Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Sats. AutoX Vids: My Civic, Sponsors K-Civic, '11 STi, '65 Supercharged Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicexracer will become famous soon enough
Sats. AutoX Vids: My Civic, Sponsors K-Civic, '11 STi, '65 Supercharged Cobra

This was my first event on brand spankin new RE-11's. I had them previous to this set, but they were 2+ years old and down to 3/32nds. Still plenty of tread but the compound was showing signs of being heat cycled out. Needless to say, I forgot how much grip these tires have when new and how soft they really were compared to my old ones. My first run I underestimated them and really underdrove the car. Picked up time but not as much as I wanted... anyways here some vids/pics.

My car. Fastest run is my 3rd with a 41.52. I was pretty consistant all day, which is great, but not always fast lol.
http://youtu.be/vOlUZ5bIMuk

my car and sponsors car

My sponsors(www.karcepts.com) '94 Civic hatch with a built K24 swap. He was last years SCCA SMF National Champion with this car, his first time ever to Nationals... He took first in Index time and 2nd in raw time for this event with a 38.04(3.48seconds faster than my best..). This was his first event this season and for about 5-6 months as well haha, not bad for shaking the looong off season cobwebs off..
http://youtu.be/ybB9u32WYOY

Here's a buddies brand new '11 Subaru STi, literally just broken in. He's now a new member of Rubber Duckie Racing :woot:This was his first event ever. He's actually another RDR members(owner of red RSX in my sig) co-worker and he's previously been into motorcycle racing but is looking for another adrenline rush with cars lol. Did pretty well for his first time out. Here are his first 3 runs with me instructing him. His 3rd run was his best all day with a 46.72.
http://youtu.be/_ojmXctBIGg
Name:  5697459739_dddd4f6469_b.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  71.8 KB

And here is a buddies Vortech supercharged '65 FFR Cobra. He ended up taking fastest raw time of the day, just BARELY beating out my sponsor by just 0.04seconds!! with a 38.00. That's a close race lol.
http://youtu.be/hjt2ZTv4yfk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5697459739_dddd4f6469_b.jpg (71.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Sats. AutoX Vids: My Civic, Sponsors K-Civic, '11 STi, '65 Supercharged Cobra

niiice!
I wish i could run here in QC, but most events are kind of... underground types... no SCCA or NASA up here...
Yeah, i remember when i took the RE01R's out for a set of RE760 - i had to soften the dampers for the tires to have a chance of gripping... monstruous difference...
Old 05-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicexracer will become famous soon enough
Re: Sats. AutoX Vids: My Civic, Sponsors K-Civic, '11 STi, '65 Supercharged Cobra

I'm pretty spoiled in my region. I have 6 AutoX clubs to run with that hold events all within 1 hour drive of me. SCCA Washington D.C. Region, Autocrossers Incorporated which is a SCCA sanctioned club under WDCR, Capital Driving Club(which is the club for this particular event), National Capital Chapter BMW CCA, Chesapeake Porsche Club and Potomac Porsche Club. If I want more, I could drive about 2 hours and run with Philly SCCA, Corvette Club, and some others. It's no wonder my region has quite a few national level drivers lol.

I normally do about 30 events a year. I technically could do more, but 30 is plenty lol.
Old 05-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

envy you...
envy you...
The few events i can't go because i need to drive the car back in a few weeks to TN from QC... aaaargh!