Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

I do stupid things...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sophiel is an unknown quantity at this point
I do stupid things...

Disclaimer: This is an example of incredible stupidity on my part. After going back and reading this I realized how reckless. It's an example what you shouldn't do as you might endanger other peoples lives.

Yes stupid, stupid things.

When I got off work today an old high school buddy who lives in the same town as me approached me.

"Hey man let's race back home!"

Without even thinking...

"Sure!"

So I let him go ahead of me. I'm confident in Luna's (my civic) ability to out pull a Chevy Lumina. He was ahead of me for a bit but I quickly caught up to him and pull an average of about 10 to 15 car lengths ahead of him the whole time. We got on the freeway and I floored past all the other traffic, toping out at 125. I tell you that must of scared the bejeesus out of the people in the slow lane.

So I'm pulling ahead and slow down because there's a mini van ahead of me. My friend get's in behind me and he's riding my *** of course. We wind down some corners next and the first moment I see a straight stretch and now oncoming traffic I pull past the minivan and floor it. I get pack into the right lane and up ahead I see an SUV and I'm approaching fast. I slam my brakes and grimace for fear that I'm going to rear end the dude. (yeah.... ****ing stupid), but luckily my brakes are better than I gave them credit for. I wait for the oncoming traffic to go past and I gun past this dude as well. Meanwhile my friend is struggling to keep up with me but he just can't pull it.

The only time I actually drove sane was when we came to a little town where I know for a fact the cops are always on patrol. The moment we got out there I gunned it again and came on behind some bikers. Once again I waited until traffic cleared and I pulled past the bikers and floored it. Well they might have been pissed. The bikers pulled in front of me and tried to swerve me off the ****ing road. Granted I was exercising good judgment either but do you honestly think trying to throw your bike in my way is going to be a good idea?

For the rest of the way I was keeping ahead of my friend and knowing what my car was doing I sealed the deal with the way I took the turns.

We hit the straight stretch in my home town and stopped in front of his place.

Was it scary? Hell yeah? Will I do it again? No... Or not for a good while at least.

I need to wait until my internal organs un-knot themselves.

Last edited by Sophiel; 05-01-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough
Re: I do stupid things...

It's doing things like that that kill people.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

Yeah I realize that. I was an ***. Lesson learned and I won't be that damn stupid again.
Old 05-01-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

I got dibs on his kidneys if he dies.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

I got dibs on his kidneys if he dies.
Believe me you wouldn't want 'em. I eat nothing but red meat and drink imported beer.
Old 05-01-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophiel
Believe me you wouldn't want 'em. I eat nothing but red meat and drink imported beer.

Which beer?

New Castle
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

<3 For New Castle. Also props to Guinness, Warsteiner and Kostritzer (if you can get those last two).

Anyways back on topic: I'm an *******.
Old 05-01-2007

<3 For New Castle. Also props to Guinness, Warsteiner and Kostritzer (if you can get those last two).

Anyways back on topic: I'm an *******.
And I'm I big DICK so I guess that means you will be the one getting screwed.
Old 05-01-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

job security for me. were i you, i'd worry more about getting killed by bikers, than wrecking your car, although that's a reall possiblity too.
Old 05-01-2007

This is why a say tune it safe

http://www.everwonder.com/david/worl...cident/15.html
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

job security for me.
Hence the edit and adding the disclaimer at the top of the page.

Believe me I won't be doing this again.
Old 05-01-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

^that's a volvo, too. quite a bit safer than a civic. you really have to work to kill yourself in one of them.
Old 05-01-2007

Hence the edit and adding the disclaimer at the top of the page.

Believe me I won't be doing this again.
I'm glad you realize that.

Many people make mistakes behind the wheel we are all guilty at one point in our lives and lucky, I say this from my own experiance.

But luck soon runs out, I hope the youth on this sight can gain something from this post.

discipline and control must be used when you are driving.

Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

I hope the youth on this sight can gain something from this post.
That's the same sentiment I share as well. I'm 24 years old and thus old enough to actually know better and to know that I was certainly not exercising good judgement on my part.

Hopefully someone reads this and gets the message.

And thank you for the replies.
Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough

hmmm, retarded stuff like this hapens and will continue to happen forever. I am conviced that the dumest thing you did is mess with the bikes, you just never know about them, and it would be awful to take one out.
Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

Got Boost? is an unknown quantity at this point

I race sometimes in a blue moon but I also drive a bike so ppl should be aware that we have no protection and when you ride a bikers *** it scares the **** out of him becuase I know from experience.... I mess around on my bike and my car but I know my limits... As soon as I hopped on that bike I gave TOTAL respect to the road and its drivers.

You dont know your limits 'till you go beyond them.
Old 05-07-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough

kind of reminds me of my two friends racing the other night. 1995 saab 9000 turbo vs 07 elantra gt. sabb swerved to miss a cop and rolled 7 times and totaled his car and he was only going 80.