Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

95 cavalier or 02 civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
95 cavalier or 02 civic

ok i posted this b4 but i wanna see how people respond this time around. who would win in a race 1/4 mile and 0-60? my 2002 civic ex coupe auto with aem sri, full xenon bodykit, reactive muffler w/ removed resonator, 2 bandpass 12 subs, and aluminum spoiler? or my friends 95 cavalier base model automatic full bomex bodykit 2 12 inch subs lowered ??
Old 01-12-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Not that you can call 2 automatics a race. But the only way I know to find out is to just race.

*warning* some people are probably gonna flame you on this one because we have been over this Cav vs. Civic deal hundreds of times.
Old 01-12-2003
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends on the driver.. but I'd say the Civic.
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

Steeminpoo18 is an unknown quantity at this point
well wish the civic was standard but just go for the race man! since you have alot more stuff than he does
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
vic!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2003

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Not that you can call 2 automatics a race. But the only way I know to find out is to just race.

*warning* some people are probably gonna flame you on this one because we have been over this Cav vs. Civic deal hundreds of times.[hr]
what would you call it then??? What does it matter if its an auto or manual??? Its still 2 cars going as fast as they can against each other .....Thats like sayin. "you can't really call it a race because its ONLY a civic and a cavi".....
Old 01-13-2003
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Civic
Old 01-14-2003
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

DaPipeLayer is an unknown quantity at this point
A little off topic here, but I have no knowledge about Cavs' so what I am wondering is if anybody knows how much HP header and exhaust would give to a Cav? My girlfriend's step dad has a 95 Cav 5 spd and thats what it has in it. I've gone for a ride in it and it seems to get up and go faster than my Lx 5spd which has CAI and Cat-back exhaust. The only advantage I see that my lx has over the cavy is that my car will go past 100 mph, lol.
Old 01-14-2003
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cavalier LS Sedan
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 120 hp
Max Horsepower: 5200 rpm
Torque: 130 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm
Drive Type: FWD

Auto for Auto.. i say Cavalier, more hp, more torque.
Old 01-14-2003
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

*warning* some people are probably gonna flame you on this one because we have been over this Cav vs. Civic deal hundreds of times.[hr]
I have to aggree on this post, You can post ***** all you like, most of the time its cool, but bringin **** up about how its not racing if your in an automatic is just total b/s.

Im gonna take it a step further and comment on my own opinion. 2 morons that beat the hell out of their little 4 bangers (manual or auto) off of red lights is not a race. If you cant post a timeslip then it shouldnt count.

Besides, driving in a straight line is jsut stupid, whats it going to prove? who spent more on their car and who can shift faster? Big freakin deal. Take an automatic corvette and line it up next to a manual corvette, the automatic is faster in the 1/4, shifts cleaner (wont throw a bad shift), more consistant, and heres the kick in the pants..... GETS BETTER GAS MILEAGE! Take it on the track and see how well your little red light runner does then.

Im personally getting so tired of ignorant morons crapping on automatic transmissions just because all they know is that an auto civic is slower than a manual civic. Wake up and look around. Its not the 60s anymore. any decent vehicle with an automatic is just as good, if not better than its manual counterpart.

The only real debate you can bring up on opinion of manual transmission is whether you find it "more fun" to drive as a street car. on real roads in real situations, they only thing you gain from a manual transmission is the use of BOTH feet and BOTH hands just to go to work and back home, or to a friends house and back and so on.... How many of you can honestly say that you are going to enjoy driving a stick shift your entire life, red light... clutch, brake. green light shift to 1, clutch, shift to 2, clutch, shift to 3, red light..... clutch brake. Gets kinda irritating after becoming a daily routine for 20 to 40 minutes a day each way, sometimes even more!
Old 01-14-2003
Registered!!

hahausux should not be trusted
[hr]posted by OmegaBlue2k1[hr]
[hr]The only real debate you can bring up on opinion of manual transmission is whether you find it "more fun" to drive as a street car. on real roads in real situations, they only thing you gain from a manual transmission is the use of BOTH feet and BOTH hands just to go to work and back home, or to a friends house and back and so on.... How many of you can honestly say that you are going to enjoy driving a stick shift your entire life, red light... clutch, brake. green light shift to 1, clutch, shift to 2, clutch, shift to 3, red light..... clutch brake. Gets kinda irritating after becoming a daily routine for 20 to 40 minutes a day each way, sometimes even more! [hr]
I take it that you do not drive a manual or driven one for a extended period of time... It becomes habit you don't even realize you are doing it.

In some rare cases an automatic will be faster than its manual counter part. Yes you will get more "on the money" times but hands down 95 % of manual cars are faster than there automatic brethren. don't get me wrong a race is a race auto or stick. I will have to agree with you any one can drive a strait line but let me see you beat me on some back country road.

Old 01-15-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
The only time an auto may be better is in certain full blown race cars, putting down a lot of power.

