Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

new 1/4 mile time for the Lx

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SaiyanMatador is an unknown quantity at this point
TCS header is the one long tube they sell at the civic store online.

and yes boilermaker thats what I meant to say for lack of better terms [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2002
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
moving to street encounters (since that's also the track forum)
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

can we get a drag racing board, something strictly for at the track racing?

share tips and tricks with weight, mods, launching, shifting tech. etc
Old 12-22-2002
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Come up with a thread that has tips for track racing, launching, shifting, etc, and I'll make it sticky.
Old 12-23-2002
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
[hr]weight reduction..... all steelies for wheels. 17's are too heavy to race on[hr]
This is not exactly right.

Your steelies weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-19 lbs. I can go out and buy many 17" rims that weight less than 18 lbs.
What you probably meant to say was that your 14" steelies have less inertia than a 17" rim. This is the statement you want. The reasoning behind the smaller rim and faster time lies in the torque required to turn the wheels. Smaller rims have a smaller moment (torque) arm and therefore provide faster starts. Your 14's take less torque to turn, so they get rolling faster. Smaller rims also give you more sidewall... drag racing is one of very few places where big sidewalls are a good thing.... They can "bunch up" (for lack of a better term) so there is a recoil effect and less tirespin. Low sidewall tires are not as flexable since they have less of a sidewall to compress. This is the reason pro drag cars have huge sidewalls and small rims.
You're partially right... 14's are better than 17's to drag race on... but not because they're lighter... it's because they have less inertia.[hr]
Damn, cought it, didn't read your whole post boilermaker, I was going to correct you, but you are entirely correct lol
Old 12-25-2002
Registered!!

BaNgCiViC2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
id like to brag about my ex 1/4 mile time but i dont got ne slips ..
Old 12-25-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
Good Job Phat

Old 12-28-2002
Registered!!

BaNgCiViC2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
is it true per 10 pounds reduction is about 1 hp gain, i read it in import tuner - well i took my pasenger seat out , the spare and the cardboard in the trunk and like a bunch of **** must of weighed a good 70 pounds lol.. seemed liek it had more power, my tires were spinning like crazy off the startand for sum reason when my tires spin the car go to teh right so i almost ran off teh road into the car i was racing..
Old 12-29-2002
Registered!!

Todd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
not bad for a lx!!!
Old 12-29-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
[hr]weight reduction..... all steelies for wheels. 17's are too heavy to race on[hr]
This is not exactly right.

Your steelies weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-19 lbs. I can go out and buy many 17" rims that weight less than 18 lbs.
What you probably meant to say was that your 14" steelies have less inertia than a 17" rim. This is the statement you want. The reasoning behind the smaller rim and faster time lies in the torque required to turn the wheels. Smaller rims have a smaller moment (torque) arm and therefore provide faster starts. Your 14's take less torque to turn, so they get rolling faster. Smaller rims also give you more sidewall... drag racing is one of very few places where big sidewalls are a good thing.... They can "bunch up" (for lack of a better term) so there is a recoil effect and less tirespin. Low sidewall tires are not as flexable since they have less of a sidewall to compress. This is the reason pro drag cars have huge sidewalls and small rims.
You're partially right... 14's are better than 17's to drag race on... but not because they're lighter... it's because they have less inertia.[hr]
I agree for the most part with one exception. If the 14" steelies are in fact lighter than his 17" rims, they have less inertia because they are lighter, not necessarily because they are smaller. The fact that the diameter is smaller (if indeed it is) does help because they weight is closer to center and the effects on gear ratio.

Look at it this way, a 14 steel wheel will not travel as far as a 14" styrofoam wheel when pushed with the same force because the stryofoam wheel has less mass which equals less inertia.

Lastly, you would see a further reduction in your times if you picked up a set of 15" konig heliums, 15" rota slipstreams, or something similar. I bet they would be good for a couple tenths of a second.

Edit:Congrats on the time! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

supercivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Todd1
not bad for a lx!!![hr]
The Lx's are faster then the EX's in the first place.
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

flipper232stang is an unknown quantity at this point
wait, 15.6@88 is fast for you guys? thats funny...
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

CANcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey rustang man, Instead of spending your time trolling this forum why dont you get a part time job, save up and go buy a real mustang. One with a v8.
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: CANcivic
Hey rustang man, Instead of spending your time trolling this forum why dont you get a part time job, save up and go buy a real mustang. One with a v8. [hr]
lol thats funny....noooo not because you're laughing at me, but because my stock v6 can take one of your "fast" cars
and its not really wasting my time really cuz it doesnt take but a few seconds to look through and post
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

Really, well how about you tell me what kind of quarter mile times your stock v6 stang does?
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

guys, don't feed the trolls.

But I will say this, I never said it was fast hell I stated that in my original post but I'm am happy to see the car lost almost 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 time with just a few bolt ons....
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

i second that notion donald on the 1.5 second time, hehe
eric
Old 12-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
V6 Mustang.. OMG what a joke. Everytime I see one I laugh, especially if the person driving it thinks it fast. If its an old person then I can understand since they dont need a fast car anyways. But for the rest of those who want a performance car, why would you even consider a V6 Stang?

