX was that good[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Well maybe that "supposed" 12+ hp that you intake gives you isn't really what it seems huh? Or maybe its not the car, but the driver. Either way you should have won.

Maybe an AEM intake would have given you 15+ hp to the wheels.
Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

BooHa is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. It's not always the car but can also be the driver. I'm still laughing at the fact that Gramps showed you up. I'd find him and get my dignity back if I was you.
Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

neeedforspeeeeed is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] bad times man...bad times
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

BagheadPart2 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: MangoEX
mine is an auto
Why is my EX so slow???[hr]
you answered your own question amigo.

Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no telling why he won. You should have ripped him a new A-hole. Who knows its all about having fun anyways.
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

Mitch is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a HX 5spd. The torque curve is more bottom end then the EX. I kind of like the final drive ratio too, I have noticed that I can get that car length when others are shifting. Just my .02
Old 02-12-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: 2000SiRacer
What's the average 1/4 time for an auto 7th Gen EX like yours? I've never had the chance to race a 7th Gen and really haven't seen any times yet.[hr]
i did 16.4-16.6 on gtech...nothing on the track though and its a stick.
Old 02-12-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Man, that is almost as bad as when i got swooped on by a 70+ year old lady who was pretending she was gonna make a left turn. It was funny because I looked over and chuckled because she looked like the "Where's the Beef" Wendy's lady!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2003
Registered!!

MrFresh is an unknown quantity at this point
When I added an AEM CAI to my otherwise stock 02 EX 5 speed I didn't really notice a diff at all, I think it gave me maybe 5 hp...but when I added a World Sport catback exhaust it made a world of diff.
Old 02-14-2003
Registered!!

gorbachev is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: MangoEX
Both coupes, mine is an auto and (HX dont have 4 forward gears right? its infinitely variable???) So its an old man and hes pointing and joking around and laughing, so im like ok.. lets go.. Light turns green and we both mash the pedal and im SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY pulling on him through first, and my Injen CAI screams as it approaches the shift point, but once i hit second, he started pulling and we shut it down at 70 and he had a car length and a half on me... i dont get it. Why is my EX so slow??? I should of at least tied him........ maybe not though.. what do I know about HXs? Can someone give more info on their stats[hr]

you have and automatic and a cai?? i though they dont make cais for autos but only for 5 speeds
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
to reply to the last post, yes they DO make CAI for AT...Injen makes a Race Division CAI for the 01-03 civic EX 2DR...www.optauto.com....anyways, to the guy who lost to the old man....i have an EX Auto...nicely tuned if i may say so, and all im wonderin iz how u lost to an HX?? u make us EX owners feel sympathy for ya...did u launch on grandpa? i mean, just like everyone said in here....u should have whooped hiz candy azz! instead you got your [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] handed to you...sad, but true....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-15-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
well i always thought that those CVT's were supposed to be more like a manual tansmisson and not lose so much power when they shift so i would think that that would make it quicker but other than that i dont know much more about them. just a thought for next time you see gramps, since you have an automatic, have 1 foot on the brake and 1 on the gas rev'ing, rev it up to around 3500 rpms or so and launch, dont know if that will do any good but i hear from people it makes for quicker lanuches but it could also just mess with the brakes, so give it a try!
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

noahnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver has alot to do with it. So gramps smoked you!! I hate that. oh well you'll get em next time TIGER!!
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

PatrickB is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: noahnoah
Driver has alot to do with it. So gramps smoked you!! I hate that. oh well you'll get em next time TIGER!![hr]
driver has nothing to do with it when u have an auto. n/a civics are just slow [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, the fact that you were slightly ahead through 1st says something....sounds like the hx's gearing beat you to me....Grandpa could have NOS! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]