For a street driven car, the manual counterpart will always be faster, given the person can actually drive stick shift.

And hahausux is right. It's 2nd nature to me driving a stick shift. never do I sit and say I hate driving stick every day. I never even think about it. It's just an afterthought every time I have to shift, unless racing.
Old 01-15-2003
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1

I have to aggree on this post, You can post ***** all you like, most of the time its cool, but bringin **** up about how its not racing if your in an automatic is just total b/s.

Im gonna take it a step further and comment on my own opinion. 2 morons that beat the hell out of their little 4 bangers (manual or auto) off of red lights is not a race. If you cant post a timeslip then it shouldnt count.

Besides, driving in a straight line is jsut stupid, whats it going to prove? who spent more on their car and who can shift faster? Big freakin deal. Take an automatic corvette and line it up next to a manual corvette, the automatic is faster in the 1/4, shifts cleaner (wont throw a bad shift), more consistant, and heres the kick in the pants..... GETS BETTER GAS MILEAGE! Take it on the track and see how well your little red light runner does then.

Im personally getting so tired of ignorant morons crapping on automatic transmissions just because all they know is that an auto civic is slower than a manual civic. Wake up and look around. Its not the 60s anymore. any decent vehicle with an automatic is just as good, if not better than its manual counterpart.

The only real debate you can bring up on opinion of manual transmission is whether you find it "more fun" to drive as a street car. on real roads in real situations, they only thing you gain from a manual transmission is the use of BOTH feet and BOTH hands just to go to work and back home, or to a friends house and back and so on.... How many of you can honestly say that you are going to enjoy driving a stick shift your entire life, red light... clutch, brake. green light shift to 1, clutch, shift to 2, clutch, shift to 3, red light..... clutch brake. Gets kinda irritating after becoming a daily routine for 20 to 40 minutes a day each way, sometimes even more![hr]

Lemme guess.. your 350z is automatic?

And yes, once you go stick, it's natural. I live in Vancouver, and i can tell you the rush hours here are bad. And it's 2nd nature like taking a **** even in rush hour to shift back and forth i don't even need to think about it.
Old 01-15-2003
Registered!!

Toretto is an unknown quantity at this point
the SiBiK will win cuz i think the cavi wieghs more then the SiBiK...
but the cavi has more TQ off the line, when i race my friends 97 cavi
he pulls hard off the line, but in 2nd gear i start to pass him by 2-3 cars
Old 01-15-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Yes, I know that a race is a race no matter what the transmission of the car. I guess what I was trying to say is that there is absolutely NOTHING to do with skill in racing an automatic. You hold the wheel and press the gas. Manuals require lots of practice learning correct launch speeds, shift points, how fast you can shift, knowing what gear is where in the shift so you dont mis shift.

That's what I meant to say.

Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
good race bro
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: n00dleboy
Cavalier LS Sedan
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 120 hp
Max Horsepower: 5200 rpm
Torque: 130 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm
Drive Type: FWD

Auto for Auto.. i say Cavalier, more hp, more torque.[hr]
HUH my 2k2 civic EX has less power?? last time i checked its 127 hp and 114tq and it weighs 2658
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

RyzRocket02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I know that a race is a race no matter what the transmission of the car. I guess what I was trying to say is that there is absolutely NOTHING to do with skill in racing an automatic. You hold the wheel and press the gas. Manuals require lots of practice learning correct launch speeds, shift points, how fast you can shift, knowing what gear is where in the shift so you dont mis shift.[hr]
C'mon people. Running quarter miles takes no skill. You rev, wait for the light, let out the clutch and go. How hard can that be??? Want real skill FlyRiceRacer? Go autocrossing or rallying. I'm too chicken to take my car rallying (I'd die if it get scratched), but I promise you that AutoX takes a hell of a lot more skill. Not to mention it involves shifting and launching too. Get off the quarter tracks and do the real thing.

Old 01-18-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: RyzRocket02
Yes, I know that a race is a race no matter what the transmission of the car. I guess what I was trying to say is that there is absolutely NOTHING to do with skill in racing an automatic. You hold the wheel and press the gas. Manuals require lots of practice learning correct launch speeds, shift points, how fast you can shift, knowing what gear is where in the shift so you dont mis shift.[hr]
C'mon people. Running quarter miles takes no skill. You rev, wait for the light, let out the clutch and go. How hard can that be??? Want real skill FlyRiceRacer? Go autocrossing or rallying. I'm too chicken to take my car rallying (I'd die if it get scratched), but I promise you that AutoX takes a hell of a lot more skill. Not to mention it involves shifting and launching too. Get off the quarter tracks and do the real thing.[hr]
oh really? 1/4 mile takes no skill? You're right, it must not take any skill and we can all break 15's in our civics. and all LS1's that run do low 13's. And all S2000's do high 13's.

1/4 mile takes skill..... otherwise we'd all be runnin the same damn times.