Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Problems with my v-tec

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-TEC 4 lyfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems with my v-tec

Hey fellow civic racers! I have a 99 civic ex with a spoiler and c f hood and when v-tec spools up, I seem to beat everyone on the streets. I also have a 99 cr-v and it's v-tec doesn't spool up like my civics does. Has anyone had this problem? My cr-v should be faster cause my civic beats it by at least a car length in the quarter mile. What should i do because yesterday I was waiting for v-tec to spool so I could beat a bus but it didn't happen. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problems with my v-tec

If your vtec wasn't working right, your car would throw a check engine light (probably P1259) and throw itself into limp mode (i.e. won't rev past 4000 rpm).

Just for the record, vtec doesn't spool up.
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

Also, I just recently bought a suspension kit for 2400 and installed into my beast. Why hasn't my acceleration improved? I still go to 60 miles per hour in more than ten seconds something seems wrong. My car doesn't feel like the rocket it used to be and I am debating getting a air induction to really speed up my times? Will that allow more wheel spin? Thank
Old 11-06-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Uhm, your civic is like 2k pounds, while your cr-v is like 3k pounds?

VTEC isnt as efficient in a SUV as in a 4 banger small car even if it has more HP

VTEC works in your CR-V, its not as loud either, i know, i have a 05 CR-V
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Uhm, your civic is like 2k pounds, while your cr-v is like 3k pounds?

VTEC isnt as efficient in a SUV as in a 4 banger small car even if it has more HP

VTEC works in your CR-V, its not as loud either, i know, i have a 05 CR-V
That being said, QUIT STREET RACING. Your endangering yourself and everybody around you.
Old 11-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just for the record, vtec doesn't spool up.
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

How can I quit street racing? It's so fun and civics are built for racing
so I'm just trying to take advantage of the 5000 bucks I have invested in this beast. Plus I race safely I will weave through cars that are in my way, that's what the shoulder is for. I can easily hit 70 miles per hour on a slight uphill. I beat a range rover turbo today maybe my v-tec is spooling well.!
Old 11-06-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by V-TEC 4 lyfe
so I'm just trying to take advantage of the 5000 bucks I have invested in this beast. Plus I race safely I will weave through cars that are in my way, that's what the shoulder is for. I can easily hit 70 miles per hour on a slight uphill. I beat a range rover turbo today maybe my v-tec is spooling well.!
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Kenny on this one. As far as I know, my Civic was built as an econo-car...
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by V-TEC 4 lyfe
please tell me you're fu.cking kidding me. That is not racing safely. Racing safely is taking your happy *** to the track and paying the 10-or-so bucks to race.

And do you know how VTEC works? It doesn't spool. Turbos spool. Vtec energizes a solenoid to more-or-less "activate" another set of lobes on the cam.

And as my Civic sits, there are about $12,000 worth of mods on it, and at least I KNOW my Civic is still slow.
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

I thought ex stood for extreme?? My civic is fwd so it must be race ready
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

nevermind. You're obviously a troll.
Old 11-06-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
nevermind. You're obviously a troll.
I kinda figured that on his racing post

but still....
BRB....gotta go bang my head a little

My EX stands for "Extremely Slow"
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

the middle of my forehead's bleeding from banging it on my desk to make my brain stop hurting. Is this really how people not in the import scene see anyone with a modded Civic?
Old 11-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah dude. I don't get it. I mean, I understand why people love Civics(or Hondas in general). I just think a few bad apples give this car a bad rep.
Old 11-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Not even just Hondas. Bad apples in the "import scene" does it for anyone that drives a Japanese car. It just so happens we get targeted because we drive the biggest culprit. I've seen my fair share of neons, cavaliers, mustangs, etc that have been done up worse than many imports I've seen. Life goes on, right?
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

I don't know how you Can spend 12 k on your civic and it's still slow are you doing tastless upgrades? I put 5k into mine and I can slap anyones *** on the street do you have v-tec? I'm not dissing bro I just wanted to make friends on this site I'm new
Old 11-06-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

LOL.Sorry to say buddy,but Civics aren't fast.You're gonna need a lot more than $5,000 to make your Civic anywhere near "fast".The only Civic that was ever built to go fast is the Type R.And you don't have one.Besides,VTEC isn't much of a big deal.Just a sign that your car doesn't make power until high RPM.Why do I feel like this guy is n00bkiller?Or some other troll.

Last edited by VTEC-4.0; 11-06-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2010
Trance Addict

I prefer performance. Others, style. It doesn't matter. It's their car. You just sound like an *** right now. I'm done feeding the troll.
Old 11-06-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

If your post,MelJ,is directed at me,I'm just saying I'm tired of guys like this.They think Civics are so fast,but they're not.Plus he's a street racer which ticks me off even more.And it's pretty clear he knows nothing about cars since he thinks VTEC spools,suspension kits make cars faster,and in his other thread he said his Civic smoked an M3.Now I'm done.
Old 11-06-2010
Trance Addict

Lol. Nah. I was talking about the OP. I probably should have used the quote button.
Old 11-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Name:  troll.png
Views: 39
Size:  279.4 KB
Old 11-07-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Name:  258Troll_spray.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  29.1 KB
Old 11-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Name:  troll4.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  23.8 KB