BTW, check out the specs from carpoint.com on the V6 version. 2003 V6 1/4 mile time The 3.8L automatic does a whopping 17.1 in the 1/4 mile.. LOL and the manual does 16.3? ACK! So yeah, 15.8 aint to shabby of a time considering a 3.8L has 2.1L more engine.
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

Ouch!
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

woa...couldnt have picked a more innacurate site considering when the most obvious thing was that the top speed isnt 109 mph and 112 mph at all...top speed is 116 due to the speed governor and theres plenty more revs left...people have been known to get rid of the govner on stock v6's and get them to 135 mph

and ive found going by ratings from magazines/sites are almsot always very inaccurate considering motor trend i believe it was got the v6 to do 14.7 and then this site is saying low 17's...

ive found car-stats.com is usually the best

the 2000 V6 was rated at 15.5 which if you look at most time slips for a v6, thats just about right on the average
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
No, I find being at an actual track for any length of time is "the best" source for real world examples. Get off the bench and actually go race instead of quoting and disputing INTERNET (of all things) times.
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: HondaGuru
No, I find being at an actual track for any length of time is "the best" source for real world examples. Get off the bench and actually go race instead of quoting and disputing INTERNET (of all things) times.[hr]
lol i love when people all of a sudden know your life story and everywhere you been. ive been to a track and ive seen it in person. ive been up only about 2 times because the closest track is about 3 hours away...1 time was for ford power fest and the other time was to race, but my tires were too bald. however i have witnessed v6's of all types- stock to stroked and blown running from 11's to high 16's. ive seen stock v6's one run doing low low 15's then the next running high 16's...these cars are very dependent on the driver

please dont talk unless you know for sure that i havent been to a track
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: flipper232stang
woa...couldnt have picked a more innacurate site considering when the most obvious thing was that the top speed isnt 109 mph and 112 mph at all...top speed is 116 due to the speed governor and theres plenty more revs left...people have been known to get rid of the govner on stock v6's and get them to 135 mph

and ive found going by ratings from magazines/sites are almsot always very inaccurate considering motor trend i believe it was got the v6 to do 14.7 and then this site is saying low 17's...

ive found car-stats.com is usually the best

the 2000 V6 was rated at 15.5 which if you look at most time slips for a v6, thats just about right on the average[hr]
Car-stats is the best? I doubt that very much. You even said it yourself that car magazines are very inaccurate, which car-stats.com seems to get most of their info from or from users who submit times themeselves. For all we know that 15.5 could of been a modded V6 Stang. Read what Edmunds.com says
here about what they got on the 2001 V6 Stang. If you average your 15.5(from car-stats) time and 16.3(manual tranny time from carpoint.com) that puts the Stang at about 15.8 as a probable average. In other words, its just as slow as our Civics but with worse gas mileage.

EDIT: I found this Ford forum with peeps who own 3.8L Stangs that posted their 1/4 mile times here: 3.8L V6 Times

Some of them even have mods arent impressive, in fact some are slower than a stock Civic.
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

yah as i said before, drivers ability plays a big role...also take note whether its a 94-98 which horrible...ive seen a guy turn 16's all day long with his modded 6 then give it to his friend who got it on his 1st try down to 14.01

this site should be www.misunderstanding.com btw-

i meant magazines really are innacurate (and i left one word out) BUT car-stats is the best if any

Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: flipper232stang
yah as i said before, drivers ability plays a big role...also take note whether its a 94-98 which horrible...ive seen a guy turn 16's all day long with his modded 6 then give it to his friend who got it on his 1st try down to 14.01

this site should be www.misunderstanding.com btw-

i meant magazines really are innacurate (and i left one word out) BUT car-stats is the best if any[hr]

Riiioght.. dood I'm not a hater, but face it, your car is slow and isnt any faster then our Civics when both are in stock config. In the modded world, its anyones game..
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]1 time was for ford power fest and the other time was to race, but my tires were too bald. however i have witnessed v6's of all types- stock to stroked and blown running from 11's to high 16's. ive seen stock v6's one run doing low low 15's then the next running high 16's...these cars are very dependent on the driver[hr]
and you see honda's running those same times, again along with your magazine point there is no creditability to your posts....if you find it funny beat the time. its just a civic [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

[hr]lol i love when people all of a sudden know your life story and everywhere you been. ive been to a track and ive seen it in person. ive been up only about 2 times because the closest track is about 3 hours away...1 time was for ford power fest and the other time was to race, but my tires were too bald. however i have witnessed v6's of all types- stock to stroked and blown running from 11's to high 16's. ive seen stock v6's one run doing low low 15's then the next running high 16's...these cars are very dependent on the driver[hr]
excuses excuses excuses, your a funny guy considering that your so called fast v6 hasnt proven a damn thing to us, were civics your a stang, keep to your own kind and well keep showing you up at the track
eric
Old 01-05-2003
Registered!!

boostinonebar is an unknown quantity at this point
Superstang you must be teh best driver in the world! I have yet to see one stock V6 stang that has broken out of the 16's stock on every V6 mustang site on the net. some of the autos are barely breaking into the 16's, dude I'll race you in my 1986 datsun pickup since I doubt you could even give the civic a run for its money. BTW have you ever taken your car down the track? whats your personal best....oh and if its below a 16 dont even bother posting it without a timeslip and you mods.

Old 01-11-2003
Registered!!

hit a 2.24 sixty foot on thursday night at firebird raceway in phoenix, if no one else knew it rained the day before and it was hella slick, wrxs couldnt even get traction
eric
Old 01-11-2003
Registered!!

oh and got the timeslip in the car if anyone wants proof
eric

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time for the Lx