Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Which Civic to win?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cjski04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Which Civic to win?

Which civic would win in say a quarter mile...
My Civic:
2005 Civic lx coupe
K&N short ram intake
Agency Exhaust
Anyone know how much hp i may be pullin and torque?
like 130 maybe haha if that idk what it is stock

His Civic:
2010 Civic lx coupe
Stock everything
Anyone know how much hp hes pullin as well as torque?

Who would win!?
He thinks his would walk mine and it may but idk
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Civic to win?

auto or manual?

edit: eh, regardless, the 2010 would win. There's no way in hell you're putting anything more than 110 to the wheels with nothing but bolt-ons..

the R18 is rated at 140bhp or so?

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-22-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

both auto... r18?
Old 08-22-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

You wouldn't win.His 2010 Civic puts out 138hp and 128 ft lb of torque.And no,you only out put 115hp and 110 ft lb of torque stock.Your mods might've only added a few hp.Plus his 2010 Civic LX has a bigger displacement,compression ratio,bore,and stroke.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

alright, someone told me something bout getting the car tuned so that ur mods will get full effect..if i tune it will it gain those hp from the mods?
Old 08-22-2010

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cjski04
alright, someone told me something bout getting the car tuned so that ur mods will get full effect..if i tune it will it gain those hp from the mods?
Either way,you won't gain much hp.The gain won't be noticeable when driving.
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

R18 is the engine the 06-10 non-si civics have

Just a comparison, some repeated info from above,
R18A1 (06-10 non-si)
1.8L, 10.5:1 Compression Ratio, 138bhp, 128ft-lbs torque
D17A1 (01-05 dx/lx)
1.7L, 9.5:1 Compression Ratio, 115bhp, 110ft-lbs torque

Mind you, the D17A2 (01-05 ex) gets 90-some horsepower at the wheels for an auto, 110 or so at the wheels with a manual tranny, and that's with 127 brake horsepower
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

dang thats a lot of horsepower....hahaha...either way i look cooler in mine, or i just look pathetic haha...so what bout the tuning thing
Old 08-22-2010

It won't be much of a gain.You probably won't notice anything.It's only an intake and exhaust.That's not much.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

What's the weight difference between the different gens?
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

probably nothing noticeable like mentioned above..
It took a turbo at 2.5 psi to get me above 140 horses at the wheels..
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

i thought those were some good things to put into a car to gain hp...idk what else besides turbo and all that
Old 08-22-2010

i thought those were some good things to put into a car to gain hp...idk what else besides turbo and all that
Well the next mod should be a header.
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

on a D17, bolt-ons don't do much..

weight differences, 7thgen - 24xxlbs, 8thgen - 26xxlbs
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

how much hp gain from that..those like 300 too...i mean idont wannaput to much in cuz i dont think the car has too much potential...05 civic lx...automatic haha
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

You can always take pride in building a fun car to drive in.. doesn't necessarily need a lot of horsepower, just enough to make people go "wtf... that's a civic, right?"

I'd be happy putting 200-230 a the wheels. I don't really drag race my car, nor do I take my car to shows. I just like having fun while I drive, and if I have a little more pep to my step, then so much the better.
Old 08-22-2010

Originally Posted by lazlong
What's the weight difference between the different gens?
2010 Civic weighs 2588 pounds.2005 Civic weighs 2507 pounds.So it's about a 81 pound difference.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
You can always take pride in building a fun car to drive in.. doesn't necessarily need a lot of horsepower, just enough to make people go "wtf... that's a civic, right?"

