Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

I know that I am not the one to talk but.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
I know that I am not the one to talk but.....

This is a perfect example of why not to race. This is a post by a fellow K20a member who had an accident while racing. Just to read it gives me chills.

Originally Posted by tony4380
well guys.... nearly a horror story. late friday night... well technically saturday.. at about 3:35 AM. me and a friend leave Denny's to head to another friends apartment to sleep for the night. on the way there, on the highway, we're minding our own buisness doin about 70mph... speed limit is 55. next thing i know, goin around a curve, a nice lookin 01-02 camaro SS comes out of nowhere and gets beside me, flicks his brights a few times. we hit the end of the curve and theres a good half mile stretch in front of us...

what else do we do? i drop to 3rd gear and stomp it like he does. 4th gear, bam, im a car ahead. 5th gear, bam im roughly 2 cars and change. theres a pickup truck ahead in my lane... i get in the left lane to pass, then change back to the right lane. the back end gets a little loose. i keep control but i let off, simply because the race was over and we were just goin way too fast anyways..... little did i know, the camaro driver must have freaked. next thing i know... i heard tires screamin and bam!!!! he hits me in the driver side door because he lost control and was spinning out. again, his right freont headlight smacks my driver side. this points me towards an overpass concrete pylon. im roughly dpin 130mph at this point and said to ymself "im not gonna die tonight". i cut the wheel back towards the center of the road and hope for the best. i see nothing but the camaro's tire smoke and then we hit again on the driver side. this sends me spinning to the right again but i end up backwards.

we both end up in the grass banking.... my cars nose is rubbing the side of the bank as i slide sideways for the last 300 feet with a few close calls to almost rolling over. as i come to a stop, the left side tires dig in and the car goes up at maybe a 30 degree angle, plops back on the ground. whew.... that was a hell of a ride.

i get out... and my buddy that was following me finally stops behind me. he runs over to me screamin are you ok??? and im so glad your car wasnt the one flipping!!!....

i think to myself ohh **** what have we done. and he says lets go check on the camaro driver. so as we're running over there, the dust is still too thick to see through. his car ended up about 70 yards away from mine. the closer we get, the easier it is to see that his car is upside down and nearly crushed.

oil and coolant is everywhere and we can smell fuel. my friend goes to the passenger side and im running around to the driver side thinkin "im gonna see a body tonight". so the guy luckily had racing seats and a harness. the driver seat was completely bent sideways into where the passenger seat is, so i cant do anything. my friend taps him and he wakes up and starts saying get me out of here theres a 20lb bottle of nitrous armed. as my friends unbuckles him i try to find thenitrous bottle to shut the valve. the nitrous bottle holders had broken and the line was punctured but had frozen over. i still close the valve and the guy finally wiggles out of the car complaining of shoulder pains, and leg pains.

we call 911 and thats the rest of the night. i end up with a speeding ticket 90 in a 55, and the camaro driver is cited for striking a vehicle, striking a road sign, speeding, no state tag, and no insurance.

he goes to the hospital and would have a broken hand at most, and also he was given the breathalizer test and blew a .04 BAL.

the following morning, the reporting officer went back to the scene with the 2 witnesses (my friend, and the pickup truck that we passed)

both witnesses say that camaro lost control to hit me. the driver of the camaro also got to speak with the officer to tell him that i spun and hit him. the officer also advised me to find a good lawyer and to expect a court case because he has nothign to lose by suing me. the officer appears to be on my side because the way he read the skid marks, it only makes sense that hit vehicle struck mine first. he took picures of my car at my house which show first impact and secondary collision.

i will assess all damages to my car tuesday, besides the fact that i need body work to the rear quarter, a new door skin, new left and right fender, and front bumper. the car was flatbedded to my house, which i then drove into the garage. i am very lucky to only have that damage.

the camaro was in pieces. it took about 15 people "me included" around 3 hours to help cleanup.

this is another one of those keep it on the track deals. it was a poor decision we both made and that we will both learn from the hard way.
Old 10-16-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
It sucks when you have to learn the hard way. At least everyone was OK.
Old 10-16-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah seriously....
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
dang. i love racing but you figure how many things can happen if something goes wrong. try to keep it safe people, losing a race is barely important as someones life.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
see this is why i dont ever i mean ever do high speed races. a light to light is much different and i have had many close calls with cops so i dont do it much if at all anymore. its just not worth it. by the way this guy driving the civic is full of it. he says he was beating a ss camaro on a straight away that had nitrous. that is funny!! LOL
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
by the way this guy driving the civic is full of it. he says he was beating a ss camaro on a straight away that had nitrous. that is funny!! LOL
He has timeslips for a 13.11 at 107 mph. I guess it would depend on the shot of nitrous, but with a 50-75 shot I don't think an SS would be any faster. I can take out a stock SS with my setup
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
^ thats about right if its a well modded civic(esp k20), I had an LS1 formula with mods, went ok but not like my turbo civ, and that is in the mid 13s with shitty 60fts at the moment.