I'd be happy putting 200-230 a the wheels. I don't really drag race my car, nor do I take my car to shows. I just like having fun while I drive, and if I have a little more pep to my step, then so much the better.
Ive seen you on many posts...you really seem to know what your talking about...btw your civic is beast...I like how youve owned a civic since you were like 16 right? Im 16 now and this is my second car so my motto is, if you don't have a fast car, make it look and sound like one haha..but i mean really how much would i have to put in to even get to 200 hp...alot of money...whats the deal with the d2 and d3 thing on the shifter...i know its lower gear but why use that...Riceboy I like your style...driving for fun rather then competition is cool, doesn't matter what other people think...
Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Ive seen you on many posts...you really seem to know what your talking about...btw your civic is beast...I like how youve owned a civic since you were like 16 right? Im 16 now and this is my second car so my motto is, if you don't have a fast car, make it look and sound like one haha..but i mean really how much would i have to put in to even get to 200 hp...alot of money...whats the deal with the d2 and d3 thing on the shifter...i know its lower gear but why use that...Riceboy I like your style...driving for fun rather then competition is cool, doesn't matter what other people think...
Heh, thanks. I do what I want to my car because it's mine. If someone doesn't like it, tough ****, it's not theirs. So far, most people like my car when they see it, even if their initial reaction is "wow.. you drive a rice rocket..? *rolls eyes*"

I just kinda know what I'm talking about because I've been tinkering with this car since I've had it. Got it when I was 17 (August 2002), 2.5 months before my 18th birthday, with 6 miles on the odometer. I either know stuff because I've researched it, done it, or I've messed it up and learned from my mistakes.

The d2 and d3 limit what your tranny can shift to. If I'm not mistaken, the D17 AT is a 4 speed auto. The D3 makes it so the AT won't shift to 4th gear, D2 won't shift to 3rd or 4th. It helps when you have a semi-heavy loaded car on an uphill incline. Driving my aunt's 02 accord with 4 people in the car driving to LA from Vegas, I shifted to D3 because the constant shifting between 4th and 3rd annoyed me. The engine couldn't maintain the uphill speed, so it would downshift to 3rd in order to speed up to 75, then shift to 4th because the ECU saw it fit to shift. Then it would repeat the process all over again.
Old 08-22-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

as they say anything can be made fast. at least you have a good looking car. the 01-05 coupes are my fave for body styles, that's why i got one =). i've never liked hatch's coupe's are where it's at, i like my cars the same as my girls, nice hips and *** XD, hatch's have no butt. i should dyno my car to see what i've gained but i've only put on the basic bolt on's and my car is very noticably faster (short ram intake, high flow cat. and matching 2.25" pipes all the way from downpipe to exhaust). i'd guess your car wouldn't match mine in over all hp if you did the same but it would probably have a greater % of hp gain compared to stock then i got because the exhaust manifold with the built in cat. on the lx/dx is even more restrictive then the stupidly small stock systems on the ex (1.25 inch after the downpipe). i havn't personally seen the numbers after both models upgrade exhaust systems but that's my hunch. the exhaust thread by triz says that the ex header will bolt directly on to the head of you d17a1. how ever the rest of the exhaust is different and won't connect at the same point. i'm guessing you have a cat. back system. you could get the matching size cat. and downpipe for an ex header or aftermarket. my highflow cat. cost nothing it was $100 including tax, there's a nice ebay header for the d17 on ebay for $50 shipped (make sure to get one with the o2 sensor whole), then just go to an exhaust place to get a custum downpipe and get them to weld it all in, i got mine done for $170 including tax. you'll also need wiring to relocate the stock cat.'s o2 senser i'm guessing $10. so over all you're looking at $330 to finish your exhaust system your intake and cat. back exhaust probably cost way more then that. even if you don't gain much power you'll have the high flow air system you'll need if you actually start building power with real internal performance parts. here's the link by triz it's got lot's of good stuff in it about lx and dx exhaust, i havn't really read it cause i got an ex but i thought it might help =).

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...haust-faq.html
Old 08-22-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25
i've only put on the basic bolt on's and my car is very noticably faster (short ram intake, high flow cat. and matching 2.25" pipes all the way from downpipe to exhaust).
phsychosomatic effect.
you just think it is faster.
intake exhaust gave me almost nothi9ng in the autoX.
just made more noise.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

dont know if u can tell how big these pipes are from this but let me know!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic 022.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	79076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic 020.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	79077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic 021.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	79078  
Old 08-22-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

sdaidoji, did you cat. delete or high flow cat. was yours a d17a2? my reference is from 0-60 pulls i did stock. my car also pulls better with more weight then it did before. before it felt slugish with a half tank of gas and my bro's heavy ***. now under the same conditions it pulls like it did with just me and a quarter tank. i guess i might have to post a clip of a 0-60 or 80 pull.

edit: k so i shot a video of it. i'm sitting at 8.2 to 8.5 seconds for my 0-60mph. the googled times for a stock standard range from 7.9-9.8 seconds. so lets go for the best and say a stock standard is 7.9. i have an auto which is heavier (i'm running full stock options with the spare in the trunk so around 40-50 pounds heavier. plus my stock "si" trim inside and out, lets say 30 pounds. so i'm rocking around an extra 70-80 pounds) and has less whp then a standard so at worst i'm .6 of a second slower then a standard at best i'd be 1.6 seconds faster. so i'm pretty sure my car gained hp and torque. unless you think the auto four speed can match the standard 5? but i wouldn't think so. i tryed to find my old youtube acount to post the vid but it won't resend me the verification email... lame!

Last edited by mac25; 08-23-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-23-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25
sdaidoji, did you cat. delete or high flow cat. was yours a d17a2? my reference is from 0-60 pulls i did stock. my car also pulls better with more weight then it did before. before it felt slugish with a half tank of gas and my bro's heavy ***. now under the same conditions it pulls like it did with just me and a quarter tank. i guess i might have to post a clip of a 0-60 or 80 pull.

edit: k so i shot a video of it. i'm sitting at 8.2 to 8.5 seconds for my 0-60mph. the googled times for a stock standard range from 7.9-9.8 seconds. so lets go for the best and say a stock standard is 7.9. i have an auto which is heavier (i'm running full stock options with the spare in the trunk so around 40-50 pounds heavier. plus my stock "si" trim inside and out, lets say 30 pounds. so i'm rocking around an extra 70-80 pounds) and has less whp then a standard so at worst i'm .6 of a second slower then a standard at best i'd be 1.6 seconds faster. so i'm pretty sure my car gained hp and torque. unless you think the auto four speed can match the standard 5? but i wouldn't think so. i tryed to find my old youtube acount to post the vid but it won't resend me the verification email... lame!
Ah, OK, if you have numbers, you are good!
Mine is a D17A2, Manual, EX in USA (actually it's an US model, so Si in canada).
I Did get an AEM CAI (did not know at the time that was not necessary, just the filter and some random pipes...) and the unknown muffler (just got it to clear the Rear progress sways...).
Did not get me much oomph in the autoX, 0.2 sec or so... I had no front traction anyway...
Could be something about the short RAM in your engine also.
AT have a longer transmission ratios, so would need more torque in lower speeds, but would be happier with more power in the higher speeds. not sure, actually. Mine really did not make much difference.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-23-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2010

sdaidoji, did you cat deleate, or high flow cat. it? obviously a highflow intake be it sr or cai plus high flow pipes won't do much if you're running a 1.25" stock cat. and downpipe. the cat. only cost me $100 with tax, i'd recumend it if you've already dropped the money for the intake and exhaust might as well finish the system you started.
Old 08-24-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Nah, maybe if i ever decide for the stage 1 cams. the CAI actually was a mistake, just too lazy to put the stockers back.
It is nice to have a car that is loud only when i want to, though (until i was forced to put the muffler). No need to use the honk. just downshift and step on the gas.
the high flow cat sounds more trouble if it starts the CEL's.
Old 08-24-2010

no cel in mine. but you need the airflow sencor in the right place. which on the stock cat. is inbetween the two screens. here's to hoping it'll stay off! nock on wood.
Old 08-24-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

good luck! but no, still no for now.
I still have a 1200 mile trip back to US sometime next year!
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

20_CiViC_02 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol I put an aftermarket muffler on and a K&N SRI, which says about a 5hp gain. Wow, great.

If I wanted a fast car, I wouldn't have bought a civic. I would have bought something lighter and with a bigger engine. I just put an intake in with a new muffler to make it sound like a beast, even though it's a 115hp I4, rofl.
Old 08-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by n00bkiller
Neither. You both loose for racing a little girl's ***** car. If you want a race car, buy a race car. Don't try to make your econoshitbox something it's not.

Go away troll.

Quick Reply: Which Civic to win?