Thats the type of thing I see in the back of my head every time I run a race. Around here we dont change lanes and dont race in traffic, period. If I die doing this its my bussiness but I cant live with friggin up someone elses family.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
having nitrous doesn't mean using it... that's crazy, and AMAZING no one got really messed up at those speeds
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
hate to tell you guys but SS's are low 13 high 12 sec cars stock.. with any mods its definately a 12 sec car and on nitrous at least a low 12 high 11 sec car. i have a few friends with them and i love LS1's. the SS is basically a poor mas vette. even a swapped k20a would get its *** handed to it in stock form against even a stock SS. if that guy had seats and all he wasnt stock. and even if a 13.11 was his best time a SS will run that consistantly stock. let alone modded in any way. i still call BS
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
hate to tell you guys but SS's are low 13 high 12 sec cars stock.. with any mods its definately a 12 sec car and on nitrous at least a low 12 high 11 sec car. i have a few friends with them and i love LS1's. the SS is basically a poor mas vette. even a swapped k20a would get its *** handed to it in stock form against even a stock SS. if that guy had seats and all he wasnt stock. and even if a 13.11 was his best time a SS will run that consistantly stock. let alone modded in any way. i still call BS
My bad man for some reason I was thinking of an LT1 SS . Yeah I am betting that he was not on the bottle at the time of the race. I have ran into a couple of the LT1s and they are not to big of a problem for me as long as they are stock
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EMK20a2
My bad man for some reason I was thinking of an LT1 SS . Yeah I am betting that he was not on the bottle at the time of the race. I have ran into a couple of the LT1s and they are not to big of a problem for me as long as they are stock
LT1's are a low 14 high 13 sec car stock. an auto with a shift kit can run 13's. throw in headers and exhaust and your for sure in the high 13 sec range. from a roll a k20a would have a good run and probably pull a little and a 13.11 nitrous fed civic would definately pull it. but he would definately have to squeeze so the guy driving the civic should have been worried about his nitrous too?? here is the owner of that posts car

Date of Birth:
January 24, 1985
Postbit Style:
Vehicle Year:
Vehicle Make:
Honda
Vehicle Model:
LX
Body Style:
Sedan
Vehicle Color:
satin silver metallic
Engine/Performance Modifications:
INJEN CAI, MAXSPEED catback with custom 2.25 piping
Suspension/Wheel Modifications:
Icon W62 19" 215/35/19 Toyo Proxes FZ4
Exterior Modifications:
Tsunami front, BuddyClub2 rear, altezza tails, mirror tint, M3 style mirrors,
Interior Modifications:
painted trim, custom molded indash 6.5" LCD
I.C.E.:
Pioneer 8800mp head unit, 6.5" 3way pioneer door and rear deck speakers, Rockford Fosgate P8002 2CH AMP, 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P3's plexiglassed in trunk
Future Modifications:
Bags, black widow sides, BOOST!!

doesnt sound like he would stand a chance to that camaro. let alone run a 13.11 on nitrous with a sedan. i mean djmota was able to run a 14.2 on the bottle with a cam and made 180whp wiht a 75 shot. it would take a lot of money in either a turbo or motor buils with nitrous to put that car in to the 13.11 range. and that guy seems more interested in body mods and bags than performance.
it just doesnt add up. im waiving it
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

I wonder if this is the same guy?? The quote was from K20a, and he has nothing in his sig like what you have above. Did you get that from 7thgen?? I was under the impression that he has a Kswap ek hatch from his previous posts, which if it is lightened and swapped can easily see low 13s. This is odd. This is the thread http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19460
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

Yeah I just did some research and he has a K20a2 CRX so I would say low 13s would be easy with that little car.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4300
Old 10-18-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
low 13s r u kidding me...theres a k20a2 crx here in FL, with just I/H/E and runs 12 flats.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

then that is a different story. a k swapped hatch all motor would definately hold its own.